Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cars for Community Lots *no longer needed* Buzzler's mod does it all!

by Winterhart Posted 24th Jun 2010 at 2:19 AM - Updated 14th Jul 2011 at 6:04 AM by Winterhart : obsolete mod

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 4:32 AM
cool but will this also work with costum cars which i downloaded because im working on a Car Gallery and all i got is a prop BMW any help?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 4:47 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 24th Jun 2010 at 6:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by bodinalt
cool but will this also work with costum cars which i downloaded because im working on a Car Gallery and all i got is a prop BMW any help?

**EDIT**

I CAN do it! I have asked for permission to do it. I'll let you know as soon as I hear.

I'm sorry to say that couldn't make that work for me. I plan to continue working on that as an option. First, I will need to get
permission from the people who have made the custom cars. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 9:08 AM
Damn! I was hoping this was exactly what I was trying to do last night, I made a parking lot and then changed it to community lot and all they cars disappeared definitely need to make this for custom cars! I want to make a used car yard hehe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rados/cars1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rados/cars2.jpg

Like so
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 9:24 AM
Yay! Thank you! I needed this so desperately to finish my world in progress!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 12:20 PM
Is this the same like this mod posted on Sims Crossing: http://simscrossing.net/index.php?topic=4264.0
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:14 PM
Great idea! Thanks to Murf for the idea, and thanks to Winterhart for making it a reality. I suppose this will only expand from here for entrepreneurial Simmers :-)
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soneen
Is this the same like this mod posted on Sims Crossing: http://simscrossing.net/index.php?topic=4264.0

Same mod ... I also have the Chopper and bicycles
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 4:35 PM
I'll stick with your mods cameranutz2, I've been using all three of them and they work great, thanks again b.t.w. for them
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kristoph
Damn! I was hoping this was exactly what I was trying to do last night, I made a parking lot and then changed it to community lot and all they cars disappeared definitely need to make this for custom cars! I want to make a used car yard hehe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rados/cars1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rados/cars2.jpg

Like so

That looks like Kleptomaniac sim heaven!

Great mod, by the way. I've been looking for something like this for a while.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 9:46 PM
cameranutz2 Haha, If I'd known about your mod I wouldn't have thought of this one. But I'm glad I did cause there's now one on MTS for those of us that didn't know.

Thanks again Winterheart, also thanks for making it so quickly. As for Custom cars I hope you can come to some kind of arrangement with Fresh-Prince and any the other car makers. Good luck.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 10:01 PM
awesome, much needed, thanks

Does Not Compute
Instructor
#13 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 11:54 PM
Very handy, thank you, Winterhart!

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 6:14 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 27th Jun 2010 at 7:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Soneen
No, this is not like that mod. The mod at simscrossing overwrites your game files.
This is not really a single mod, but an individual mod for each vehicle. It does not overwrite any game files.

Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
Same mod ... I also have the Chopper and bicycles
To repeat, this mod is not like the one at simscrossing! I went to that site and checked it out. There are BIG warnings about how that mod will overwrite your game files. My mod does not overwrite any game files.

Edit

*****Correction and apology*****
It is the same mod and I apologize for responding harshly, cameranutz2. Putting your mods in the packages folder tells the game "run these things first", it doesn't overwrite, change any game files. I misunderstood what you meant overwrite.

End Edit

Quote: Originally posted by Murf
Thanks again Winterheart, also thanks for making it so quickly. As for Custom cars I hope you can come to some kind of arrangement with Fresh-Prince and any the other car makers. Good luck.
I have asked permission from Fresh Prince and all the other creators who have cars on this site. Everyone except DECAB has responded saying "yes"!

Today I finished doing all of Fresh Prince's mods here at MTS. He has a few more on his own site that I will be downloading tonight. I also finished all of the ones from the other creators. The time consuming part for me will be listing the individual cars and the links to them and doing the screenshots. I hope to have them uploaded for approval buy Monday or Tuesday. :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 12:36 PM
Thank you SO MUCH. I have an empty Stadium parking lot. Now it will have lots of cars for the games.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 12:39 PM
Can't wait. I love Fresh Prince's cars.

And by the way I made my showroom. I've just have to fix a couple of things and then hopefully I can upload it soon.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:41 PM
Can't wait. I love Fresh Prince's cars.

And by the way I made my showroom. I've just have to fix a couple of things and then hopefully I can upload it soon.

In a previous post, you mentioned that the showroom would be your first upload. I strongly recommend that you put up pictures of your showroom on

Creator Feedback found here:
http://nene.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=612

Also you need to read Creator Guidelines found here:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ator_Guidelines

It may save you from having your first effort rejected. :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 7:23 PM
Yeh, I've spent the last last couple of days reading all about it. I've even made a practice layout which I'll work on over time. I'll wait til your custom cars are done before I finish so I can update the description before uploading. Until then I'll probably go into the feedback section and then make some changes, then I'll do some more testing and then do the screenshots.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 6:25 AM
Some questions:
1. May my sim(s) drive the car back home?
2. Does it have its own usefulnes or just for decorating?
3. When I upload the community lots and people download it (but they don't have the mod), will they see those cars?

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Murf : 28th Jun 2010 at 5:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HKJeffer
Some questions:
1. May my sim(s) drive the car back home?
2. Does it have its own usefulnes or just for decorating?
3. When I upload the community lots and people download it (but they don't have the mod), will they see those cars?

1. No they can't but I think kleptomaniac sims can steal a car and maybe then use it. I haven't done this so I could be wrong.

2. Just for decoration

3. I'm not sure but some people who download your lot will probably want to rearrange or replace the cars with their favourites and for that they will need the mod. Just make sure when you upload your lot to provide a link to this creation(and give credit to Winterhart) and let your downloaders know why they'll need to download this. That's what I'm doing.
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 5:34 AM
Winterhart could you make the Taxi, Police Car, Fire Truck, Maid Car, Rockstar Bus, Rockstar Limo, Repo Truck and Scooter for Community Lots?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stormchaser One
Winterhart could you make the Taxi, Police Car, Fire Truck, Maid Car, Rockstar Bus, Rockstar Limo, Repo Truck and Scooter for Community Lots?

That's the plan. I just uploaded the mods for all of Fresh Prince's cars. I'm going to do most of the other creators cars next and that includes the ones you would like. :lovestruc

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:26 AM
Just make sure when you upload your lot to provide a link to this creation(and give credit to Whitehart) and let your downloaders know why they'll need to download this. That's what I'm doing.

Thanks for answering the questions, Murf.
But who's this "Whitehart?" Is she stealing my ideas?

LOL,
Winterhart

Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 5:03 PM
Winterhart could you get Grim Reaper Statue in Home Lots as a Statue?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stormchaser One
Winterhart could you get Grim Reaper Statue in Home Lots as a Statue?
I don't know, but I will try. :lovestruc

Page 1 of 2