Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Three more recolours for MogHughson's Illuminated Sign

by simsfreq Posted 28th Jun 2010 at 7:06 PM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:20 PM
Can't get enough of this sing. Lovely recolors.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:33 PM
Cool, these signs look REALLY good! Thanks for your upload! I probably would be inspired by now and start making my own, but I have no clue (cuz the tutorials I find are confusing) how to recolor CUSTOM objects. Anyways, thank you again! Looks great!

ENTJ
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:37 PM
Simlish love! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 9:18 PM
Love these.....the pet shop sign is perfect with the added details. (dogs, cats, birds, food etc.) Thank you for these...can never have too many signs for my stores!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 9:25 PM
These are great - so glad to see them here! Thanks.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Zombie Socks
#7 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 8:22 PM
Thank you so much for including non-simlish as well. These look amazing!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 9:27 AM
These are fantastic! Now I know that you said above you won't do specific requests but that you'd take suggestions. One thing I found lacking about MogHughson's ORIGINAL illuminated signs is that they were ..... kinda low-res. Anyone who actually installed those signs and played them in the game knows what I mean. They are literally low-res. Pixelated. Now I don't want to dump on Mog's illuminated signs, because I think they are a great (and unique) contribution. However, I was hoping someone else (hint hint simsfreq) would take things a step further and "upgrade" the quality of those generic MogHughson illuminated signs. I really like the idea of generic signs, such as "Mini-Mart". Is it even possible to have neighborhoods without at least some Mini-Marts? Oh well, maybe I've said too much. meh. Anyways, much thanks to those of you making these illuminated signs. Even more thanks that they are in SIMLISH.... which greatly enhances the Sim Neighborhood immersion factor.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 12:40 AM
Wonderful job!

Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Massadar
These are fantastic! Now I know that you said above you won't do specific requests but that you'd take suggestions. One thing I found lacking about MogHughson's ORIGINAL illuminated signs is that they were ..... kinda low-res. Anyone who actually installed those signs and played them in the game knows what I mean. They are literally low-res. Pixelated. Now I don't want to dump on Mog's illuminated signs, because I think they are a great (and unique) contribution. However, I was hoping someone else (hint hint simsfreq) would take things a step further and "upgrade" the quality of those generic MogHughson illuminated signs. I really like the idea of generic signs, such as "Mini-Mart". Is it even possible to have neighborhoods without at least some Mini-Marts? Oh well, maybe I've said too much. meh. Anyways, much thanks to those of you making these illuminated signs. Even more thanks that they are in SIMLISH.... which greatly enhances the Sim Neighborhood immersion factor.

Hi Massadar. I'm not 100% sure about the pixelated-ness of the original signs. Take a look at the first picture in my upload thread (the one which is the main thumbnail) at full-size - this also looks pixelated when you are that zoomed in. This is a limitation of the game because this is a large object, textures cannot be over a certain size and so some items are unfortunately always going to look pixelated at close zoom levels.

If you are saying that the original signs are more pixelated then I have to say I have not noticed - but perhaps I play more zoomed out than you do. Either way, I can't redo the original graphics because I don't have the original images or fonts used to create them (and besides that I would feel it is encroaching on Mog's creation). But I may well do a generic mini-mart type sign at some point.

Thanks to everyone for the comments, it really inspires me to share more stuff!
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:41 AM
Thanks for the response, simsfreq.

To clarify, I was not really zoomed in that much (zoomed out enough that I can see the entire building). But to me, it looked "pixelated" relative to all the other nearby objects (walls, windows, sign posts, etc). Now I realize that in the game, if we zoom in close enough, EVERYTHING eventually becomes pixelated and jaggy-looking ... this is especially noticeable in things like bedsheet patterns, detailed clothing, etc.

However, as you said, perhaps it's just a game limitation on graphics, and I'll go with that. I'd certainly welcome it if you release more custom/generic sign types like the mini-mart. It is greatly appreciated that both you and MogHughson released these signs in English as well as Simlish. The Simlish-language signs really add a whole dimension to the game's immersion. Kinda like llamas.... it makes the game feel authentically "simmy".
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 1:46 AM
You did very good job of these, I especially love the pet shop sign. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 5:29 AM
This recolours will make my restaurant.Thanks a lot!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 6:17 PM
This is wonderful, much thanks to you for making these store signs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:35 AM
Thanks for Sharing!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 5:11 PM
Wonderful! These add so much more versatility to Mog's sign, which I loved using anyway. Thank you! :)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:45 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:52 PM
thank you