Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated* Sci Fi Neighborhood Cars Replacements

by joninmobile Posted 28th Jun 2010 at 11:34 PM - Updated 14th Jul 2011 at 12:34 AM by Phaenoh

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 2:18 AM
I don't do the sci-fi thing, but I think this is so great! Awesome thinking :D

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 10:41 AM
I love it. I'm not running a sci-fi hood, but I'm going to install it anyway, for the LULZ. XD
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:01 AM
hehe, I was thinking about doing this someday even though I don't play sci-fi. This was very needed, nice work!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 12:28 PM
This is very great work - I am busy with a sci fi neighbourhood and wondered how to overcome that problem - tell me - if I install this and later on create another hood or go to a different one that is already created - will those vehicles also be converted to sci - fi? I would hate for this to happen as I have been trying to do various hoods under various themes - eg. Flintstones, Harry Potter, etc.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:58 PM
silvertora, replacements always work global. But you could rename your EA Games or The Sims 2 folder in My Documents, like "EA Games S" for sci-fi. Then the next time you start the game it will create a fresh EA Games folder and you can put stuff for a different theme in there. That way you can have different replacements for different themes. Only downside is you have to exit the game, rename the folders and start again to switch themes.

Theorist
#7 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:32 PM
Wonderful! Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:33 PM
Oooo...This I like! All sort of wondrous Sci-fi thoughts wander through my head!

Thanks for these.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 1:50 AM
I sometimes like to watch these run through the neighborhood for a while before I enter lot or CAS. There are awesome fun for me. Thanks, Jon!
Theorist
#10 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:17 AM
WOW! going to try it out today.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 10:09 AM
Having put this in my game, I love it. I did notice though, one of the planes flying backwards, which threw me for a moment. Was it supposed to be that way?
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 10:46 AM
Oh no, I'll try to fix that.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 1:10 PM
That's the Garbage Truck replacement, I had the same problem.

Banned
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 2:18 PM
It should be fixed now, give it some time, then re-download. It takes a while for it to overwrite the existing file.
Theorist
#15 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Atom_Bunny
Having put this in my game, I love it. I did notice though, one of the planes flying backwards, which threw me for a moment. Was it supposed to be that way?
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
July 1st 2010 at 8:14 am CST fixed the flying backwards plane. This will remove the red and green plane, that was the only way I could fix it was remove what was causing the problems. You still have all the other planes and ships there, but red and green plane is gone, and none fly backwards.
I don't suppose reversing the mesh would help, because sometimes it flies forwards too? But what about swapping it with one of the non-directional objects such as a sphere or cube?
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
I don't suppose reversing the mesh would help, because sometimes it flies forwards too? But what about swapping it with one of the non-directional objects such as a sphere or cube?

That's because two cars got replaced with the same model, Sophie-David. But only one of them is driving backwards.

Theorist
#17 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psychosim0
That's because two cars got replaced with the same model, Sophie-David. But only one of them is driving backwards.
Aha! But if that vehicle were a non-directional one such as a cube or sphere then it wouldn't matter.
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 10:01 AM
These are awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 5:39 AM
i was JUST thinking that my space terrain looked terrible with taxi cars everywhere...
thakns! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 3:42 PM
Hey This Is COOL!!! But Can You Make One With Cars But Better ones Plzz! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 2:11 AM
Fantastic!
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd May 2015 at 7:21 PM
I know it's not about this mod, but I got unsolved question.
How to increase the traffic of cars in neighborhood. I want to see a lot of cars driving in my neighborhood.