Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

14 tees - LONGER - Maxis basegame recolor

by billielith Posted 11th Jul 2010 at 1:45 AM - Updated 25th Jul 2018 at 11:28 AM by billielith

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
#2 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:21 AM
Nice, I hated how those shirts showed the belly.
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:46 AM
Just what I wanted.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:36 AM
Glad that you like them. Nice av, jon. And sorry that my previous ones showed the bellys, I didn't think it was so bad :P

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 12:15 PM
Yes! This is awesome! So much better than the originals and I love when the shirts are long. Thank you so much for making it longer and sharing. I'll probably default these for myself.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 101ita
Yes! This is awesome! So much better than the originals and I love when the shirts are long. Thank you so much for making it longer and sharing. I'll probably default these for myself.

If you do, will you share them? I'd love to have a default version!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:00 PM
Sure, feel free to upload defaults of these if you make some. You have my permission. 101ita do you want my PSD file? It would end up with a better result. PM me if you want it.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:52 PM
I love these longer versions as well! Thank you so much for making these longer to cover up the belly. I downloaded your previous ones because I loved the colors and the pretty simplicity of nice tops....yet I knew that they were suited towards more of my younger, outgoing sim females. These are perfect for all the rest of them now! Thank you for these again....and for the pretty and diverse color choices! (LOVE the Princess Pink and the baby blue, especially!)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:23 PM Last edited by billielith : 18th Jul 2010 at 7:30 PM.
Now as defaults too. I didn't want to make them defaults at first because I have no clue how to remove/replace the Maxis bumpmap in a default. So it's there. You can see a subtle line where the Maxis ones ended at the bottom. It's the best I can do, I wish I could remove that but I didn't find how.

At least you got defaults now. All hidden under the same Maxis shirts as for my shorter ones. Here's the link in case you need to check the pictures for a reference as to what replaces what:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409625

Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:28 PM
These are AWESOME! They're just what I needed for some bottom-only dresses I downloaded! Thanks so much for sharing them!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 8:03 AM
Thanks! I appreciate your comment. And your avatar is too cute! ^^

Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by billielith
Thanks! I appreciate your comment. And your avatar is too cute! ^^

Aww, thanks! :'D I'm glad you like it!

And just to let you know, I'm pretty much spamming my Sims with these and the teen version. They're awesome! And FYI, I'm running only Life Stories - not even base game!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 11:44 PM
Wow, I didn't even know basegame stuff could work in Life Stories. Really cool! ^^

Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by billielith
Wow, I didn't even know basegame stuff could work in Life Stories. Really cool! ^^

Actually, I have heading on 3gig worth of basegame custom content in my Life Stories game. I've gotten a few hacks in there as well; InSIM OBJ, InTEEN NL, childhood crushes...

I'm waiting for it to explode at any given moment. XD I have a bunch of your stuff in-game, so once I can find it all in my catalog, I'll let you know what works with it.

(Gah, I've edited this post three times for spelling errors. )
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 5:13 PM
My shy/less showy sims will love these, thanks. As for things from Sims working in the laptop sims games : I had bought Castaway Stories and some things from here and other places will work in Castaway Stories as well. I think the same is true for Pet Stories as well but I don't have Pet Stories yet but I am going to get it someday since I might not ever get Pets expansion for Sims 2.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k24601
My shy/less showy sims will love these, thanks. As for things from Sims working in the laptop sims games : I had bought Castaway Stories and some things from here and other places will work in Castaway Stories as well. I think the same is true for Pet Stories as well but I don't have Pet Stories yet but I am going to get it someday since I might not ever get Pets expansion for Sims 2.

More reasons to make basegame compatible content. Really good to know, thanks! ^^

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 5:20 AM
These are just gorgeous! I love the style, and the colors you've chosen. I never used the maxis shirts, these will be a different story. Thanks so much for defaulting them (I wasn't keen on the belly showing version either)
Cheers!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:17 PM
glad you like! I never realized they would look better without showing the belly, until someone made me this request. now I constantly use these ones too, lol.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 8:41 PM
These are so cute. Thanks for making ugly Maxis tops wearable now!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 2:28 AM
Thanks for making default replacements for those of us who don't want our Sims' gut hanging out! I have always hated the Maxis shirts that show the midriff.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 7:28 AM
Thanks BurgundyStars and rockergrrl. Glad that these little sets still get attention. I wonder if it would be worth it to make a set with prints on them? Like, text textures and such. Maybe my bad cat? lol.
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 8:25 PM
cool, my fave is blood and tears
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 8:05 AM
Thanks! I've been considering making a set of variants with different color mixes, but I don't know if it'd ruin the special side to it, since it won't be unique anymore.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 10:27 PM
Well done, the extension is more discreet than mine, bravo and thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jlouis
Well done, the extension is more discreet than mine, bravo and thank you.

You made a set?

Page 1 of 2