Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 Extended windows for thicker walls

by Lisen801 Posted 14th Jul 2010 at 7:14 AM - Updated 9th Jun 2012 at 3:15 PM by Lisen801

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 10:53 AM
Like the arches, good work!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 2:30 PM
Thank you! The illusion of thicker walls will make castles and stone-walled homes look so much more realistic! Great idea and beautiful work!
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 4:41 PM
Are you possibly going to do other windows too? These are awesome, but I don't really use these types of windows in my game.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 5:16 PM
They are great!
But... can you upload it as a rar or zip file? I cannot open .7z's and don't want to install any new software just to unpack one file.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mertana
They are great!
But... can you upload it as a rar or zip file? I cannot open .7z's and don't want to install any new software just to unpack one file.

Hi

I think 7z-files can be opened with your rar extractor

Lisen
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801
I think 7z-files can be opened with your rar extractor

I quess they cannot. I see something like this when I try:

I could translate it as: "Error. C:\ Documents blebleble... The archive has wrong format or is broken" and I think "format" (7z, rar, zip) is the problem since the icon looks like this: when all other archive files icons are:
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 6:37 PM
mertana

I downloaded the file from MTS and it works. 7z is a WinRAR arcive.
Try to download again and let me know if it works.

/Lisen
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 6:59 PM
What a clever idea! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 8:00 PM
This is the biggest mindfrig ever o_________o I still don't understand how this is even possible, LOL.
Anyways, -downloads-

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 8:37 PM
You've made me happy! I've wanted something like this for soo long I didn't think it would even be possible, thanks!
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801
I downloaded the file from MTS and it works. 7z is a WinRAR arcive.
Try to download again and let me know if it works.

I downloaded it a few times.

But I finally found out what was the problem - my WinRAR.
I have been using an old version of WinRAR (from 2 years ago). I downloaded the latest version and I can open the file now.
I quess I have to update the "instalation of winrar" file in my "instalation files to use after system reinstall" folder (My internet is too slow to download everything again and again so I keep instalation files on one of my "no-Windows" hard drive partitions).
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:28 AM
Those are amazing! My family and I are shockers for having cluttered windowsills, and in the game I kinda missed that without really knowing it.

Thankyou so much!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:14 AM
7z is not a WinRAR format of archive. It is custom format of 7zip archiver, which is free (WinRAR - FYI - isn't) and more efficient.
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:48 AM
ADORE your windows.You had a great idea and this is a great creation.My next castle will have them.A big thank you.
Instructor
#16 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:08 PM
Would love to see more windows like this! Thanks so much! Its brilliant!
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 4:20 PM
WOW ! ! ! ! ! This is the most amazing thing I've seen done with objects. WOW! ! ! Brilliant, spectacular work. Thank you, thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 12:28 AM
Thank you for your nice comments. I'm working on a set of windows, Maybe I uplod later
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by des-demmonia
7z is not a WinRAR format of archive. It is custom format of 7zip archiver, which is free (WinRAR - FYI - isn't) and more efficient.

Actually, you can use WinRAR to unzip 7z. 7-Zip, is a file you can associate with WinRAR. It's in settings, under the Integration tab.

Mertana, You probably didn't even need to update WinRAR either. 7-Zip, was probably not ticked off in your associate files tab.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:50 PM
REALLY NICE. I APPRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 11:14 PM
*SMOOCHES*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th May 2015 at 3:13 PM
Thanks