Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Former Graham Paulo Institute for the Criminally Insane

by Flabaliki Posted 25th Jul 2010 at 3:12 PM

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 4:33 PM
Beautiful work Flabaliki, this is amazing!
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 5:13 PM
Nice piece of modern architecture.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 5:40 PM
This house is so *insert a word that describes huge WOW here* :lovestruc
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 6:18 PM
really clean and classy! Nice work!

Call me Tyu. (:
Instructor
#6 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 12:03 AM
Fantastic build, Flabaliki and an awesome entry for the Foundations round 1 comp, the exteriors are very slick, the interiors are beautifully decorated, the neutral colours are cohesive and work together well. Great job!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 1:36 PM
Very nice modern and stylish house (and entertaining backstory)!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 2:52 PM
The house from the exterior has a lovely earthy feel — I can imagine myself sitting under tree and reading a good book, listening to the breeze as it rustles the leaves of the magnolia. However, the interior (and I'm a stickler for good interiors)—to me—is quite convoluted, and certain elements just don't go together (colour, style, shape, texture, etc.) — the awkward placement of some objects also imparts a certain level of tackiness that has no place in such an earthy abode. While I can appreciate the limitations of default content, I think more could have been done to tie the house together as a cohesive and organic (if you could imagine this in the real world) design. I certainly don't excuse myself from making these faults (in fact, I'm 100 percent certain I have made them), but these are the qualms I have with this particular house, and I would be lying if I described it with just a single epithet of praise.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 4:40 PM
The whole style / theme of the lot with the backstory and Beefysim1's comment about reading a book under a tree remind me of an old Pink Floyd song called "Brain Damage" and especially the opening line "The lunatic is on the grass..remembering days of daisy chains and laughs.. got to keep the loonies on the path". Good work Flab .
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 8:56 AM
I looove this house. And I am the sort of person who prefers big old colonial houses.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 3:44 AM
Well done! Is there any chance you could make the original mental institution?