Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval NPC Replacements: Bon Voyage

by sunni9676 Posted 13th Aug 2010 at 12:50 AM - Updated 13th Aug 2010 at 1:18 AM by sunni9676

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 1:54 AM
I cannot thank you enough for doing this! They all look great, but I do have a couple of questions... Are all the food stand cooks the same? I know the Asian and tropical food stands use different meshes in-game... Also, I LOVE the Charlatan in the Apartment Life Warlock mesh, but does he still change into 'local' clothes in vacation 'hoods? And what about his hat, does he have a hair replacement, too? Do you need AL for his outfit to work? (I have it, but I figured it's worth asking.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 2:14 AM
Hi Hat! Ok, I did the same outfits for the tropical food stand and mountain food stand, but I left the Asian alone. I approached this set from the perspective of creating a medieval type of vacation hood or using some of the items like food stands in the regular hood. Whichever hood you make the characters will show up in these outfits.

The Charlatan will only wear the warlock outfit in non-vacation hoods (and the NPC will work in this outfit even if you do not have AL expansion, however it is needed if you want a playable character to wear the all black recolor I made of the outfit). He does have a hair replacement, so his hat will be removed in whatever hood he visits now. As for him in the vacation hoods - this is tricky since he wears three distinct outfits when he visits those. In the tropical hood he wears the same outfit as the Fire Dancer - which I remade into a jester, so if you have that outfit in the game in the tropical hood that is what he will wear now. In the mountain hood he wears the lumberjack outfit, which is unfortunately the same as the food station cook, so I suppose he will show up in an apron, and I'm not sure about the asian hood (I think a kimono?) but I didn't change that outfit.

I am thinking of doing a tropical themed set for the tropical hood and the same for asian. I'd like to reassign some of the in-game outfits for the NPCs in those hoods because it looks weird to go to an Asian theme hood, but nobody is dressed appropriately. This is something that eaxis could have done easily.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 3:27 AM
Sunni, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

These are wonderful and I cannot wait to see them in-game. Thank you so much for all of your hard work! I'm going to be sticking these food stands everywhere, now that the workers are dressed appropriately! :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 3:39 AM
This is wonderful, now I can finally start that that vacation hood without cringing at the tour guides. Thank you!
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 4:02 AM
Very handy, and very nicely done.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:04 AM
That's good to know! I'll have to think hard about the food station cooks, then. I'd been considering learning to mesh-default so I could change the lumberjack outfits for something more Viking-ish, when I ever go and make some Viking-ish clothes for my Vikings, so that the Viking charlatan looks like a Viking. ('Viking' doesn't even look like a word anymore.)

I'd be excited for the more-themed look for the tropcial and Asian 'hoods, I really would, but then the only vacation theme I've really changed (as opposed to just ripping out electric lights and dressing tourists as missionaries) is Vikings instead of Lumberjacks in the Mountain 'hood.
Theorist
#8 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:00 AM
Absolutely wonderful sunni! Thank you so much!

Vikings instead of lumberjacks - now that's an interesting notion!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 7:48 AM
Woot! I LOVE the fire dancer replacement! I hope you don't mind if I recolor the heck outta that jester!

Hat, that sounds so perfect, a viking replacement for the Mountain hood!

Thank you both for making my medieval game so much more perfect!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 8:13 AM
Hi Meshy - you were an inspiration for the jester. I wanted to use your texture completely, but there was stretching with the diamond pattern on the mesh I used, so I had to go with solids only. If you want to change it or recolor I don't mind at all. I might do a few recolors too. That mesh has some clipping issues. Maybe somebody will fix it/alter it to make it more jesterly?!

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 4:23 PM
Just in time!...I'm testing my medieval Vacation lots right now and these guys will be great to have around instead of the usual suspects!

Thank you for your time and talent sunni.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 3:55 AM
Once again, you astound me with your awesomeness Keep up the great work!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 2:51 PM
I have a question, I see that these replace both mountain and tropical. I was planning to change the NPC's in the tropical hood to suit the theme I've chosen for it using in-game methods. Can I still do that for the tropical hood while leaving the new mountain NPC's alone?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
Hi Meshy - you were an inspiration for the jester. I wanted to use your texture completely, but there was stretching with the diamond pattern on the mesh I used, so I had to go with solids only. If you want to change it or recolor I don't mind at all. I might do a few recolors too. That mesh has some clipping issues. Maybe somebody will fix it/alter it to make it more jesterly?!
'

Oh WOW, Really?! That's too cool! Boy do I feel Special! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 4:10 AM
NikonSnow - The NPCs I've made will show up in every vacation hood wearing the apparel I have chosen for them. If you want to personalize NPCs in other hoods then you will need to take out my mod when you play tropical or asian. The reason is that some NPCs like the bellhop/maids/tour guides/masseuse all wear the same outfits in every hood. The food station NPCs wear an outfit specific to their stand (but still shared with other characters) - so ugh it gets complicated. This is the reason Im considering themed NPCs for Asian/Tropical that way they can be swapped out depending where you are visiting. Simply take my mod out when you play your vacation hood that you customized and put the mod back in the game if you decide to visit Medieval hood.

Scholar
#16 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 1:00 PM
Nice work
Wish there was something similar for sims 3..
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 11:35 PM
Yay! BV NPCs fixed!
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 12:42 AM
I love it!! Great work! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 2:40 AM
For some reason the Charlatan appears with the "warlock" mesh, but instead of it being "clothes" it's the sim's skin. Like... Bellybutton and bum. It's really awkward looking. Are you sure that we don't need AL for it to appear correctly? Let me know. Because love all the other NPCs work except for him. Thank you. ;D
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 8:24 AM
These are great! I don't know why, but I've been on a medieval binge lately and am downloading accordingly like crazy. I'm sure gonna miss the Unsavory Charlatan's old clothes ('cause I sort of had a crush on him), but if I get bored of the new design, I can always take it out and pretend he stumbled upon a time machine one day and came from the future, hoping to outwit--perhaps, in his mind--dimwitted medieval sims and take their loot? lol! Yeah, that sounds doable. Anyway, thanks for these! Also, I love your icon. Eddie Izzard is pure win! "Death. No, no--I mean cake!"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 1:11 PM
thank you