Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 9:52 AM
Thanks Simmy!
Thanks Monca!

Okay... here is an update and facial hair... I will work with the color when we decide which one looks best.

Oh by the say Simmy, thanks for the hat link, but that is actually an EA hat colored brown. I downloaded but it didn't give an extra one, I thought it would but it didn't.

I'm still not seeing him, so I don't know exactly where he is off... I will try to find another source pic of him tomorrow...

Unless you all can see what to do. I'm tired so maybe tomorrow I can see more clearly.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
The chin is looking too square and I think it's making a shadow along his jaw. His eyebrow color needs to be changed to match his hair. Other than that, I'm glad you're redoing his nose as it's very distinctive. Other than the nose, I think he looks good although I like more facial hair than stubble. Good going!

Thanks everyone!

Okay, his nose is something else.
Screenshots
Scholar
#28 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 4:41 AM
From the profile shot, the nasal bridge needs to move down to between his eyes and the nose tip be pulled some. (Although that might mess up the nostrils showing.) That will give the nose more of the "hook" it needs. For some reason, from the front, his face looks much longer than it did. I hate to say it, but everything might need to move up some - especially the jaw. The widest part of the model's jaw looks to be about 1/2 inch below his lips while the sim's is much lower. Sorry if I've given you poor advise! There's a nice "cowboy" mustache and hat on insiminator.org. You have to register, but it's free. It's called "DLMulsow's Cowboy Mustache in 4 Natural Colors".
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 6:32 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 1st Sep 2010 at 6:54 AM.
Thanks Simmy!
That would be perfect, but I think it is for Sims 2?
Yea, I lose the hook everytime I move it up to show the nostrils. I took a bit of a break from him... it was driving me CrAzY! Lol!
You give good advice, it's just hard to get or maybe the correct thing to say it that it takes ME awhile to get it sometimes, lol.

Okay, ...LOL!

I'm trying different masks...please let me know what you think.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 7:01 AM
SIDE VIEWS(tried to upload on prev. post, but wouldn't...so I'm uploading a new post.
Screenshots
Scholar
#31 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 12:19 PM
I think you definitely need a good mustache. Can I try make one for you?
Inventor
#32 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 12:47 PM
I think his eyecolor is a little too light, but apart from that he's looking really good!
Scholar
#33 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 12:59 PM
Hi!
I don't know if I made a really good mustache, but, if you wanna try, here it go.

It is in beards categrorie.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MJakincol_Mustache.zip (466.9 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 5:33 PM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 1st Sep 2010 at 9:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by monca533
I think you definitely need a good mustache. Can I try make one for you?

Oh monca! I would love it if you would! A big thank you! :lovestruc

Which face mask do you all like Peggy's, Flajko's or LFBum's...
they are all GREAT masks, but what looks better for him?

Okay, here is a quick update... will have more a little later.

See how this is looking ... will lhave more variations of this a little later. (have to let the dog out and do a couple of things and I will be back.)
Thanks again Monca!!! :D
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 12:24 AM
Thank you Monca! :lovestruc

Okay, I also added a pic that has a mustache from beards along with the one that monca made. Is it better with or without?

Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
I think his eyecolor is a little too light, but apart from that he's looking really good!

Thanks malfoya! See if this is better...

Screenshots
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#36 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 12:30 AM
I think his eyes are too tilted. They need to be more straight from corner to corner. Also, I think his mouth needs to be a little less wide. I am not sure if you changed his eye color, or have make up on him or something but he looks like he is wearing eyeshadow and mascara which is rather weird for Mr. Duvall! That mustache is really killing this project...grrr because otherwise he is looking really good. Maybe just leave him shaved if you can't find the right one.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#37 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:43 AM Last edited by monca533 : 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:49 AM.
So sorry Jak! I could'nt test the mustache ingame! It was horrible!!!!!

I made some improvements, if you still want test it.
Here a picture in TSRW:

Edit: here is the mustache file's:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MJakincol_Mustache.zip (453.5 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:46 AM
So sorry Jak! I could'nt test the mustache ingame! It was horrible!!!!!

I made some improvements, if you still want test it.
Here a picture in TSRW:

Hi... I was getting ready to post this update with the stubble from your package when I saw your post. I downloaded this but cannot find it. Will keep looking.

Okay, thought I made the eyes darker in the above post, but actually I just thought I did so here are the eyes darker also.

Oh, I did a remake of the eyes, please let me know what they need...thanks guys!
Screenshots
Scholar
#39 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:53 AM
I don't know but I think you have to come down the eyebrows a bit.

I put the mustache at the post #37. I hope this time it will be works!

There is a slider to the forehead, Did you tried it?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:56 AM
I don't know but I think you have to come down the eyebrows a bit.

I put the mustache at the post #37. I hope this time it will be works!

Lol, okay I will lower them a bit.
Yea, I d/l'd it but cant find it, let me try again.

Thanks Monca!
Scholar
#41 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JAKINCOL
Lol, okay I will lower them a bit.
Yea, I d/l'd it but cant find it, let me try again.

Thanks Monca!

PM me if you don't get it. Send your e mail and I'll send it for you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 4:11 AM
PM me if you don't get it. Send your e mail and I'll send it for you!

Okay, What I thought was your mustache wasn't yours at all.
So, yours should be in beards. The other one I found in lipstick. I have re downloaded and waiting for my game to come up.

I didn't see yours before in beards tho', but hopefully it is there now. It looks PERFECT to me!
Scholar
#43 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 4:37 AM
Well, I have to sleep now. I hope you can find and that the mustache can be usefull.
Scholar
#44 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 5:45 AM
Yikes! Sorry, I didn't notice that the items I recommended were for Sims 2! I think Monca533's lastest mustache looks great! Some people will like it better if you don't use a facemask, but if you feel you need to, Lady Frontbum's looks best to me. (All 3 make the eyes a little weird, it seems.) The eyes are looking better in the lastest post. They look good darker, but need a bit more blue. His nose looks spot on. Great work!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Yikes! Sorry, I didn't notice that the items I recommended were for Sims 2! I think Monca533's lastest mustache looks great! Some people will like it better if you don't use a facemask, but if you feel you need to, Lady Frontbum's looks best to me. (All 3 make the eyes a little weird, it seems.) The eyes are looking better in the lastest post. They look good darker, but need a bit more blue. His nose looks spot on. Great work!

Thanks Simmy!

Yes, Moncas mustache is GREAT, but I cannot get it to show up in my game. I even downloaded WA again hoping it would... she said it was base game, but it won't show up. I don't have Ambitions. I agree it would have been perfect. Should we just put some stubble on him? Or maybe put him on the back burner until I can find one for him.

I even checked TSR. I do have an account there. If I could have found one on there as a last resort I would have DL'd him there...so may just forget him for awhile. Really wanted to do him as the Lonesome Dove type character. Sim Realtor is making a Frontier days world, so I would like to make some characters for people interested in that type of world to use... and since I requested that she make it.

Here he is WITHOUT A FACE MASK...

Scholar
#46 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 12:26 PM Last edited by monca533 : 4th Sep 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Hi Jak!
I didn't make for the The Sims Resource site, I made in The Sims Resource Workshop program, because CTU is not able to make beards (not the version I have at all). You really don't need have no expansion packs to make the mustache appears in your game: I made it using the amBeardFull (from base game).

I would like another person to help us downloading the mustache and see if it shows in game, because in my game it works properly.

Edit: Can you try to make a test? Try to delete the mustache, redownload and put it into your mods/package folder. Before to pen the game, go to: Program files/EA games/The sims 3 WA and delete the four cas packages: compositorCache.package, SimcompositorCache.package, CASPartCache.package and scriptCache.package and open Thumbnails folder and delete all you'll see there.
Maybe it will be able to see the mustache.
Scholar
#47 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 6:31 AM
I'd have to see the pictures with and without face mask and model side by side to be able to tell which is better. Ultimately, of course, it will be your choice as to what you think looks best. I hope you can get the mustache to work! If you do what monca says above and it still doesn't work, I can try downloading it. (I think it should, though, after you follow the steps above.) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 3:37 PM
Hi Jak!
I didn't make for the The Sims Resource site, I made in The Sims Resource Workshop program, because CTU is not able to make beards (not the version I have at all). You really don't need have no expansion packs to make the mustache appears in your game: I made it using the amBeardFull (from base game).

I would like another person to help us downloading the mustache and see if it shows in game, because in my game it works properly.

Edit: Can you try to make a test? Try to delete the mustache, redownload and put it into your mods/package folder. Before to pen the game, go to: Program files/EA games/The sims 3 WA and delete the four cas packages: compositorCache.package, SimcompositorCache.package, CASPartCache.package and scriptCache.package and open Thumbnails folder and delete all you'll see there.
Maybe it will be able to see the mustache.

Hi Monca!

Okay, I deleted previous d/L. Re d/l'd and placed in pkg folder.
Now I have gone to prog files/ ea games/ the sims 3... but I don't see a WA folder. I do see the four cas packages. So, I will delete those. ( I have previously done all the above steps, except I didn't delete the scriptCache.package.) But will delete all four now.

Okay, tried everything above and I still can't get it.

Here is what I have in my beards catagory.

Here he is without face mask.
(Sorry, tried to get to all of this yesterday, but was tring to get ready for son's birthday party and upcoming baby shower for daughter.)

(okay, now I have to go and my my Chocolate Delight and a variation with Pictachio pudding) See you all a little later.
Screenshots
Scholar
#49 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 11:53 PM
OMG! Now I can undertand why it isn't appearing: I didn't selected the elders categorie!!! I'm definitely a big STUPID!!!!

So, so sorry! Jak!!!

Here is the file (now for elders)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MJakincol_Mustache.zip (453.5 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#50 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 3:54 AM
He looks good to me without the face mask. You might see what others think. I believe his eyes need to be a bit closer together, cheekbones up a little, and both lips a bit wider side to side. He's getting there! I can't wait to see the mustache.
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: useful sim-making info.
Page 2 of 4