Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Nature Haven _ A little victorian home

by Cocoli Posted 15th Sep 2010 at 10:44 PM - Updated 20th Sep 2010 at 11:09 AM by Cocoli

3 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 2:19 PM Last edited by StephSim : 24th Sep 2010 at 7:09 PM.
I just downloaded the unfurnished version.

For me, the furnished version having a singular colour scheme would drive me mad with wanting to paint and replace everything. I'm one of those people who believe each room should have a life of it's own and that colour is what brings a room to life. While I can imagine using one of the colours in every room, I can't imagine every room having the same colours. But, I know there are many people out there who love the idea of matching everything.

The house has a lot of character (as does your European lot) and I think furnishing it would be nice (so I'm glad you offered an unfurnished version). I also love how spacious it is and the layout.

Thanks for sharing this!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 7:37 PM
Hi !

Sorry for not responding earlier, I couldn't. I'm glad that you liked this house and thank you for downloading it and leaving a comment.

I understand your point of view about the colour scheme even if I don't agree with you. I'm one of those people who likes matching colours everywhere. I don't really mind if a house that I want to download doesn't have matching colours but in this case I will try and download an unfurnished version of it if I can. If not, I will download it but generally I will unfurnish it myself. When I say "colour scheme" it doesn't necessarily mean exactly the same colours everywhere, like I did in this house, but it's more about the same range of colours.

The thing that I don't like and that I tried to avoid at all costs is the mixing of different styles. (I don't really know if it's the right word...) For exemple : A moroccan couch in the classic victorian house.

Any way thank you very much for downloading and I hope that you'lll have fun furnishing this house and playing with it.

Happy simming !
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 11:07 PM Last edited by StephSim : 25th Sep 2010 at 11:44 PM.
We are so opposites in our design concepts. I'm not so much into period matching either...not in real life. I love to mix and match things in a way that works and is pleasing to the eyes. I guess I would call it Stylish Ecclectic. It's actually not an easy style to make look good I'm afraid as what some people call "ecclectic" I call gaudy, mix-matched and sometimes just plain cluttered. I don't mind overlapping period or style pieces, colours, etc. but it has to work together. I like complimentary colours, but I also like colours that are on opposite ends of a colour spectrum. I guess for me it's all about the way a house speaks to me. If I start with furniture, then the house takes on a totally different design.

At any rate...thanks for responding to my comment and also for sharing BOTH versions of the house. I shall thoroughly enjoy the unfurnished version I downloaded and making it my own. Thank you again for the lot. I shall leave you in peace now.
~*~Stephanie~*~