Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Oldfashioned Radio UPDATE

by xanathon Posted 31st Jan 2005 at 3:53 PM - Updated 5th Nov 2008 at 11:26 PM by Canoodle

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Banned
#2 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xanathon
Hi Folks!

Another new object, I created. I'm a little bit unshure, what the mesh-subforum is about, since all new meshes are posted here, but since no one seems to be complaining, I will post my objects here, too. If that is wrong, please drop me a note, dear admins... :o)

Okay, now to the object: An oldfashioned radio based on the boombox, designed for nostalic furnishings, where modern hifi equipment would be a break of style. Comes with catalog-files in both english and german.

Have fun! :D

cool I came home for olunch and saw this I will test after school
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:06 PM
Good idea and nice execution. Looking forward to testing. Keep up the good work!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:15 PM
This looks so cool - thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:17 PM
lovely jublee, it looks really cool.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:17 PM
this is so neat! i've always wanted one of these. i've got a bunch of old electronic equipment given to us by my husband's uncle. can you imagine - we still have an 8-track player *and* a reel-to-reel? thanks for this!
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:17 PM
radio's
Hi Folks!

Another new object, I created. I'm a little bit unshure, what the mesh-subforum is about, since all new meshes are posted here, but since no one seems to be complaining, I will post my objects here, too. If that is wrong, please drop me a note, dear admins... :o)

Okay, now to the object: An oldfashioned radio based on the boombox, designed for nostalic furnishings, where modern hifi equipment would be a break of style. Comes with catalog-files in both english and german.

Have fun! :D

Great job on the old fashioned radio! Keep up the good work! Could you also create jukeboxes like the one in sims1? :mrpantha:
#8 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 5:23 PM
Gorgeous work, thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 5:31 PM
Great, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 5:39 PM
Wow ! What a beautifull idea... I'm going to test it in my french game and I'll return to tell how it's work
"See you" later
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mijolletta
Wow ! What a beautifull idea... I'm going to test it in my french game and I'll return to tell how it's work
"See you" later

I am sure that the original catalog-entry of the boombox will appear in your game. If you could provide me with a french translation if will include it in the file.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 6:10 PM
I am sure that the original catalog-entry of the boombox will appear in your game. If you could provide me with a french translation if will include it in the file.

You are right ! It works perfectly and I adore this new object you create ! Please, receive my best thanks !
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 6:57 PM
Thanks for this. It'll look great in the recreation room of my senior citizens home
#14 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 7:02 PM
Great Job!
:howdy:
You did a great job here. I look forward to trying this out in my game....Perfect!
LA
:jig: :jig:
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 7:42 PM
This looks amazing! Great job. And it will be so useful with the victorian style houses, just like you said, where hifi would be a break of style. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 7:43 PM
This is So LOVELY!! Thank you!

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 7:49 PM
The new mesh forum is for body meshes. The object forum is for things like this. Great work!
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 8:27 PM
zip? I would really apperciate it
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kLINXoXo
zip? I would really apperciate it

Nope. It makes no sense to upload every file as rar and zip, that only uses unnecessary space on the server. Download WinRAR at www.rarlab.com and have a look at the tutorial here

happy simming,
Xanathon

.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 4:35 PM
I posted this in wishlist but then decided it made more sense to ask you directly since I wasn't sure you read that forum. I was hoping for an old console tv like this one but without the doors and colored to match your radio. It would be so great. Please?
Attached Images

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 4:45 PM
Very nostalgic, and will bring a nice touch to any room. Thanks....
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 11:13 PM
plaidsquirrel: I yet have to tackle how to get a face in an object to show the animations seen in sims2 TV-sets. The thought occured to me to do something like that, but I have to do further research.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 11:19 PM
Default catalog-file translations
I guess, that some of us here use their sims2 in other languages than german or english. I am able to provide catalog-descriptions in those two languages but am not able to give other translations. So, if you want those for my objects, please feel free to translate and I will include those in future releases of my objects! ATM I'm not in front of my own computer, but tomorrow i will post the english phrases for my radio here and if anyone translates them in other languages, i will include those in the catalog-file of my object (and repost)!

Maybe this could be adapted by other ppl providing new conent, too?

happy simming,
Xanathon

Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 6:19 PM
Wonderful I downloaded some retro furnishings and posters and such recently and thought at the time how out of place a modern stereo looked. So thanks bunches for making this!. OOh OOH can you maybe make one styled more like an old shortwave radio? Like the one Dex uses in "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" My dad has one exactly like that one same brand and everything unfortunately for some reason I am blanking on the brand name...*sigh* anyway just a thought rambling as it was.
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:00 PM
Thanks for responding. I can wait patiently. Plus I got a chance to play last night and your radio works great and looks really good in my game. Thanks a lot!
Page 1 of 3