Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 7594 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 9:02 PM
Default My last name changed
Well, after installing WA the other day I'm having fun playing it and still getting used to all the new things, and to the weird ones too. Like... why, if I break up with my french boyfriend in France, I have to break up with him in Twinbrook too to be "free"? Or... why every time my sim goes back to any country she gets depressed two whole days because some old man died? I don't know who he was.

But the last one is the silliest, and because of that the most anoying. The last name of my sim is Lake. I went to Egypt, well, my sim is in Egypt right now and her las name changed (I don't know how) to Hawas (which happens to be the last name of one of her egyptian friends). One thing I can easily fix when I come back from Egypt but it pisses me off.
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 11:33 PM
Get AwesomeMod or enjoy your bugs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 10:34 AM
Why do you want to break up in France? I know the Hawas, but that is a bug. Pescado had mentioned to get his Awesome mod or you can try with Twallan's MasterController or you can live and die with the bug for the rest of your (sims) life.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 12:36 PM
Twallan's Controller may be able to partially repair some of the damage, but is not able to prevent it from happening, as this is a deep core issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 1:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatosan
Why do you want to break up in France?


Well... I went to pay him a visit and found that he had a roonmate who I liked more than him, so I broke up. Something really... normal.

I know I should install Awesome mod to fix that but I think I'm just to lazy. I don't want to "take care" of a core mod just because of some stupid bugs (I don't want any other awesome feature). Just why not the game works fine on its own... I'll install it... someday... soon... maybe.
Inventor
#6 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 9:22 PM
By any chance do you have the attractive lifetime reward?With that you sims automatically become friends with whomever she came in contact with,and in this case the old man who probably died of old age
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 10:14 PM
No, her lifetime wish is the firefighter super hero and her social traits are flirty and good. I've travelled 2 times to China and Egypt and 3 to France and the heart broken moodlet for witnessing death was at the second trip to France an Egypt, but I don't think that's important. It must be a bug and everytime she goes to a country where someone died, she's going to get depressed.

In the third trip to France I found a homeless teenage girl who has my (old) last name (my sim is married now). I thought it was the same that happened before with the Hawas change, but it's not. She has the family icon and it says she is my daughter (but she doesn't appear in my family tree) ... One more bug? But this is kind of cool. Now it looks like one of those stories where an illegitimate child appears of nowhere saying "I'm your lost child" but it's all fake.
Inventor
#8 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 10:26 PM
Not lifetime wish,lifetime reward .There's a special tab for purchacing them with lifetime happiness.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 12:00 AM
Ok, it's true, you said reward. I read it wrong

Yes, she have it. But she never met those men before, I think. I don't remember meeting any old man in the first trips, but maybe they became elders while I wasn't there... I'm sure that she didn't make any friends in those first trips, and she didn't have any reward yet. I don't know about the second ones.

Anyway she arrived with the witnessing death moodlet but she never saw them dying.
Inventor
#10 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 3:39 AM
As long as a sim passes near your sim they will automatically become their good friend,even though you didn't see it .As for your second part,i have no clue of that
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 11:24 AM
Change you traits and get Lucky traits. I don't meant to be rude but she does needs to get her eye check. The only I feared with death is in France. Why? Because there's no Mausoleum. Should anything happens during traveling to France, I'm doomed. I test out with fake death and apparently the 4 room in the Graveyard gone nuts. The chest was missing and I can't find the tombstone. But luckily I did have had a backup plan and all back to day 1 in Champ Le Sims. Day 1 or screwed up. I choose day 1.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 12:18 PM Last edited by Patry. : 13th Sep 2010 at 12:39 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielorie
As long as a sim passes near your sim they will automatically become their good friend,even though you didn't see it


Really? Is that true? I always pick that reward and never noticed it before.
When you say "even though you didn't see it", do you mean that they don't appear in my list of relationships?


I'm sorry, Hatosan, my english may be worst than I thought, but I didn't understood what you said. Just something like it's no good if my sim dies in France. Ok, I'll remember that, but I don't know how is this thing related to the other... (maybe that's why I didn't understood).

Edit: I was searching for a post of where to find a mummy, but I found this one instead: http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=388955 . So it's not because of the reward and just a bug as I thought (as well as the fake child one). I really need to make an effort and install awesome mod.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#13 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 4:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patry.
Anyway she arrived with the witnessing death moodlet but she never saw them dying.
Another problem caused by not having AwesomeMod: The game will marry your sim to that random dead person and then kill that sim in front of them, causing them to have that moodlet. AwesomeMod fixes this so that it won't marry your sim off to a random person and thus won't then result in your sim being horrified at the death of someone it doesn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielorie
As long as a sim passes near your sim they will automatically become their good friend,even though you didn't see it .As for your second part,i have no clue of that
This is a not-trueity.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 6:48 PM
Well, I found one more thing in my game that really really made me want to install awesome mod. The people from other countries disappear from my relationships list. One more known bug as I read in other post (I'm getting all of them, how fun). So, I read all the manual, downloaded awesome mod and the configuration package (the way I wanted it), removed all the mods that I have which could cause trouble, installed it... And I found two things, it doesn't fix the desappearing relationships bug "per se" (may be just prevent it from happening...?), and my game crashes. So, untill I find why, I'll have to keep my bugs...

Ah! One question. Does awesome mod include the no-green-hair mod too? I didn't read anything about it so I think the answer is no, and because of that I suppose that they can coexist... Am I wrong? Well, anyway I've tried with and without it.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#15 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 7:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patry.
Well, I found one more thing in my game that really really made me want to install awesome mod. The people from other countries disappear from my relationships list.

People from other countries can "disappear" from your relations list because relationships that decay to zero are cleaned up as memory gunk, unlike TS2, where every relationship ever made was retained forever, resulting in wasted memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patry.
And I found two things, it doesn't fix the desappearing relationships bug "per se" (may be just prevent it from happening...?), and my game crashes.
I haven't seen any reports of that from anyone else. Perhaps the crashing is unrelated. Does EVERYTHING crash, and have you installed the right patches? Trying to run with incompatible patch levels results in crashing and errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patry.
Ah! One question. Does awesome mod include the no-green-hair mod too?
No, but nothing prevents you from using both, since I don't release things that aren't compatible with each other. If I made things that didn't work with my other things, it would be impossible to boot the game!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 9:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. M. Pescado
People from other countries can "disappear" from your relations list because relationships that decay to zero are cleaned up as memory gunk, unlike TS2, where every relationship ever made was retained forever, resulting in wasted memory.


Yes, I know that, but what happens is what it's said here: http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379170

In the last post they talk about a patch probably fixed it but I don't think so. When I installed WA I had to reinstall. First unistalled and deleted everything and then installed and patched one by one to the latest patch. So in my launcher says TS3 v. 1.15.34, WA v. 2.10.5, AMB v. 4.3.4.

I think I saw other thread talking about this too, but I can find it now. My eyes are tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. M. Pescado
I haven't seen any reports of that from anyone else. Perhaps the crashing is unrelated. Does EVERYTHING crash, and have you installed the right patches? Trying to run with incompatible patch levels results in crashing and errors.


Since the last installation my game never crashed, not even once. With awesome mod installed it crashes in 5/10 minutes without any warning (it doesn't freeze or anything). I don't understand what "EVERYTHING" means, but I'm playing normally and then the window just disappears. I tried three times removing diferent mods, but I don't know, I don't have any core mod.

Tomorrow I'll try without the CC and just awesome mod installed... I haven't made a thorough research to find the cause yet.
Back to top