Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Skyline Highway

by triciamanly Posted 20th Sep 2010 at 3:34 PM

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 1:28 AM
Funny thing is, there's a place called Skyline Highway in my area. Saturday morning my teacher's mom got in a bad car crash there O.o
Anyways, as always I love the house! Really nice! Thanks!

ENTJ
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 2:04 AM
Lavaster, I hate to hear about your teacher's mom. I sure hope she recovers soon. I had originally named my lot Skyline Road, but had to resave it after Clean Installer showed there was cc in the lot which actually wasn't there, so I named it Skyline Highway. I've never heard of it before, but if there's one thing I've learned, if I thought of it, many others thought of it before me! Thank you for your comment, and I'm so glad you like the house!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 3:14 AM
Thank you yet again for such an architecturally beautiful home! You truly get more and more creative, Tricia and we all benefit from it. HUGE kudos to you, sweetie. You're my hero!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 5:53 PM
I adore modern houses! Your's is no exception~ <3
Thank you for sharing =)
Alchemist
#6 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 9:40 PM
Love the interesting rooflines and adore the steps to the front door! As usual perfect furniture placement as well!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Inventor
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 1:46 AM
I cannot build a sims 2 house to save my life,and the best thing is...Base game and no CC,its really hard to find an attractive house without longs lists of CC thank you :lovestruc
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 3:28 AM
Dear friends, thank you so much for your comments! Nothing is more inspiring!
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 1:56 PM
Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 3:24 PM
Beautiful as always! I really like the look of the exterior and the stairs leading up to the front door, Well done!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 10:35 AM
I had a long time to come and have a look around the Sims 2 pages... WOW, I am happy I did to discover this gorgeous and so adorable house.

I love it tons, thanks for sharing my dear pal
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 11:35 PM
Dear triciamanly,

Thank you for uploading this house. With your all ready granted permission, i will use this house in my video and give a link.

From Rachel
P.S Do you like my signature?

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 2:40 PM
I love your signature! We have lots of wild bunnies running around in our desert neighborhood! Thank you so much for your comments, Rachel!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 3:07 AM
Ah, the outrageously but all so thrilling style of an modern styled home. What more could a Sim want than a nice fancy modern home with a garage to park their newly acquired Porsche inside, (I'll have to edit that garage though, considering I prefer functional garages rather than just decorative ones) a personal jacuzzi and a family of five! ... Yeah, anyways you get the point. Thank you for the creating this amazing home!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 1:41 PM
Munchiez, Yes, I always hope sims will customize and improve on simple base game properties! I really appreciate your comment!
Link Ninja
#16 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:00 AM
I am back with another house story (and pics !)

This Skyline house was a great fit for a newly graduated couple named Jimmy and Coraline Phoenix two years ago. Coraline had a degree in art and Jimmy had a degree in political science. They hate moving so they aimed for a house they could grow into and in more ways than one! The balcony that the kitchen led out to was remodeled into an indoor greenhouse so Coraline could cultivate fresh veggies and fruits year round. They had an issue with strays coming up from the garage area and loitering in their kitchen so they also added a gated off area down in the car port to keep strays out of the house. Speaking of the kitchen, they opted to tear down part of the wall and create an open window of sorts so someone in the kitchen could communicate with someone in the dining room more easily.

The top floor became Jimmy's 'man cave' where he could work on new law cases and sometime throw a few punches to a punching bag or even shred on his college guitar. Coraline also established a small studio to do paintings in the room next to the master bedroom.

They had two daughters who shared the second bedroom on the second floor. They also decided to adopt a manx kitty, a wormrat, and some fish so the house was lively with animals.

Once their daughters graduated and moved out, Coraline turned that room into a photography studio. In fact her younger daughter came by recently with her fiance and got engagement photos taken by Coraline.

Both are still in the workforce and haven't gone completely gray but are settling down for some well-deserved peace in their golden years.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:27 PM
Charmful, your Sims are so lucky that you stick with them and actually give them lives! (I have a terrible habit of mixing reality and fancy.) I loved seeing what you did with the house and am so thrilled that you could enjoy playing with it. Some people knit and crochet, I build Sims lots! Thanks so much for the wonderful update!

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:24 PM
Thanks! I like building form time to time, especially community lots and apartments but it's members like you who create wonderful houses I that are there waiting to be occupied by sims that I am ready to play, so thanks! I have more updates but I want to get pictures together for visuals because sometimes I do re-decorate or remodel in places that originally made. I have at least two more houses of yours that have been in play for two years and have gained a substantial family history. My neighborhood is from 2007 and I didn't start downloading houses until 2010-ish so the really old generations all live in the houses I made but some of their kids and grand kids have branched out into your homes
Alchemist
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 6:37 PM
[QUOTE=Charmful]Thanks! I like building form time to time, especially community lots and apartments but it's members like you who create wonderful houses I that are there waiting to be occupied by sims that I am ready to play, so thanks! I have more updates but I want to get pictures together for visuals because sometimes I do re-decorate or remodel in places that originally made. I have at least two more houses of yours that have been in play for two years and have gained a substantial family history. My neighborhood is from 2007 and I didn't start downloading houses until 2010-ish so the really old generations all live in the houses I made but some of their kids and grand kids have branched out into your homes [/QUOTE

what a wonderful comment! when i start to feel guilty about spending my free time on sim houses, ill say to myself, charmful needs me!,

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 10:59 PM
Thank You!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st May 2017 at 11:47 PM
Thank you