Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 6:03 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 4th Oct 2010 at 8:55 AM.
Default Denzel Washington
Okay, back to Denzel... while I'm waiting on suggestions on Little House sims.

I really believe we can get him there now... at least I hope so.
Hope you all will please jump in with your tips and suggestions.
Would really appreciate it.
I will put him in game shortly.

Okay, here he is in game. I took some of the width out of his nose and put fullness back in the jaw line width (slider)... chin area.

...Update...

Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 8:48 PM

I could really use some feedback on Denzel and the Little House sims, pleaaaaaase.

Screenshots

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Thanks! I don't always succeed but will give it my best.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 9:20 PM
Some of the biggest differences I see are the color of his skin and eyes. Both should be darker...his eyes are practically black. His nose bridge area should be less defined. I think if there was a way to make the shadows lighter, it would be fine. Shape of the nose looks really good though.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 9:32 PM Last edited by buitefr1 : 4th Oct 2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: double scentence in text
Let me try. But you have a real difficult project here.
The most important thing is you used a pic of him where he is very young and one of him much older. Maybe just choose one?
The skincolour you used in the beginning is better than the last one.
Eyecolour must be darker. Or are you doing so to have a better view of his features?
Underlip must be a bit fuller
Eyes need to come a tiny bit closer to another
Also a bit larger
Also something about his nose, but here my knowledge of English let me down. Maybe somebody else who can comment on the top half of the nose?
Success and I hope others will comment too.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
Some of the biggest differences I see are the color of his skin and eyes. Both should be darker...his eyes are practically black. His nose bridge area should be less defined. I think if there was a way to make the shadows lighter, it would be fine. Shape of the nose looks really good though.

Thanks Heaven! Yea, I think I lightened him so I could better see his chin area and jawline and forgot to darken him again.
Same with the eyes, I can't put them that dark until I get their shape right. >lol, my eyesight is not what it once was, I'm sad to say.

I removed
Nose contour and Tired eyes make up for Defined noses and realistic eyes! by Arisuka
makeup, so the shadows should be better now.

Getting ready to post an update.

Thanks for the feedback, it seems hard to come by these last few days.

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by buitefr1
Let me try. But you have a real difficult project here.
The most important thing is you used a pic of him where he is very young and one of him much older. Maybe just choose one?
The skincolour you used in the beginning is better than the last one.
Eyecolour must be darker. Or are you doing so to have a better view of his features?
Underlip must be a bit fuller
Eyes need to come a tiny bit closer to another
Also a bit larger
Also something about his nose, but here my knowledge of English let me down. Maybe somebody else who can comment on the top half of the nose?
Success and I hope others will comment too.

Thanks buitefr1!
Appreciate the feedback, please stop by my other threads also...pleeeeeeease.

Darkened skin and eye color. Scaled the chin up a bit, but thats a hard one in trying to keep his side profile correct.
Moved eyes closer together and enlarged them a bit.
Yea, the top half of the nose... I have such a hard time when the bridge is low. Just can't seem to get it right. Not sure if the lack of sliders for that area make it hard or if it is just me...I played with it some see how it looks now.

I know there is quite a bit of age difference in the two pics, but it is very hard to find one that is clear on his jawline. Most are not in the right position or have so many shadows that I cannot see it clearly, same with his chin. This one is... so I would like to get the basic part of his jaw and chin areas and then I will replace the younger pic with the second pic...this one is nice too.

Thanks again for the feedback, hope you will check out my other threads also... I would be grateful!
Screenshots

Scholar
#7 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 2:39 AM
Great start! I think you have the nose shape and jaw shape pretty close. The chin is a little long and, I think, you need to indent the nasal bridge more and/or raise it up to right below the inner corners of his eyes. I agree with the above post about the eyes being closer together. Cheekbones need to go up a bit, too.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 2:44 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 5th Oct 2010 at 3:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Great start! I think you have the nose shape and jaw shape pretty close. The chin is a little long and, I think, you need to indent the nasal bridge more and/or raise it up to right below the inner corners of his eyes. I agree with the above post about the eyes being closer together. Cheekbones need to go up a bit, too.

Hi Simmy, do the eyes need to be closer still? I moved them closer... do they need to move a little more?
Thanks Simmy!

Update!

Screenshots

Scholar
#9 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 3:06 AM
If you look at the straight on B&W photo, I think they still need to come a bit closer together. You're making great progress!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
If you look at the straight on B&W photo, I think they still need to come a bit closer together. You're making great progress!

Thanks Simmy, moved them closer in the above post. See how that looks.
Thanks so much for the feedback. I hope you'll post feedback in the Little House sims, threads.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 11:24 PM
My tip for the day: measure the length of one eye and look if the distance between the inner eyecorners is more or less than one eye-distance. (learned this at my drawinglessons way back at artschool). In this case put the eyes a tiny bit closer to each other.
Tilt the outer eyecorners a teeny weeny bit down. Just a tick. In comparison to some pictures the lower lip needs to be thicker.
I think he is coming along for a great deal. But I still think you need to pick one age, because especially the chinline changes as people grow older.
Success, and maybe comment on my work in progress too? It will be highly appreciated.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:20 AM
Thanks buiterfr1!
Yes, if we are through with the jawline then we can make the decision on which pic to get rid of ... but that particular pic is the "only" one I could find with a clear jawline. If the jawline is right... when WE can decide on whether we want him as an adult or a young adult. What would you all prefer?

Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:44 AM
I think he needs to be a little darker still, he's too creamy colored. I think his bottom lip needs to be a little bigger too, kind of puckery? It's like I see details, the nose looks good but there's something off still?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rawrimavampirehater
I think he needs to be a little darker still, he's too creamy colored. I think his bottom lip needs to be a little bigger too, kind of puckery? It's like I see details, the nose looks good but there's something off still?

Thanks rawrimavampirehater!

I will see if I can darken him ... and still see his features enough to work on him, that might have to wait until then end... my eyes aren't what they use to be, lol.

With the nose, to get the indentation it seems that the height of the bridge needs to be up high, when you bring it down as his is... it's just not the same...but I will keep trying to see what I can do. Will make his bottom lip bigger.
Thanks so much for the feedback, it is appreciated very much. :lovestruc
Will lpost an update shortly.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 3:00 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 6th Oct 2010 at 3:23 AM.
My tip for the day: measure the length of one eye and look if the distance between the inner eyecorners is more or less than one eye-distance. (learned this at my drawinglessons way back at artschool). In this case put the eyes a tiny bit closer to each other.
Tilt the outer eyecorners a teeny weeny bit down. Just a tick. In comparison to some pictures the lower lip needs to be thicker.
I think he is coming along for a great deal. But I still think you need to pick one age, because especially the chinline changes as people grow older.
Success, and maybe comment on my work in progress too? It will be highly appreciated.

Thanks buiterfr1!
Moved eyes closer together. Brought outer corners of the eye down. Thickened bottom lip. Moved out the younger pic, if we need to refer to the jaw, I will have to bring him back, as I have said ... the rest are like the pic we are now looking at, too many shadows to see the jaw/chin well.

Thanks for all of the feedback it is appreciated!

Tweaked jaw height and nose.

Hummm, I personally think he is tooooo dark, but if you all think not... then we will leave him as is.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:44 PM
hi Jakincol,
I´m looking and scrolling up and down to see the alterations. The parts maybe right, but the total look isn´t just him yet. I´m not sure about the cause. Just an experiment I would do is make his hair and eyebrows black and his skintone darker, more like plain coffee and show us the result (maybe I´m utterly wrong, but in this stadium I cann´t think of an other solution)
Then there is a problem with the hair being totally different in scalpline (sorry I´m not sure how to name this, English is not my mothertongue) Though I don´t have a solution for this other than you create or alter a hair for yourself.
I hope this helps you along,
grtz Fran
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 5:47 PM
hi Jakincol,
I´m looking and scrolling up and down to see the alterations. The parts maybe right, but the total look isn´t just him yet. I´m not sure about the cause. Just an experiment I would do is make his hair and eyebrows black and his skintone darker, more like plain coffee and show us the result (maybe I´m utterly wrong, but in this stadium I cann´t think of an other solution)
Then there is a problem with the hair being totally different in scalpline (sorry I´m not sure how to name this, English is not my mothertongue) Though I don´t have a solution for this other than you create or alter a hair for yourself.
I hope this helps you along,
grtz Fran

Thanks buitefr1 !

SKin and hair are as dark as they can get. There was only a couple of clicks left on each one.
I cannot make CC. If I could "I would"...
I personally don't think everything has to be exact. I am looking for the essence of the character, not always an exact replica of a picture... because sometimes they way they look in a pic has a lot to do with shading, etc. For instance... eyes, many times the celebrity can have light blue eyes, but they can look black in a picture...therefore, I want to stray away from the pic and give them the eye color as close as I can get it to the real color of their eyes, etc. It may look right in one pic from the front but when you look at the profile it is off...but I will agree I am not seeing him like I want to either. I think one of these two hairs is fine since I have seen him in both... so I don't think that is the problem. I'm just going to have to keep working with him and looking at different pictures to try and get him there.
Thanks for the feedback, appreciate all the help.

Different hairstyle, can't get him any darker than this, he is all the way up the scale.

Here is a pic of him without hair... although I personally don't want to go for this look. He looks much sexier and more handsome with hair. This man is soooooo good looking!
I hope I can get him there. I gave up once, not ready to this time, at least not yet.

Screenshots

Scholar
#18 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 1:16 AM
I don't know if it will help you but I got some Denzel's pics.

I think you have to change the brows, because the current ones can not be more darken.

What do you think to try these? I think the last one should looking good on him.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monca533
I don't know if it will help you but I got some Denzel's pics.

I think you have to change the brows, because the current ones can not be more darken.

What do you think to try these? I think the last one should looking good on him.

LOL, sorry Monca. Those can be darkened and the one you suggested are the ones he is wearing. I must have pulled the wrong screenshot. I noticed they were lighter when I darkened his skin. I will make sure they are darkened before the next update.

Forum Resident
#20 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 4:27 PM
Hi J, I think you need to stick with one picture, as it is getting confusing. It's his eyes. Play with the the eye sliders until you get almost a hang dog, sad look. The lower lid needs to be more shaped like a saucer. Also, his nose shape is great but make his nose bridge a tinch narrower. Eyebrows need to be much darker. but it depends on whether you are going for a youthful DW or older. You have chose a hard one coz his eyes are not the same shape and that is pretty much is trademark.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 12:25 AM
Okay see if this is headed in a better direction.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Screenshots

Scholar
#22 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 2:59 AM
I think you have to find a "point" between the top and bottom pictures. Other than that, I think the top is as near him.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#23 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 3:42 AM
I think the inside of his eyes needs to come to more of point. Definitely agree with monca about his skin color. Darker than the first, but a lot lighter than the second. You're definitely getting there though!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
#24 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 3:51 AM
His nose would determine pretty much everything. Try to rotate it way up, the increase nose tip depth, decrease nose length and see how it goes.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 5:16 AM
Thanks Heaven!
Thanks Dutch!

I rotated the inner eye corners down

... and tried the nose depth suggestion...willl post results.

Screenshots

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Useful Sim-making information.
Page 1 of 2