Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 14248 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 4:25 AM
Default Sims 3 Muscle def. by working out ?????
I just got the new patch for sims 3. It says you can have muscle def. but is it possible to have your current sims gain it by working out PLEASE ANSWER would really help!!!!!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 4:58 AM
I assume that you can gain it via working out, however, the new muscle definitions don't appear to be working on custom skins. We'll need to wait for someone to fix that.

Anyways, I think you should be able to apply them to whatever level anytime by cheating and going into CAS or using a debug tool but I haven't looked through them yet. On that topic (debug), there are some very interesting options there now
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 5:04 AM
It works on custom skins in my experience. But it does glitch out for me when I change hairstyles?
Instructor
#4 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:32 AM
It works on my default replacement custom skins(I use HP's skins that you can download here). I haven't noticed it glitching when I change hairstyles, but I only use it on a very low setting(I don't have bodybuilder sims...I just want a slight bit of definition to separate out the sims who actually work out from the sims who don't at all), so maybe it does and I just haven't noticed.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:37 AM
It definitely works fine on default replacement skins, but probably not on at least custom skins. But custom skins are kind of wonky since the patch anyway - probably best to not use 'em for now.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:57 PM
Thank you for answering i'll get rid off my peggy skins and uses EA's.

PS: I'll try making my sims work out and see if it works
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#7 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 2:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullJune
I just got the new patch for sims 3. It says you can have muscle def. but is it possible to have your current sims gain it by working out PLEASE ANSWER would really help!!!!!!
Answer: No, I cannot find any evidence that the system for how sims gain muscleness has changed. This means that the results look thoroughly ludicrous if your sim becomes morbidly obese, and that your sim will never gain beefiness no matter how much he works out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. M. Pescado
Answer: No, I cannot find any evidence that the system for how sims gain muscleness has changed. This means that the results look thoroughly ludicrous if your sim becomes morbidly obese, and that your sim will never gain beefiness no matter how much he works out.

I made a sim in CAS, both fatness and muscle definition set to highest, and the results were indeed very unnatural looking.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 7:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullJune
Thank you for answering i'll get rid off my peggy skins and uses EA's.

PS: I'll try making my sims work out and see if it works

it doesn't work for me(i think)...
i have a sim created in ambition then i used it in Late night. my sim is an athlete i made him work out everyday until pump up and already completed the strength challenge... his muscle is big but there is no sign of muscle def. i also use the body sculptor but still no change in muscle def. no 6 pack, no bicep cuts. i can't tell if there is real progress in muscle def. because i'm only relaying on what i saw. then i created a new sim no fat, no muscle mass, but max in muscle def. he looks weird also . im going to make him eat alot until stuff and see if he will loose his muscle def.gonna make him fat but no muscle < im so evil
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 9:19 PM
SOLVED!!????
http://www.modthesims.info/download...t=1#post3841028
This mod was just made by Consort and may have bugs in it