Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by somethingelse
gosh the surlyness...
that'll teach a person to ask for feedback both positive and neg.

i'll probally try it, it is kinda tough, i've never had luck with private schools. and secret societys? OMG that was a sad and disheartning experience. one of the sorority girls likes the sim i tried... of course it never helps that i cant remember which is the girl one and the boy one, so i call the wrong ones...

i mean, parts of it are easy, but some of it really isnt just skittles and pie.

W-WHAT!? Teach me to ask for positive, and negative feedback!? Negative feedback is vary helpful, and if you can't take it you shouldn't ask for it! Why, what's the point in asking for feedback if you're not going to reply to it!? Well...thanks for trying my challenge I guess.

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 8:09 PM
If you're not interested in this challenge, I've got a new one out called The Wonderlands Challenge. So far nobody has said anything about though.

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 9:43 PM
i'll go check it out, but if it's complicated i'll get lost.

the whole "that'll teach you..." thing
total sarcasm, i think it's great you want the pos and the neg feedback.

best way to learn how to do things right, is to REALLY mess them up the first time. ok maybe not, but it IS a way that works, in real life anyway...
i'm just babbling now
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 11:38 PM
Oh...sorry I'm really bad about picking up on sarcasm, Somethingelse. Well sorry for misunderstanding, maybe I am a tad bit...surly, I can't understand sarcasm in the real world, much less the Internet.

Field Researcher
#30 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 4:27 AM
it's totally ok, i was actually saying that i thought some folk were being kinda surly towards you.

but yeah, sarcasm doesnt translate well over the interwebs hardly ever.

considering how many people i know who cant play without cheats at all, (i dont motherlode, if i NEED money i kaching, i feel less cheaty that way i dont know why, i call it an extra handout and make them do something they hate or something) i really dont think the concept of the chalenge was all that bad at all

the second a game is made anymore someone starts figuring out cheats for it, and "who are we cheating"? i'd have to say no one really. not if we're having fun.

i have a few families i did motherlode into fantastic houses, i have some i started dirt poor, bought them a lot, and trees, maybe an orchard tree or 2, no house and made them bust their butt for what they have now.

i couldnt tell you which was more fun, cause they're all fun for different reasons

as i said, i dont think this is "far too easy"

i have a child sim with an older sister in uni. if i skip the toddler part could i use her? just to give an official shot at a challenge a try? cause i dont remember if i cheated her at all durring toddlerhood, but if i note it on her bio i can probally not cheat her again
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 5:59 PM
Obviously, this can be much improved. If I may:

The ultimate Renaissance-sim.
Sim must be female.
Start her off as Knowledge.
Extra credit: start her off in college and be invited into the secret society, the Tri-Var Sorority and have her be the big sim on campus. she must graduate GPA4.0 ofc.
Sim must start with the simoleans granted by the game at the start. Move her into a house she can afford or build one yourself.
Roll dice each start of the day; if a six is rolled, she'll have a romantic evening with a male-sim love-interest. All her woo-hoos must be 'try for baby' or on modded-items that have a risky woo-hoo option. Kids must be raised full term, no sending to college on the first teenage-day.
She can marry, but her spouse must live on free-will and cannot be controlled. (dead-beat husband)
Kids must be raised to have good memories. Social worker is game-over.
Bills must be paid. Repo-man is game-over.
Here goes:
Reach the top of every career,
Get all gold talent badges.
Get all skills.
Get all business perks you can get.
Get all LTW. Meaning you'll have to use the aspiration-changer. Work clockwise from Knowledge.
Get a magic lamp from the gipsy.
Get abducted by Aliens (even if you're female, it's the experience, man, the experience!!)
Collect every piece of furniture, decoration, all Maxis cars including two free-time wrecks, one restored and one still a wreck.
Write at least 50 books and have at least 10 of them betsellers.
Paint at least 50 paintings and have at least 10 masterpieces.
Create every piece of Maxis clothing on the sowing machine, and I mean every.
Do activities that can kill your sim:
Stand outside in a thunderstorm.
Gaze at the clouds or the stars without a telescope.
There are more activities ofc, but these I can think of right now.
Go on all vacations and collect every vacation memento and do everything that can be done on vacations.
Have all service-sims working on your lot at once, including the repairman.
Have at least 50 dreamdates on public lots and at least 50 at home.
Have at least 50 parties.
Raise 50 puppies or kittens and sell them to your friends or in a possible petstore-at-home.
Become a witch and be every alignment at least for five days, or when in college, every allignment for a complete study-year.
Get fired from your jobs by letting the flip of a coin decide your chance-card answer. Never ignore!
Do everything else that you can do but what I didn't mention.

You win if you have done everything and have a million in hard simoleans in the bank. Congratulations, you have arrived at the ultimate renaissance-sim!
You lose if you:
Turn elder.
Die of any reason.
Repo-man comes.
Social worker comes.
Scholar
#32 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 8:18 PM
I find The Sims to be easy as it is. There are no real consequences in the game if I mess up something, sims are kind of difficult to kill in normal game play, the bills are miniscule, etc....
I stay away from any cheats that take the challenge out of the game. I'll use hacks if I want to play out a specific story or scenario and I look for hacks that expand game play or add challenge to the game, like the mortgage shrub,higher bills, private school tution etc...

Games are played for the fun and enjoyment of the player. Part of the fun and enjoyment of any game IMO is meeting the challenge of the game itself no matter if that challenge happens to be running faster than your friends,getting a ball into a hoop, honing your reflexes and concentration so that your character can dodge 100 lightning strikes in a row or managing a sim's household on their minimal income while they make that slow and steady climb up their employement ladder.

When you buy a game you are buying that challenge. So when you cheat you cheat yourself out of that potential satisfaction.

And yes I do understand that it is just game.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 3:17 AM
ya see i at least partway hear ya.

my husband, when he plays, he immediately motherlodes them till they'll never have another money worry, then he does it again just for fun.

i take their money they start with, and do my best, sometimes spend it a specific way to meet a chalenge requirement, try my hardest not to cheat, but it's tough sometimes. really with all the "manditory's" i didnt think this challenge was going to be easy at all. i'll find out next time i get a chance to play for a while.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 6:08 PM
Yes, Somethingelse, I don't care if you want to use a Toddler from the start, it was more of a guide line that you not let them have siblings because that makes it hard. If you want to start with a toddler go ahead, but make sure they fulfill the Toddler missions, and add something hard to do when they are an elder to make up for skipping Infant-hood. Let me know what you think of for your extra elder mission, I might add it to the challenge.

Mad Poster
#35 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 3:10 AM
You Go, Dragoon! As challenges go, it's not bad, and more thought out than lots. And I get your sense of humor ..pope,chicken, end of world.LOL. Ya just never know about peoples response to a challenges; I've seen some really lame ("easy") ones, but I wrote one I thought was a hoot and nobody liked it..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 3:52 AM
I actually like this challenge a lot. I hardly play my game as the game intends and with all the mandatory goals or 'missions' in the challenge, it will actually be really fun to play. So I'm actually going to bookmark and try it out once I'm finished with a current project.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 8:41 PM
Hmmm.... This sounds like a lot of fun. One quick question though. Can I start with a toddler and one adult in CAS, or is that cheating? I don't like having more than a couple sims in a house at once.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and holds the world together.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 2:08 AM
I am currently trying with one toddler and one adult both made in CAS. They also have a kitten. I just made it through toddlerhood, and let me tell you this is not easy with only one parent. But it's perfect for me because ILove a good challenge.
Great challenge! Thank you.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and holds the world together.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDragoon13
People keep disagreeing with my posts some even on the original post! How can you disagree with a challenge!? I think some of the people here have it out for me...or is it my signature? It's only a joke, I don't really think that Fabio, and/or the Pope will ride in on chickens to kill us all. However I stand by what I said about the creepy old man. I wish this place had an area to put reasons for agree/disagree or at least something that will say who agrees/disagrees. Someone back me up!

I agree... Btw, I love your signature and think that it is the funniest thing ever!

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 1:22 AM
Hey thanks, I have a talent for coming up with the most random phrases, yet I almost never have use for them. Your, "Let's eat grandma! Let's eat, grandma! Punctuation saves lives." Is funny as well, but isn't it something from Facebook? I'm not on Facebook, but I know some people who are. You are brave though, I've never been able to raise a sim with less then one caretaker, unless you count a Servo that adopted. Good luck!

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 3:28 AM
Hehehe. Thanks. Im not on facebook either, so I wouldn't know....

Scholar
#42 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 5:54 PM
So I was looking back at this the other day and I realized I missed the business about the wealth sim earning 500,000 during the adult lifespan and a 1 million by death. The "impossible lifetime want" for wealth sims 100,000, this should be difficult, so I guess I'll be playing this challenge after all. However the parents will be a having a few kids, and I'll play which ever one I like best for my ultimate wealth sim or maybe I'll play each of them in their own home...Don't know yet.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
So I was looking back at this the other day and I realized I missed the business about the wealth sim earning 500,000 during the adult lifespan and a 1 million by death. The "impossible lifetime want" for wealth sims 100,000, this should be difficult, so I guess I'll be playing this challenge after all. However the parents will be a having a few kids, and I'll play which ever one I like best for my ultimate wealth sim or maybe I'll play each of them in their own home...Don't know yet.

Alright, like I told someone else the no siblings is more of a guide line. Well have fun, and come back to tell us how you're doing.

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 3:47 PM
Just a tip, if you make it to the top of your job, it shouldn't be too hard reaching 500,000 before you become an elder. What I think will be hardest for a fortune sim is working on the robotics badge, whilst still earning money.

Mad Poster
#45 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 6:13 PM
Almost all my sims make it to the top of at least one career, and they rarely even make $100,000, let alone $500,000 or $1 million! Am I doing something wrong, or have other people also found this to be the case?
Instructor
#46 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 7:29 PM Last edited by esmesqualor : 6th Jan 2011 at 8:41 PM.
WooHoo after marriage? I may have just disqualified my subject. But they're engaged! His childhood sweetheart!

Where do you find out how much is earned? Are cash perks in OFB included in this? What about the selling of date and networking gifts?

ETA: I'm just doing everything bakcwrads. He's at Uni now, but he's already friended the Grand High Wizard and is a wizard now himself (that was supposed to happen when he's an adult). Even if he's disqualified, can I still brag about him? He's the most ultimate sim I've ever had.
Scholar
#47 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
WooHoo after marriage? I may have just disqualified my subject. But they're engaged! His childhood sweetheart!

ETA: I'm just doing everything bakcwrads. He's at Uni now, but he's already friended the Grand High Wizard and is a wizard now himself (that was supposed to happen when he's an adult). Even if he's disqualified, can I still brag about him? He's the most ultimate sim I've ever had.

I've never read of sims challenge where players followed the rules exactly. So by all means tell us about your ultimate sim.

Quote:
Almost all my sims make it to the top of at least one career, and they rarely even make $100,000, let alone $500,000 or $1 million! Am I doing something wrong, or have other people also found this to be the case?

This squares with my understanding of the game. I've been coming up with strategeys on how to increase my sim's earning potential. I've had numerous sims reach the top of their career track without earrning 100,000.So are these sims using the elixir of life which increases their earning years or what?
Instructor
#48 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 11:01 PM
Okay, then. I had gotten him to the Uni bin, but lost interest until the ‘why is uni boring thread’. So, here goes:

Subject is Hawthorne Sixpence. Born to Gaston and Antigone Sixpence of 35 Woodland Drive, Pleasantview. Gaston is a SWAT Team Leader, Antigone is a general (too bad her LTW was to be Chief of Staff).

Hawthorne got all the toddler skills without smart milk – and I always use smart milk. It was pretty close, but he got potty trained before his birthday. I can’t remember how many points he had for each skill – I usually get three each while they’re toddlers – but he had the most in logic, so he’s a knowledge sim. Leaned to study from Antigone and got A+.

I did use kaching (rather than motherlode) to get the house all pretty for the the headmaster so Hawthorne could get into private school. I usually don’t do teen jobs, so when he came back from his first day at work promoted to the top of the career, I thought something goofy was going on – and it was a custom career. So, Hawthorne quit that job and got another job in politics. I learned that private school kids start at the 2nd level. And because Hawthorne had all the needed skills and friends, he was promoted to the top of the career after the first day, again. (I did not know this was how you got an over-achiever.) Because there wasn’t anything about keeping the job, after two days I had him quit so he could continue skilling.

I was worried about his love life - or lack thereof – but Lucy Burb wasn’t too annoyed by him. He fell in love with her and they had their first kiss.

Hawthorne had the following scholarships: Sim City Scholar’s grant, Bain-Gordon Communications Fellowship, Quigley Visual Arts Stipend.

He’s at Brainania (downloaded from here). His first week was rough because I hadn’t played him in a while and forgot what it takes to get his fun level up fast. I put a TV in his dorm room, but he did the slump-shoulder-You’re-Making-Me-Do-That? thing. I tried having him play chess, but he didn’t feel like it. He was redlining fun, so I sent him off campus and finally got him to a pool and had him float on his back until he was max happiness.

Other than that, he’s been easy to play through Uni – has made Dean’s list each semester. He’s saving that money to buy a robotics station and small store.

He’s a Sagittarius, 9 Active, 7 Playful, 1 Grouchy. He hates watching TV and giving backrubs. He cheats at chess. His LTW is max all skills – he’s maxed Charisma already. Logic and Body are almost done. He’s an Evil Warlock (first time I’ve done that without cheating) and he’s engaged to Lucy Burb. He needs to friend one more Sim to be in the Secret Society. He’s been staying gold to platinum so he’s been able to use the helmet while skilling. He's been a lot of fun to play.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 11:35 PM
It would appear that I made a slight mistake, forgive me, I think I meant 100,000 at adult, and 500,000 at elder.

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:40 AM
A tiny update. I haven't gotten to play much on this challenge, but I DID start it and got to the point where the subject was born. I'm hoping to play some of it this weekend. Been busy with other things, but really miss my desktop sims. (i have sims on laptop and desktop though desktop is more serious gameplay)

Anywho, here is some picture updates of how my challenge is going:

This is the subjects Mommy and Daddy. Their names are Fria and Harold Estachez.

I got them to try for the baby right when I first played so, step one of the challenge done.

The subject was born. It's a girlie and her name is Mekara <3

After that I only got through a day of her babyhood because I had to get to real life things. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this and looking forward to the missions!
Page 2 of 5