Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 6:06 PM
Well my house is complete It looks great thanks to you guys

Front

First Floor

Second Floor

Roof

So do you all like it?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#27 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 6:13 PM
Are you intending to keep the price under a certain level/starter? If not, perhaps add some curtains. If I were living in that house, I'd have a real problem with my neighbors watching me change.

Also, those lights on the very front to the right of the palm tree, right in front of the stairs... seem strangely placed. Maybe put one to the left and one to the right of the stairs, out of that main walkway?

Where's the trash can?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 6:15 PM
Yes i am,its going to be around 30-50 thousand dollars or cheaper if possible I put the lights there to give it a sort of effect i saw in a magazine and i liked how it looked but if you all don't like it i can remove it and the trashcan is at the side of the house at the back.And i'll see about those curtains.

Btw do you all like the thing i did with the sliding in this pic?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#29 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 6:24 PM
Ahhh, okay, it's more obvious looking at it that way - just seemed strange from the front pic but from above I can see what you were going for. I just think sims walking into the house will take sort of an odd zigzag path... worth testing first. Maybe they'll step over?

Looking at the pics again I can see the trashcan now that you point out where it is. Maybe stick it somewhere a tad bit closer, just cos it'll be used a lot.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 6:53 PM
I tested this house and it works fine Sims walk over it normally.I added the blinds but i left the middle one blank,just for a little difference And the trashcan is up in front.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 2:55 AM
I have one small suggestion for the main floor bathroom: replace the "curved" shower for the cheaper "square" one. The curved one looks a little odd stuffed in there like that, and the curved glass disappears into the wall.

Also, what is that squarish object in the bathroom right next to the door? If it is a washing machine, where is the dryer (or clothes line)?

"All right, now listen. We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
Inventor
Original Poster
#32 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 4:08 AM
I would have used that one but it dosen't fit in such small areas and with the moveobjects on cheat sims complain.Even if it did work i still wouldn't use it because you get a ''Cold Shower'' moodlet with it.The square object is a sink,i'm trying to keep this house base game
Forum Resident
#33 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 8:43 AM
Why not swap the shower and toilet in the downstairs bathroom?
The curved shower would look a lot better in the more open space
where the toilet is. I agree with you about the square shower. I
only use it in shacks and low rent apartments.
Inventor
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 4:04 PM
This house is for 4 sims and i don't want to have only one toilet,that can cause issues
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#35 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 4:17 PM
Um, it looks like your upstairs toilet room is not a complete room. It looks like there is railing on the stair side rather than a wall. And I think what was being suggested was leaving the amount of fixtures but rearranging where they are placed.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#36 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 3:54 PM Last edited by Alex65 : 23rd Dec 2010 at 4:32 PM.
It looks better if you use different wall decoration in different locations, thats really good now
Three things that you could make is to remove the small fence in the roof , change the
balcony wall color to the same as the left and right walls use and add some bushes around the driveway.
Post some pictures and lets see how it looks

Edit: What do you think if you walk upstairs and look behind, you see a guy in the toilet, his trousers half way down and a newspaper in his hands? XDXDXD
Inventor
Original Poster
#37 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 5:39 PM
@heaven it is a fence but it functions like a wall,i used it in my sims' current house but if you all don't really like it i can remove it.If i re-arrange the toilet fixtures then i'll have 2 toilets in one room and one shower upstairs.

@alex i'll remove the roof fence but i can't put bushes.Where will they fit?Its kinda good now.
Inventor
Original Poster
#38 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 5:59 PM
I'm back with some pics.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gabrielorie
@heaven it is a fence but it functions like a wall,i used it in my sims' current house but if you all don't really like it i can remove it.If i re-arrange the toilet fixtures then i'll have 2 toilets in one room and one shower upstairs.

I would definitely replace the fence so that the toilet room has proper walls- it just looks wrong. I know sims can't smell but, ewww!

Also, lenglel and Heaven meant, for the downstairs bathroom, swap the toilet and the shower around. Don't put them in different rooms, just change where things are in that room. So, put that corner shower in the corner where the toilet is. And put that toilet where the shower is, in that recess. That way it will look less awkward- that corner shower should be in a corner, not an alcove.
Inventor
Original Poster
#40 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 6:18 PM
Oh thats what they meant Thats what i get for going a party,getting drunk and then come straight to posting...
Inventor
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 12:31 AM
Well I think this house is just about finished I'm just waiting for a reply on my CI thread...
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: useful home-decorating info.
Page 2 of 2