Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 1:33 AM Last edited by Delphy : 24th Dec 2010 at 1:45 AM.
Default Scorecard improvements (and other minor things)
Hi All,

I have just put live the new revamped Scorecard, which can be used by creators to track various statistics about an upload, which includes a unique feature that I do not believe is on any other website in this community - realtime graphs of downloads. The previous site news about graphs noted that they where offline, and now, since an almost total rewrite of that system, I can proudly announce the new graphs are live!

Please note: The new graphs only record statistics from the 20th December 2010 - any download stats that existed between the time of the previous graphs and the new ones are, unfortunately, not able to be copied to the new system.

Here is a list of the changes:

Scorecard changes:

* The scorecard now has 2 graphs at the top: the first records your downloads over the last 30 days (as the old graph did), but is now a line graph. The second graph shows you the downloads for today, and is either a pie chart (if you have only 15 or less different things downloaded today), or a bar graph if you have more.

* The 2 months display is now fully populated with dates, but please note the warning about numbers prior to the 20th December.

* The list of downloads has been completely revamped, and additional columns are now present: Uploaded, and Last Post. Additionally, this list is now sortable via jQuery.

* The faves column now totals up correctly in the footer.

* The faves column now has a tooltip added, and clicking will now take you to a tabbed interface similar to that of Thanks.

* The total list of people who have favourited you is now in a tabbed format, accessible via the "X people have added you to thier Favourite Creators" link, in the Statistics box.

Download view changes:

* The faves link at the top of the Overview tab now has a tooltip added, and clicks through to a tabbed interface similar to the Scorecard one.

I hope you like the new graphs, and the new features. Since they are obviously new, please let me know if you run into any problems or issues!

Regards
Delphy
Screenshots

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 2:00 AM
Question: Is it possible to recolour these graphs? I'm getting white title text atop pale yellow graph backgrounds, which is hard to read.

"All right, now listen. We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 2:09 AM
Very nice and, oh hey, the pie chart has a Christmas color scheme, too!

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Theorist
#4 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 3:49 AM
Very awesome

Hi I'm Paul!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Shoveler
Question: Is it possible to recolour these graphs? I'm getting white title text atop pale yellow graph backgrounds, which is hard to read.

All the graphs should look exactly like the ones in the first post... Pale yellow with light grey headings and footers. The color scheme isn't set in stone as it's more about functionality than anything else.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 10:29 AM
This is really a nice feature. I'm impressed, thank you!
hexameter
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 2:03 PM
Very funky!

Only thing I've noticed is that the graphs overlap the top menu bar when the scroll the page. Not a biggie though.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
All the graphs should look exactly like the ones in the first post... Pale yellow with light grey headings and footers. The color scheme isn't set in stone as it's more about functionality than anything else.

Hmmm... just checked it out in MSIE, and it displays correctly. For some reason, Opera displays the headers/footers as white instead of light grey.

"All right, now listen. We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
Wiki Wizard
#9 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 3:06 PM
Omg I LOVE pie charts!! :lovestruc I just tried everything out and it's amazing, I really love how everything works now, it's so fancy and swish but really easy to understand and really lets you know what things people are downloading! Thank you

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Theorist
#10 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 5:41 PM
I appreciate having the bar graph for "downloads today" readily available, but I do wish the downloaded items with their labels were on the Y-axis rather than the X. I dislike turning my head sideways to read a chart.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 6:26 PM
This looks really nice! The only thing I miss from the old charts, though, is having the creations sorted in order by number of downloads, so it was easy to see which of your downloads were, say, the five or ten most downloaded items, or the least downloaded - whereas in the new chart they're jumbled up in no particular order. Is it possible to sort them according to numbers again? Thanks again for this, and happy holidays!
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 7:57 PM
Cool Merry Simmas
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 8:11 PM
Esmeralda - Click the top of the column you want to sort by. All the columns can be sorted - they have little arrows on the far right to indicate how they're sorted.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 8:16 PM
I think Esmeralda means the actual graphs themselves, not the actual table.

Sophie-David: I don't have any plans to change it to a horizontal bar, but I'll keep it in mind.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 8:59 PM
Okay, the graph for a days downloads is now sorted by number of downloads - highest on the right (if bar), or top left (if pie).

Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Okay, the graph for a days downloads is now sorted by number of downloads - highest on the right (if bar), or top left (if pie).

Excellent, yes, it was the graphs that I meant, not the columns in the table - thank you, it looks great!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#17 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 10:18 PM
:lovestruc I am just head over in "LOVE" with the new graphs and new features. Way To Go "Delphy" I do have one question please, I notice on my friends list most of them are creators as well.

But they are not listed as such on my creators list. So my question is should they be in both places friend list and creators list as well or not?

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 11:49 PM
Simonut: No, they wont show up on both lists (just as featured creators who are also staff only show up in the featured creator list.

The order is:

Friend > Featured Creator > Staff > Creator > Member.

Whichever is "higher" is the list they'll appear in. This works the same as the Thanks list btw.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#19 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Simonut: No, they wont show up on both lists (just as featured creators who are also staff only show up in the featured creator list.

The order is:

Friend > Featured Creator > Staff > Creator > Member.

Whichever is "higher" is the list they'll appear in. This works the same as the Thanks list btw.

Thank you so much "Delphy" for your reply back, I really thank you and your work here for all of us. I also want to take the time to tell you Delphy, HP, staff and all moderators, site helpers and members as well as guests. To have a Wonderful Holidays time and New Years. Oh if you happen see the new graph at your dinning table, then you know you all have had too much to drink.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#20 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 5:39 AM
I'm really enjoying the new graphs. This is a wonderful 'gift' for all of us to find. Great job!

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#21 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 5:51 PM
A bit late I know, but Sophie-David, if you hover over the bars a tooltip will pop up with the upload title and number of downloads, so you don't have to break your neck figuring out what's what.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 10:46 AM
Love it! Thank you.

My simblr
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 5:30 PM
Nice!
I like how when you highlight on a particular point in the graphs, more information comes up.
Thanks a lot!

Quote: Originally posted by daniel9ds
I am a newbie here and just wanna say Hi to everyone. I am Daniel from Pennsylvania, US.

Hi Daniel, welcome to MTS.
Scholar
#24 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 12:49 AM
Looks good and info is easy to find. Thank you.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Not actually evil.
#25 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 1:31 AM
Nicely done, Delphy! Have some tea and crumpets. :D
Thanks for the tabbed favorites, quite useful for us curious types.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Page 1 of 3