Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 8:28 PM
Sad news, still not right. I've tested in Full, Base, Uni, NL, and OFB only configs and with the exception of Uni, I got the same issue. It doesn't weed out sims I already know. Everyone is still in the list. With Uni, the sim array just never loads. I'm going to look at those lines about the sim relationship a couple more times later tonight I hope, and I'll try to get an error log up for Uni as well. I'm at my cousins this weekend; five kids under 9, it's only 330pm and they've already worn me out. I might just pass out cold around 9 instead though.
Advertisement
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#52 Old 2nd May 2011 at 4:21 PM
Hi Phaenoh - check out my postal mod. It pops up this dialog and fills with people you know. Happy to walk you through it if you want - sorry haven't been around a lot lately so only saw your post now.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 2nd May 2011 at 5:34 PM
Actually Mog, I've got this almost completely done. We had it working with popping up with only the people you didn't know before we tweaked it to be base game. I have a copy of it working perfectly but not base game, and I have a copy of it basegame with that one problem, so I should be able to combine them together. I gave it a shot the other night but got super confused.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#54 Old 8th May 2011 at 10:15 PM
Is your call to the Dialog primitive using Node Version 0x00 or Node Version 0x01 - this dialog changed in NightLife and added a Node Version 0x01. See 0x0024wiki.

Happy to take a look if you want - certainly this dialog can be base game compatible.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 16th May 2011 at 7:32 AM
Mog, I'd love your help making this basegame. Post #44 on page 2 has the most working copy; Phaenoh_Phonebook15. It's not basegame, but it filters all the sims correctly and does everything else perfectly.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 24th May 2011 at 5:20 AM
This, is frustrating. I keep getting a bad gosub tree number error in the basegame, even though it runs fine with EPs. I did get it back to sorting out people that we already know, so that was some progress. How do I get both? Help please?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Phaenoh_PhoneBook18.rar (82.5 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#57 Old 24th May 2011 at 5:56 AM
I see that some of your BHAVs are of the 0x8009 format. Echo once said that error sometimes shows up when you have a BHAV in the 8009 format but don't have a post-University EP environment (i.e. base game).

I really wish I could be more helpful, but that is just about all I know about BHAV formats.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 25th May 2011 at 6:03 AM
I tried that and it just gave me a different error message. Thanks for trying to help MSD. I've been wrestling with this for 7 hours straight tonight and I've found at least 20 different ways to make it not work. I don't think the code for deciding if my sim knows the neighbor sims is being run correctly. Everything else seems to be working fine. I don't think the code I tried to use for base game relationship testing is correct. Mog, I tried inserting your code from your postal system just backwards, using sims I don't know instead. Again, I couldn't get the code to read right or something cuz it just didn't work. This attached version doesn't sort sims correctly, but it is basegame.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Phaenoh_PhoneBook19.rar (82.5 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#59 Old 25th May 2011 at 7:41 AM
MSD is right about the 8009 format BHAVs. They will almost *never* work in a base game environment. If they do work, it's a fluke. Unfortunately, just changing the type in the drop down will not always fix the problem, so much so that in some cases the only way I've found to actually fix an 8009 format BHAV is to recreate it in a new, earlier formatted BHAV.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:03 AM
I'm getting the feeling this is not likely ever going to get to basegame so I think I'm going to release it now, requiring any EP above Uni. Is that cool with everyone? Or does anyone have a Hail Mary that they can pull on post #44's version. It stands to reason that this should be possible, because the normal phone tree pulls up a list of sims you do know, so couldn't we just run the opposite and then all the creature caveats on it? Why are we using the Set To Next (Influence) that isn't basegame?
Page 3 of 3