Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Little House: The Ingalls Family

by JAKINCOL Posted 4th Jan 2011 at 2:11 PM - Updated 16th Jan 2011 at 1:29 AM by fanseelamb : fixing thumbnail

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 3:53 PM
Holy cow! You did an amazing job on the likenesses. They look like them jumped right off the TV and into your computer. Very well done!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 5:03 PM
I have to agree, you clearly and instantly recognize each family member! Impressive!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 7:50 PM
this is awesome!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 8:48 PM
Thank you all for your nice comments. There hasn't seemed to be a lot of interest in these characters, but I hope you all will enjoy them.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 9:45 PM
Wow, those Sims really look like the characters. I like that show as well. Before installing them, do I really have to use all of the things you listed? I was told that if you don't tweak them in CAS, then they will look like what they have appeared or they will look different when tweaking them.

Also, are you going to create other children that were adopted in the family later in seasons? Or the whole characters of Walnut Grove?
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 12:06 AM
Great job, JAKINCOL! I'm glad to see them accepted!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chimp78
Wow, those Sims really look like the characters. I like that show as well. Before installing them, do I really have to use all of the things you listed? I was told that if you don't tweak them in CAS, then they will look like what they have appeared or they will look different when tweaking them.

Also, are you going to create other children that were adopted in the family later in seasons? Or the whole characters of Walnut Grove?

Hi chim78! I do not have a lot of knowledge with all of this, but I think I have read before that if you don't have the mods and try to tweak them, it will change them... maybe others can jump in here too. Also they are packaged with EA base hair so if you want the hair in the pics and they are custom hair, you will need to download those.

I had thought about doing more of the Little House Sims, but the interest in them was very low and it was a bit hard getting help in the Creators Feedback Forum... so I left the Edwards children off of the upload. Hopefully they will be approved soon, have a couple of changes to make. I did do the Oleson Family also children were included in this upload... it really does help to get feedback so if any of you ever think about giving feedback in the Creators Feedback Forum and think your opinions don't or won't count, please know that they do. It really is discouraging when you get very little feedback...I love making sims, but honestly, I need YOUR help. So I encourage all of you to please check out that forum and give your advice/ opinions.

Thanks to all of you and hope you will enjoy them. Sim Realty has a farming community, that can work well for these sims, although I think it is still in BETA form.

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Thanks! I don't always succeed but will give it my best.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Great job, JAKINCOL! I'm glad to see them accepted!

HI Simmy!!! So nice to see you, I hope you are back! YOU will never know how much you have been missed!!!!!!

Hope to see you soon in the CFF!!!

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 2:23 AM
I have to admit that the sims you created are excellent likenesses of the TV actors, Mary especially. I'm a little disappointed that you did the TV characters rather than based them on real photographs of the Ingalls family or the illustrations from the classic children's books. While I did watch the TV show, it was very different from the much more famous and classic books. For example, the real Mary was never married, so I found your listing her with her TV character's married name after confusing and unnecessary. Pa's beard is such a big part of his character in the stories that even as a child it bothered me to see him without a beard on the TV show. I always felt I was watching a fake Hollywood Ingalls family on the show, due to the differences in both physical resemblance and personality, and these sims come across the same way, so I just don't know that I can relate to these characters and most likely will not download them.

Also, your info about the books can't be correct. Only one of the books was published posthumously, not four, and it certainly wasn't published in 2006. My sister had a copy of it no later than 1975 and I read it repeatedly throughout my childhood.

Excellent work, though. The hard work you put in just made me wish even more that you had based the sims from real photos of the Ingalls family - Laura in particular was absolutely beautiful, much prettier than the actress who played her on TV.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 5:21 AM
OMG I LUV THIS SHOW I HAVE EVERY SEASON very nice i like it looks exactly them buts where grace and maybe can you make their house its easy
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Billythomas95
OMG I LUV THIS SHOW I HAVE EVERY SEASON very nice i like it looks exactly them buts where grace and maybe can you make their house its easy

Yea, Grace was so small, I wasn't sure about trying to make her. Guess I should have tried. Maybe later I will add some of the children... that I didn't add this time. Im the meantime, Charles and Caroline could add her, in game.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 1:44 PM
Awww, they are so cute! Very nice work!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 11:34 PM
My god, what an undertaking! I used to watch them growing up, and I STILL have a set of the books! Congratulations on this upload, and kudos for all your hard work :-)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 6:24 PM
Great! Love this family.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 9:18 PM
Wow! You obviously took a lot of time to make this upload, and it shows. Great work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:00 AM
One of my favorite childhood programs. You did a great job creating them.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:10 PM Last edited by chimp78 : 7th Jan 2011 at 11:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JAKINCOL
Hi chim78! I do not have a lot of knowledge with all of this, but I think I have read before that if you don't have the mods and try to tweak them, it will change them... maybe others can jump in here too. Also they are packaged with EA base hair so if you want the hair in the pics and they are custom hair, you will need to download those.

I had thought about doing more of the Little House Sims, but the interest in them was very low and it was a bit hard getting help in the Creators Feedback Forum... so I left the Edwards children off of the upload. Hopefully they will be approved soon, have a couple of changes to make. I did do the Oleson Family also children were included in this upload... it really does help to get feedback so if any of you ever think about giving feedback in the Creators Feedback Forum and think your opinions don't or won't count, please know that they do. It really is discouraging when you get very little feedback...I love making sims, but honestly, I need YOUR help. So I encourage all of you to please check out that forum and give your advice/ opinions.

Thanks to all of you and hope you will enjoy them. Sim Realty has a farming community, that can work well for these sims, although I think it is still in BETA form.

Thanks. I downloaded them all, but I ended up kept Mary because she is my favorite. All of them do look same, except Carrie. Her face was distorted while others look a bit same or less. Yeah, I agree IF you want them to look exactly like in the pictures, then all of these are needed to use in the game, though.

Please do create Olsens family, we need them The Coopers children, Albert, Grace, etc, you don't have to create them if you don't want to. It is up to you.

Yes, the farmland for World looks good. I checked out, and they have empty houses to fill, but I did not move my Sims there because they are still in Sunset Valley. Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 2:26 AM
Wow you did a great job on the Ingalls Family they look just like the tv actors...although I would have loved it...if I was able to watch the girls grow up.I mean according to Mrs.Wilders first book "Little House in the Big Woods".Laura and Mary were little girls and Carrie was in infant.They were still living in Pepin,Wisconsin in that book.

Can you also add The Oleson's?...that would be hysterical..lol...when you get the chance to of course...I already downloaded the Edwards...I wanted to do something like this in the Sims 2, but I was never able to capture the exact likeness that you got in the Sims 3. Thanks again this is going to be a lot of fun.

Q.Q.Is the Mary Sim blind or is she sighted ?...

Im tempted to create an 19th century community now.Happy New Year
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 3:46 AM
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments!

Sunflower, maybe at a later date I will try to do some misc. sims for the Little House.
Younger sims of Laura and Mary, Nellie and Willie and add some that I didn't include this time. I really wanted to do more of them, including Miss Beasley... but again, maybe a little later I can add some. I didn't think there was much interest, but finding more people are interested that I thought in the Little House characters.

Thanks again everyone!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 12:09 AM
Wow, you did such an amazing job! It looks exactly like the characters from the show, I used to watch it all the time with my grandma while I was growing up! She'd be so pleased to see this, as well! :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 12:18 AM
Wow you did a great job on these keep up the good work
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:15 AM
Hi Jakincol i am a loooong time fan of Laura Ingalls Wilder fan i read the books watched the tv series and wow they look like the actors the actual Laura was beautifull so was Mary and Carrie and the parents but since theres not a whole lot of pictures of the real Ingalls it would be much harder to sim the real ones.I hope you keep adding to the Walnut Grove community by adding the others also add a baby Grace cause it would be hard to either sim or procreate her in the game meaning you might not get a girl in the game lol yea there realy was a baby charles(freddy)in the actual story as well.Beautifull work on this keep going please also add the kids Mr Edwards and Grace adopted please!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 6:23 AM
Great job but, why did you only do the three girls from the show? Where's Grace?
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Earcat
Holy cow! You did an amazing job on the likenesses. They look like them jumped right off the TV and into your computer. Very well done!

it was originally a book
Page 1 of 2