Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 2705 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 7:43 PM Last edited by Moria : 23rd Jan 2011 at 7:56 PM.
Default Linking Bridges
This may well be old news to some, but I thought I had read that you needed a small piece of road between bridges as you cannot link bridges together.

Discovered today in my quickie test world this is not true.

Providing the ends of the bridges (actually the linking points) are exactly aligned.. height and angle... although they don't snap together, they will route correctly.

Heres a pic of three bridge section joined together that route fine. Each bridge has the same dimension and length as the Steadfast Bridge which it was cloned from. (and yes, it's quite a bounce at this end.. sorry, the road needs a slight height adjustment )

If they are slightly off, you may find that between the bridges the car veers into the centre of the road, if they are a little off the route will be broken.. it's a bit of an arcane trial and error thing, but it does work with some effort.

Hope this is of use to some, and as I say, if old news, I apologise

Regards

Moria
Advertisement
The Camera Eye
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 12:17 AM
Thanks for that Moria- I'm sure it will be very useful to many people. Nice bridges, by the way!
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 2:59 AM
Are you planning on uploading those bridges at any time in the near future? They would be ideal for the world I am working on. I really don't want to reinvent the wheel, unless I have to.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 4:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevlik
Are you planning on uploading those bridges at any time in the near future? They would be ideal for the world I am working on. I really don't want to reinvent the wheel, unless I have to.

Hi tevlik.. I am slowly but surely making a mix and match bridge set.. there will be the green decks you see and a rusty deck. The base of the bridge, and the railings are added after, so far I have a 2 pier and end pillar base, as seen in the pics, and a no pier and end pillars base.

I'm working on seeing if I can also do a girder section, either under or over to go with the set.

The aim will be to be able to make multiple combinations from the set.

As to when.. may be a few weeks yet while I play.. I'm still learning this stuff

Regards

Moria.