Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 11:03 PM
CAW bridge over a road problem
Hi,

I'm trying to build a highway with some bridges over the streets.

The problem is every time a sim or a car try to go under it, they fly on the bridge, jump from it and follow the road.

I thought it was caused by the bridge block height, so I put the bridge higher but it doesn't work.

Has someone manage to do it ?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 3:50 AM
I heard that doing this causes a routing issue. Thats why your sims are doing funky stuff.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
Hi,

I'm trying to build a highway with some bridges over the streets.

The problem is every time a sim or a car try to go under it, they fly on the bridge, jump from it and follow the road.

I thought it was caused by the bridge block height, so I put the bridge higher but it doesn't work.

Has someone manage to do it ?

I have tried the same thing, a bridge over a road since but its not possible since the bridge has a square main routing that no matter how high you take it always will be on the grounds level.

So the only way i can see will make it possible is if someone reprograms how the bridges road works.

But i might be wrong :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 7:53 PM
Yes, you're right Jacandk. CAW can't handle overlapping routes, so if you make a bridge over a road you'll see some strange results. I'm not sure it will cause a lag or a problem, just the strange animation- but of course you'd have to test it in your own world, in case it causes problems with populated worlds. There is some discussion here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...dge#post3367228
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 1:37 AM
Ok, I can still get the road as decorative and paint under the bridge as a "no sim" area in order to avoid this strange anim.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
Ok, I can still get the road as decorative and paint under the bridge as a "no sim" area in order to avoid this strange anim.

Yes, Thats what i did, i put some rocks and made it unroutable for the sims so they wont go over it. or you can use CarlosĀ“s mod-bridge overpass but its quite modern and to big for my world.

But you might like it

http://simminginmagnificentstyle.blogspot.com/