Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pirate Career & School

by NekoCat Posted 7th Apr 2011 at 2:40 PM - Updated 12th Apr 2011 at 2:00 PM by NekoCat

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 4:31 PM
Aha! Great to see this come out. Thanks for sharing :-)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:18 PM
I love you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:56 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:26 PM
It's "Barnacle Bay", not "Buccaneer Bay".

--
Eduardog3000
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:43 PM
Glad you all like it

I know it's Barnacle Bay I was just, umm... testing you all... that's it... umm... you pass!

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:07 AM
This is awesome. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 7:00 AM
This is really cool :D
What about translations? I'd be glad to do the German one.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:11 PM
I'd be glad to do the Italian translation, but I got a problem: the text just doesn't show: no career title, no description, nothing at all. Maybe it's because my game is in Italian?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:17 AM
VixenSkywalker90: I'm sorry I left out the language strings, but I updated the files to include them. Please download again and see if they show up in your game now. Everything is in English right now, but they should still show up.

Thanks for offering to translate it. I'll have instructions put together tomorrow and post here.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:41 AM
No problem if it shows up in English, the important thing is that it shows up.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 11:30 AM Last edited by VixenSkywalker90 : 10th Apr 2011 at 2:53 PM.
Anyway, the school and part time careers now do show up, the full time career doesn't.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:54 PM
I downloaded the adult career one more time, still no title and no description.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:30 PM
In today's episode we learned that modifying a file, then uploading the unmodified version is really stupid

Well, anyway, the correct version is now uploaded. I downloaded it and checked just to make sure.

I also uploaded the files that need translating.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:42 PM
All right, I'll do a bit of "exploring" with the pirate family I created, then I'll start the real work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 11:08 PM
Holy freaking awesome! I can now make an official Grace O'Malley! YAY! Now if only someone could figure out how to make a driveable ship like in TS2....

Random aside: My cat is named Niko also, haha.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:24 AM
Neko is Japanese for cat.

This is just absolutely hilarious and cute. Props to you. I'm something of a Sims Pirate, as well. (IYKWIM)
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th May 2011 at 8:49 AM
The description of "Powder Monkey" has a typo. It says "Powder Money".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th May 2011 at 12:01 AM
Thanks! I made a pirate sim in Barnacle Bay, and he just doesn't seem right as a CEO :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 6:54 PM
Great! I can do a Swedish translation?
Forum Resident
#21 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 3:18 AM
I just realized the rabbithole is the Restaurant. Wouldn't the Criminal Warehouse make more sense though? Pirates are thieves and criminals.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:33 PM
^ Not ALWAYS.
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 7:56 PM
i clicked on the nraas careers and story progression but i dont kno which link to download from there
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 1:50 AM
Thanks for the career and school. I noticed an issue with the Powder Monkey/High School addition. It seems like whenever I click on my teen who is enrolled in the Powder Monkey school and have the career/school tab open, it ends up getting stuck on his profile. If I try to select another character, the portrait of the other character is highlighted and his portrait stays highlighted. My pirate teen also remains highlighted, also his picture stays as the active sim, and all tabs remain his (relationships, etc). The only way I have found to reset this is by completely closing the game (changing households and returning does not help).
The adult career and child school work just fine from what I can tell (I have not tried the teen career yet, my pirate teen was employed at the cemetery).

If it makes a difference: I am running just the base Sims 3, on STEAM, update version 1.29
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 3:17 AM
Default Yay!
Quote: Originally posted by NekoCat
Glad you all like it

I know it's Barnacle Bay I was just, umm... testing you all... that's it... umm... you pass!

Yo ho-YO HO! A pirate's life for me! Ar, matey! Thanks fer makin this ere career path!
Page 1 of 2