Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Depression' Sims 3 Custom Animations/Poses - Sims 2 Recreation

by chasmchronicle Posted 8th Apr 2011 at 1:44 AM - Updated 3rd Jan 2012 at 2:33 AM by SIMul8rReviews : Slight adjustments to the overview page

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:52 AM
love it
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:56 AM
Hurray for new poses! Gosh these are nice, my mind is already thinking of new pictures to take with these. But the way the hand is in these, like in 5 or 3, where that one hand is all flat out looks odd. Would it be possible to make the fingers curl and separated a bit, you know, a more natural look.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:58 AM
These look awesome! I wish I could use them but I can't figure out how to get the posebox to work =(
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaosSprinkles
Hurray for new poses! Gosh these are nice, my mind is already thinking of new pictures to take with these. But the way the hand is in these, like in 5 or 3, where that one hand is all flat out looks odd. Would it be possible to make the fingers curl and separated a bit, you know, a more natural look.

Thank you so much for you comment, about pose 5.. i believe you are talking about the arm that is dangling, it was my intension to have her hand open so it would not look like a malfunction on the pose
as for pose 3, I tried my best to make it as curled as i could.. but if i were to make it any more curled it would have interfered with the clothing

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 2:05 AM
Thanks for sharing. I won't have to think up any poses at all with all the talented modders around making poses for us, like yourself. Thanks.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 2:54 AM
Thanks for replying to me, but with the whole pose 3 thing I don't think you really got I meant. The left curled hand is fine, I get the whole sleeve issue. What I mean is the right hand, how it just is like, I don't know how to properly word this, there? The hand is just straight with the thumb sticking out, it isn't a very natural way to keep your hand. Sorry for being nit picky or if that is what you actually intended to do.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaosSprinkles
Thanks for replying to me, but with the whole pose 3 thing I don't think you really got I meant. The left curled hand is fine, I get the whole sleeve issue. What I mean is the right hand, how it just is like, I don't know how to properly word this, there? The hand is just straight with the thumb sticking out, it isn't a very natural way to keep your hand. Sorry for being nit picky or if that is what you actually intended to do.

I see what you mean, and no don't feel like that i love honest opinions, they help me improve more!
Yes, this is something I should work on.. I intend to work on that and some other of the poses that are having some issues. Thank you! :D

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:10 AM
Yay! I love being helpful! I can't wait to see what new poses you come up and what these will look like when tweaked, you are awesome.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:51 AM
I love you. So so so much, Austin. :3 Great job on these! <3 Will use.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I love you. So so so much, Austin. :3 Great job on these! <3 Will use.

Thank you so much Angie!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:14 AM
These are awesome. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:30 AM
These look great. I agree about the hands being flat in 3 and 5. A hand can definitely look like that it just looks a little uncomfortable. My favorite pose is the one where her head is on the kitchen table and her hands are over her head.
Also, is pose six a sim praying? I can't really tell from the angle.
These look beautiful and very natural.

Edit:
It also looks like the left hand in pose ten might go through the right arm, but I'm thinking that might look different from different angles as well. Since her arms are the same color it's not very noticeable anyway and doesn't really bother me, and I have no idea how you'd fix that anyway.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilfixit
Also, is one of the poses a sim praying? I can't really tell from the angle.

No, if you look they're crying on their knees.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
No, if you look they're crying on their knees.

Oh okay, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:34 AM
Thanks so much for this! I'm looking forward to trying it
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:08 AM
Theses are nice. I look forward to seeing more from you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:24 AM
A custom pose for depressed poses? These are perfect! I have a depressed sim in mind, and these poses are excellent! Thank you for putting this together.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:59 AM
Great work... if only Pie Menus could be made D;
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:12 AM
YAY YAY YAY!
finally! depression pose box RECREATION! :D
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:45 AM
Good job on the posses

Is it my eyes or is there only one picture with a clear shot to her face. I can't really tell if she is showing any facial expression or not.

Or is this set of posses only include body posses and the facial expression is random or CAS type blank?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:16 AM
You will have made my stories so much better! thank you!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 999rozes
Great work... if only Pie Menus could be made D;

I just printed a list of all possible poses, in font Arial size 7 in three columns on each paper, and I have 3 A4 papers full.

Just saying, pie menus for this amount of options = crazy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:20 PM
This is great, I love it! I can now use this for my movie! One quesiton though, how do you get the sims to sit down and then use like the elbow one the table pose because when i tried my sim stodd back up again and then sat on nothing
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:26 PM
Indeed. Gotta Love it.
Page 1 of 4