Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 5867 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2011 at 8:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Permanent Counter Corners?
Is there a way to force a counter to become a corner piece without placing a perpendicular counter beside it? I want to make a shop counter with a cash register counter sticking out from the wall, then a corner piece and finally a DecraChill display instead of a third counter. However, as soon as I move or delete the third counter piece, the corner reverts to a straight piece which annoys me to no end. Is there a code or some combination of keys I have to hold to force the corner not to revert to a straight section?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th May 2011 at 1:33 PM
Counters are modular, so they automatically detect what object is next to them and switch models to match. If you want to get a counter object stuck on a certain state, you have to try to break it - use moveobjects on, force delete the counter next to it with TestingCheats, do anything you can think of to confuse the game into failing to update the object.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2011 at 2:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider
Counters are modular, so they automatically detect what object is next to them and switch models to match. If you want to get a counter object stuck on a certain state, you have to try to break it - use moveobjects on, force delete the counter next to it with TestingCheats, do anything you can think of to confuse the game into failing to update the object.

Yeah, I was thinking I'd Shift+Click on it and try it that way but apparently that does nothing. How would you suggest I "force delete" the one next to it?
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th May 2011 at 2:37 AM
I'm also having this problem, I wanted to make a ring of counters facing outwards instead of inwards. I was unsuccessful but I'll be keeping an eye on your thread to see if you can figure it out.
Site Helper
#5 Old 9th May 2011 at 4:59 PM
boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true gives a lot of extra options. I believe one of them is to click on a object and delete it from in-game rather than buy mode.

I had a counter get broken when I used move objects to delete the one next to it when they both had items on them. That might not work when you want it to, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2011 at 11:35 PM
Ghost - I have the testing cheats on by default but I can't shift-click on the counter while editing a community lot. Even if I do manage to delete the counter successfully in live mode, as soon as I place the DecraChill next to it, it will revert to a straight piece!
Site Helper
#7 Old 13th May 2011 at 1:53 AM
I wonder what would happen if you used move objects to place the decra-chill while there is still a counter in the spot, then delete the counter afterward? That would take a very accurate click to delete, though.

(I suppose it would be a modding question to ask if it's possible to make a small floor token that tells the counters next to it that it's a counter too?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th May 2011 at 10:57 AM
I thought of that too but when I tried it, the counter automatically reverted :/ I think your floor idea would be awesome and very useful if it could be done. Is there a forum where I can request this?
Site Helper
#9 Old 15th May 2011 at 11:47 AM
We don't have a request forum. However, here is a list of creators who are willing to consider requests:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392615
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2011 at 9:23 PM
Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, and then Force Error - delete. That should do it, I don't think that's been outright suggested here.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#11 Old 16th May 2011 at 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
(I suppose it would be a modding question to ask if it's possible to make a small floor token that tells the counters next to it that it's a counter too?)
What a clever solution, I just tried it really quickly and it worked perfectly. I just need to clean up/create a package that can be shared and I can submit it--I don't think I'll have a chance to finish it tonight but definitely within the next day or two if no one else has done it already.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2011 at 9:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeywell
What a clever solution, I just tried it really quickly and it worked perfectly. I just need to clean up/create a package that can be shared and I can submit it--I don't think I'll have a chance to finish it tonight but definitely within the next day or two if no one else has done it already.

This would be a much more elegant solution, I think! Please do post a link to your download in this thread whenever you finish!