Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 6:53 AM
Big Brother Challenge YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accidental Murder
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 11:14 AM
Im soooo trying this challenge,even though i hate Big Brother.But tell me,is it possible if i make my own apartment,for them to live there?If i can,i will try and upload pics
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 3:44 AM
So I just started this challenge only about 6 sim hours in. I love it so far but I forgot to remove my mod for more intense fires. Currently everyone but one sim is onfire -__-
Looks like I'll be restarting this without the nod.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 7:06 PM
I've never participated in a challenge before, but this one seems too fun to resist. Gonna start now. Thanks!
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 4:05 PM
I've decided to play with a sinister twist....

Everyone will be locked inside the skill room until they gain the required skill point. The first to get it will be the first out and gets 8 points. They can go dance under the sun or whatever, the next to get it will get 7 points and then they get out etc. The last person left will go to the room of death(thanks for the name ffordeffan!). On the park challenge, I'm going to see who can successfully invite the most people over and once they arive, I'll lock them in the room of death. It'll be made twicee as hilarious by all the grieving going on. I just have to make sure noone's a loser cause then death will save them...
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 7:16 PM
So here's my bunch! Completely randomised, by the way.
I don't know how to upload a picture to this site but I wish I could because my people are so funny! Anyway. So tibble is this little cat that looks cute and everything but really he's an evil mastermind, replacing the secret celebrity that the show sometimes hides while everyone arrives. Basically, while everyone else suffers, Tibble watches with evil delight *muahahahaha!* Just so I don't get REALLY bored, I'll control Tibble. The others are completely random, with the only trait I ruled out being the loser trait, 'cause then they wouldn't die. As I'm going by my slightly controversial rules, I might have to do a little interacting, such as sending them to the dreaded skills room or the depressingly big room of death but I'll try to avoud any other interacting!

Alison: The cute blonde of the group, as I randomised everything, she's not SUPER cute, but she's got a look about her.
Sarah: A fat jolly looking woman.
Samantha: The best looking from my point of view and also the best traits: Natural cook, virtuoso, artistic but also neurotic and evil.
Kareem: A black woman with red hair. She's probably going to be the first to die.
Daniel: A bit of a sleeze with awesome hair. He's a flirt who dislikes children and hates the outdoors. looking forward to the park challenge...
Blue: a blue guy with spiky hair. I changed the skin colour, but nothing else.
Ken: A fat guy who will probably die first considing his hate of art and his laziness.
Henry: An average guy wearing a tramp suit. Quite hilarious to look at.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 2:26 PM
Come on guys! Cherries wants to see pictures : - )
Test Subject
#33 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 1:07 AM
I'm also trying this, but have modified it to be the 'Total Drama Challenge' lol. Haven't found this increased population trick yet, and I wanted a Host and all of my contestants are actually teenagers so needed a chaperone. I have Chris as the host, obviously lol. He's useful because since he can never be eliminated, I can record the history of the show in his bio and memories. The six competitors I have are split onto two teams = Screaming Gophers (Gwen, Harold, and Owen) and the Killer Bass (Heather, Justin and Alejandro). Instead of totaling their points individually, I add them as a team. Then the person with the lowest points on the losing team is voted off. I have six replacement players ready to sub into each time should one team member be eliminated (Duncan, Izzy, Leshawna, Lindsay, Sierra and Cody) to make a total of 12 possible players so it doesn't end too quickly. After it's down to the final six, the teams are dissolved and then it becomes every contestant for themselves. Because these aren't original characters, and because they already know each other I did the best I could when assigning them traits. I did however use a cheat in the beginning to set the relationship levels with each others (i.e, Gwen and Heather hate each other, but Izzy and Owen are in a relationship). I also alternate between Elimination Weeks (losing team must vote a member off) and Reward Weeks (winning team member gets a lifetime reward). Instead of making a mansion, I simply made two cabins (boys and girls), a single outhouse confessional and a mess hall. There rest is just open space. There is a pond/lake, but it is blocked out with fences until I need it. One of the cabins is vastly superior to the others so I'll give it to the team that wins the first challenge. The first challenge I did was social week. I try to avoid interfering with them, except when doing things like getting the girls out of the boy's cabin ;D. In the nature of TDI's dangerous challenges, I intend to make one of the challenges 'Last Man Standing'. Two contestants enter a sealed off room and the first of them to pass out from exhaustion or die loses. After about 6 hours, if there is no winner yet, I intend to set the room on fire in classic TDI form.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 8:29 AM Last edited by somethingelse : 27th Jan 2012 at 11:01 PM.
well, i'm trying this. i'm only using 6 sims because my computer seems to be running glitchy lately with large families, or complex lots. i'm not running full weeks, because well, sitting there watching my sims be their dumbassed selves is nearly killing me. i'm not succeeding 100% but i'm not doing awfull. i've managed to not motive cheat anyone yet, but i have had to interupt their flappety arm waving "FIRE! HOT!" dance a couple of times to have someone extinguish flames, or themselves. honestly, who's going to run around the house with their ass on fire? even daffy duck and all the other old cartoon characters know to sit in the kitchen sink, dishes and all...

i think sitting and watching them waste time is the hardest part. i keep yelling at them "do you realise you could be working on your handiness skill right now, because 2 of your 3 toilet stalls are clogged, but NO, you're poking the fire, AGAIN, you MORON!"

*edit
well, i'm had them do logic week 1st, i think almost everyone managed to gain something. then i tried for exercise week, so far, it's a HUGE flop. everyone is willing to swim in the pool, but no one wants to hop on that treadmill, or lift a single weight. every so often i buy them something for like a day, just for fun, they had a waterslide, they had a hottub, but i take it away when it's all they'll do.
i had 2 sets of bunkbeds and a twin bed, AND a sleeping bag at 1st, that was entirely too easy for sleeping i think when i decide it's time to vote someone out, i'll give them the sleeping bag, and put then in a basement with a cowplant. if they survive the cowplant for the rest of the challenge, i'll build them something special.

i think to be fair, i'll do that after "back to nature week" where i'll plant a buydebug garden, and maybe put a frogpond spawner in the pool. i've never tried that pool thing before. wish me luck. i hope more than just childish sims can fish there if there's a spawner. i spose i could build a pond too, but that seems stupid. now i'm just babbling
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 9:47 AM
Totally trying this out! Will work on Week 1 right away! :D

"In my dreams you're touching my face, and asking me if I wanna try again with you."
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 2:06 PM
Hey guys I just updated the 1ST DAY!! I was too excited to wait for a week so.... Here it is!
1st Day at the House

"In my dreams you're touching my face, and asking me if I wanna try again with you."
Test Subject
#37 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 3:56 AM
The challenge is a lot of fun, and I've completed it all the way through, however I have to say that the running machine task doesn't work. Sims won't autonomously run unless they have above 1 athletic skill (or, I believe that's how it works...anyhow, it'd been 4 days and none of my Sims had run on them).
Field Researcher
#38 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:07 AM Last edited by somethingelse : 5th Feb 2012 at 3:54 AM.
i had to force them on them once. then they sometimes did it on their own.

sims are such severely stupid pains in the ass. i like to think if my barbie dolls had had free will, they never would've done half the shit i made them do as a child. sims have "free will" why do they go along with my twisted games?

not that i'm complaining too much. it just might be nice if they werent quite so similar to lambs for slaughter sometimes. of course then i'd just bitch that they were "arguing" with me, and that the game was too hard...

there's just no making some of us happy eh?

so, i have a person or 2 who seem to like fishing, i'm not sure anyone just "likes" gardening, but i had everyone try it once. it's funny, even my hydrophobic hops in the pool autonimically sometimes. she got in the hot tub on her own once too. i think she was really lonely, and someone she wanted to be friends with was in there.

i'm buying everyone a 5000 lifetime reward as soon as they have the points. then, they can each have a 10,000 if they get enough before the 1st eviction.
it'll be kindof hard to decide who goes, cause some are wrackin up the rewards, but not the skills so much, and some are really going strong on the relationships.

*edit, cause i've played more
i evicted the one with the "lowest" relationships, it was funny though, as soon as i put her in my basement with a cow plant, she was my casanova type guys best friend. i kept her in there for a while, it became painfully obvious the damn plant wasnt going to eat her so i moved her into a nice lil place in the nice neighborhood, and had her go play for tips in front of the spa/bookstore in apaloosa hills, i dont have any idea how i just "let" it happen, but she got her stupid ass hit by a meteor.

here i'm thinking i'll play her for about a week to force myself to let the other sims do their own thing, but no, she gets her silly ass smushed by a meteor. so. i went back to the original house to find the next outcast, and decided the guy who didnt have any romantic interest in either of the girls left was next.

i moved him out, sent him to the spa/bookstore to pick up the meteors and the grave (which aparently townspeople will just leave lying around the lazy bastards) and took them to his new homestead. it didnt seem proper that the girl would survive a stint locked in with a cow plant only to have a cold semi anonymouse grave outside the shady day spa. it just didnt seem right.
Test Subject
#39 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 2:00 AM
So I decided to try this challenge. I have four of my eight sims left... they all set themselves on fire in the first week. Maybe I ought to create more intellectual sims. :P
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 6:47 AM
Well, I got inspired by this challenge, but did something a bit different: http://dcmadhaus.wordpress.com/2012...llenge-round-1/

I do get them to complete challenges each week, on the first week, on Sunday I send them all out to have fun, while the 'loser' is punished and stays home to clean and repair the broken stuff. Every 2 weeks one of them gets voted off and kicked out. Just like the real Big Brother show. o.o
Its not the same thing as here, but yeah.

Having fun with it.

I'm not keen on killing my simmies... I get attached to them easily, no matter how silly they are.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 7:25 AM Last edited by maddstar : 6th Jul 2012 at 8:04 AM.
This is soooo cool! I love my simmies! but all I do to control their lives is to force them to get one skill point or the best person in like who can get the most money painting etc. , record that and that person gets a point
Field Researcher
#42 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 8:33 AM Last edited by gizmoman49 : 27th Jul 2012 at 6:40 AM.
I'm doing this challenge, but I've modified it to make it more like the show Big Brother (i.e. 14 Sims, Head of Household, Power of Veto, Haves/ Have-Nots,nominations, etc.) If you give me permission, I've been wanting to make my own challenge thread based on the idea. Also, for those who aren't keen on killing their Sims, if you have them use the "Move" option on a phone, there should be a "Kick-Out" option. Not as fun as killing them, but it does get rid of the "Two Days of Mourning" annoyance.
Test Subject
#43 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 9:11 AM
What MODs are people using for this challenge?
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 12:26 PM
in week 7 im going to have a 3 holidays. whoever can make the best nectar, whoever can get the highest sim fu skill(or whatver it is), and then in Egypt (yes more than a week) who ever lasts the longest in a tomb (without being hungry, tired etc.) then week 8 can start later.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bro3erb
What MODs are people using for this challenge?

Personally, no mods are required at all to do this challenge, unless you're playing with more than 8 Sims, in which case a mod will be needed. I myself prefer to use the Master Controller Mod, however if anyone can recommend a better mod I would love to hear of it, as my game crashes all the time now. Save early save often, eh? :P
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 5:31 PM
Hello everyone

I just started designing a BB house this week, based on the current UK one and it looks awesome

However, before I start to actually play, I have a couple of questions for those already doing it. I want to keep my Sims as autonomous as possible and with as few cheats as possible, but how do I keep them in food without allowing them to shop at the grocery store? I don't want to use the Make All Happy cheat if I can help it.

Also, how do I get more than 8 Sims in the house?

Thanks in advance!

Bri x
Forum Resident
#47 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 5:51 PM
Sims can automatically make meals from the fridge, just paying a little bit of money. They'll do it autonomously (most of the time) when they're really hungry.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Brianne_Brioche
Hello everyone

I just started designing a BB house this week, based on the current UK one and it looks awesome

However, before I start to actually play, I have a couple of questions for those already doing it. I want to keep my Sims as autonomous as possible and with as few cheats as possible, but how do I keep them in food without allowing them to shop at the grocery store? I don't want to use the Make All Happy cheat if I can help it.

Also, how do I get more than 8 Sims in the house?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

To get more than 8 Sims in a house, you'll need to use mods. As I stated above, my personal favs are the Master controller & Portrait Panel mods (no link, but you can find them at the same website. Google it!) Make 1 family of 8 Sims & another of however many more Sims you want to put in the house. Put the larger family in the BB house & the other family on another lot. Take control of the main lot. Then, click anywhere and go to "Nrass/Master Controller/Household/Add Sim/Homeworld" If you did it right, you should see all your Sims in the list. Select them all, then hit the check mark. The new Sims will need to get to their new home (i.e. catch a cab to the BB house).

Hope that made sense :P. Good luck with your challenge, and I'd love to see pictures of the BB house!
Test Subject
#49 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 6:48 PM
Thank you, peeps

I shall post a pic of the house when I'm all finished... still looking in some cases for the perfect items to use!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 4:13 AM
OK! Now I HAVE to do this. This is basically how I play the sims most of the time anyway. Will be posting pics of the house and my dorky sims soon!
Page 2 of 14