Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#26 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:16 AM
Thanks. (No need for further PMs, I'll return to this thread for updates. )

House 2: I think more time can be spent with the purple room. There's something about the placement of the objects that seems off to me. From what I gather of the screenshots, the upstairs looks like a cozy retreat. There are loveseats to sit and watch TV or read a book. Part of me would expect a similar thing downstairs in the purple room, but you wouldn't really need two of such areas. The downstairs might be where you'd entertain guests with drinks from a bar, with music from a stereo/piano, and access to the pool. Perhaps move the easel upstairs and let that room be the focus of social gatherings?

House #3: I like it. Personally, I would swap the bedroom and the kitchen areas, but that's probably just personal preference. The only thing else that comes to mind is the aforementioned addition of a outside patio, but that may be a minor thing. You might consider adding a balcony to the upper floor over the door to the pool area; this would make a good covered patio area on the ground floor. Something like this (the red area would be where the balcony would be to create the covered patio):

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Advertisement
Space Pony
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:23 AM Last edited by Nymphy01 : 16th May 2011 at 3:30 AM. Reason: Stupidity
Quote: Originally posted by MSD
You might consider adding a balcony to the upper floor over the door to the pool area; this would make a good covered patio area on the ground floor.

I agree, that would be nice.
But from what I know of those come with OFB, which I don't own. ):
If you happen to know of anyplace that has meshes for non-OFB owners that'd be great.
( Just as I did with the spiral stairs.(: )
I'll look around to see if I can find any.

Sorry about the PMs > .< I'm just anxious to get feedback.(:
I don't know how I'd last without these constant replies... :3

::facepalm::
Did you mean like what I did in the front?
Err, simply switch the two? ( Backyard has a balcony, front doesn't? )

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#28 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:31 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 16th May 2011 at 3:45 AM.
You're thinking of a stage, which would require OFB. A balcony can be made with just flooring. In fact, you already have one on the front of House #3 over the front door.

Edited to respond to edited post: You don't necessarily need to get rid of the other balcony. You could keep it. In fact, it might look nice if you connected the two with archways, keeping the outer brick walls of the corner part, as if the passageway was a tunnel through the bricks. I can make a picture if that isn't clear.

Tumblr
Space Pony
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:37 AM
Sorry > .<
I actually have a stage, odd enough.(:

I thought you meant this...

I reread it, and felt like an idiot. ):

I'll do some changes, and repost.(:

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Space Pony
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th May 2011 at 4:08 AM
I'll try that.(:

But for now here are the pictures you requested;

^ I left space so the sims can dance. What do you think? ^

^ I love how it turned out, what are your thoughts? ^

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 16th May 2011 at 4:17 AM Last edited by Simonut : 16th May 2011 at 4:27 AM.
@ Nym > The desert trees from creator Macarossi collection of "Desert landscapes" is so much better, it work perfect with the desert landscape you have surrounding this home.
I love the placement of where you have the grand piano, it must be a pretty nice size room to take that piano, with that style of piano you need a large space.

Do you plan on moving the Paint Easel from in front of the sofa ? ( I hope so ) for it seem like it would be blocking your sims view, or if you have the room for it a single chair like the color of your sofa would be nice to place there that way your sims could have a conversation with another sim that is facing the sofa.

Nym I think everything look so nice I love the bedroom with the green bed cover, I like the placement of your desk and rug, and I really like your color choices for the wall keeping with that desert theme. I like the fact that you added a bit of color to the livingroom. walls. The backyard outside of the house near the pool area is perfect with just the right touches of desert plants and desert trees. I think you are ready to go ( do not forget to add a fire alarm, and burglar alarm, and "Be Sure" that every room in the house have Lighting as well as outside lighting. I think this house may be ready,so far it look great. Way to go

PS. I see you move the Paint Easel I like the bar setup ( I just saw your new pictures ) Ok please do not forget getting tips is fine, but Do Not lose your own vision other wise it will become someone else ideas.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#32 Old 16th May 2011 at 4:25 AM
I like it.

I really have nothing else to add at the moment. Maybe someone else will have some feedback; just be patient.

ETA: If you want to add the piano back, that's fine too. As Simonut says, just make sure it fits.

Tumblr
Space Pony
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th May 2011 at 4:26 AM
Simonut-
Thank you!(:
I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere, I am absolutly in love with House #3 myself.(:

In my last post you can see I got rid of the piano, only to make the area more inviting. Or in other words better for a party. ^-^

MSD-
Thank you for all the feedback you have given me. It's made me so confident. ^^
Now I go look for some inspiration on House #4.(:

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Space Pony
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th May 2011 at 4:30 AM Last edited by Nymphy01 : 16th May 2011 at 4:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Ok please do not forget getting tips is fine, but Do Not lose your own vision other wise it will become someone else ideas.

Indeed.(:
I'll always keep that it mind. I think House #3 is mostly my ideas from a few tweaks from MSD.(:

Updates (House #4)

Here is my inspiration.
Ya'll might look at it and be like...
Wtf
But, you will soon see.(:

That. Was an absolute faliure design. ):

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Meet Me In My Next Life
#35 Old 16th May 2011 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphy01
Simonut-
Thank you!(:
I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere, I am absolutly in love with House #3 myself.(:

In my last post you can see I got rid of the piano, only to make the area more inviting. Or in other words better for a party. ^-^

MSD-
Thank you for all the feedback you have given me. It's made me so confident. ^^
Now I go look for some inspiration on House #4.(:

I think the Grand piano was just perfect where it was, Maybe you could have added a sofa behind the piano or single chair near the wall if you have room. I like the idea of having a piano there. But I still say do whatever make you happy your vision.

In all the years I been a Sims member I have never came to Creator feedback on something I build. Because soon it become someone else ideas and not your own vision.
I am sure it have help a lot of members who was starting out on building, tips are good you can learn by it. It is just my own personal way of how I feel about a vision or creation, to not let it be taken over by someone else ideas. ( freedom of expression )

*shrugs*
retired moderator
#36 Old 16th May 2011 at 4:47 AM
Yes, don't let my personal tastes influence your vision too much. But do be mindful of playability and the guidelines for lot submissions.

It's great that you're inspired and eager....but please try to limit the number of houses per thread. It can be a little confusing which house is which. Plus, it diverts attention or focus from each house. Work on getting the first one or two houses right before building the rest of your hood.

Tumblr
Space Pony
Original Poster
#37 Old 16th May 2011 at 4:52 AM
It's great that you're inspired and eager....but please try to limit the number of houses per thread. It can be a little confusing which house is which. Plus, it diverts attention or focus from each house. Work on getting the first one of two houses right before building the rest of your hood.

Are you inquiring I should start a new thread?
I've finished the 1st and 2nd, in my perspective, houses. ( 2nd and 3rd, excuse me. )

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#38 Old 16th May 2011 at 5:15 AM
Well, it's probably okay as long as it's not confusing. Certainly, if the mods are okay with it, then it's okay.

I just foresaw a massive headache of confusion: 1) for us trying to sort out which pictures goes with which house and 2) for you trying to sort out what suggestions corresponds with which house...especially if they aren't posted linearly. Suppose we are discussing house 7, then we jump back house 4, then to house 6, back to house 4, then to house 5, to house 4, back to house 6, and then someone suggests something about house 3. Someone's head will likely explode...and I don't want to be the one who cleans it up. Ew. I don't know where their brain has been. Nasty!

There were a few times where I had to scroll up to look at previous pictures and I realized I was looking at House #3 and not House #2.

Tumblr
Space Pony
Original Poster
#39 Old 16th May 2011 at 5:19 AM
There were a few times where I had to scroll up to look at previous pictures and I realized I was looking at House #3 and not House #2.

I think I'll make a new thread ^-^
Sounds like it'll help us a lot. Hope to see you there.:D

Side Note
I can't upload anything to the site. ):
Since I cannot install the Clean Installer, I'm not able to upload any houses.
But, I hope that I can still recieve feedback from everyone?(:

(Adding new thread momentarrily...)

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Alchemist
#40 Old 16th May 2011 at 12:47 PM
Are the 2 combined staircases in house nr. 2 useable?

I come in peace
#41 Old 16th May 2011 at 5:10 PM
Zandvoort
Yes, completely useable.(:

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Space Pony
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th May 2011 at 6:19 PM
Take a look at my new set, located here.

^ Preview of second modern ^

ETA: If you want to add the piano back, that's fine too. As Simonut says, just make sure it fits.

Actually, I like it better with the bar.
It makes the two levels flow together, instead of being two different moods.
Now that I look at the pictures, I notice that the pianno is blocking one of the entryways. So, I think I'm better off without the piano.(:

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Meet Me In My Next Life
#43 Old 16th May 2011 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Yes, don't let my personal tastes influence your vision too much. But do be mindful of playability and the guidelines for lot submissions.

It's great that you're inspired and eager....but please try to limit the number of houses per thread. It can be a little confusing which house is which. Plus, it diverts attention or focus from each house. Work on getting the first one or two houses right before building the rest of your hood.

@Nym > I agree 100% percent with "Maybesomethingdunno" it is getting a bit of confusing as to which house is which. If you are thinking about upload one of these houses, you really need to "Focus" on that one house you want to upload since it will be your very first time to present MTS with an upload.

If you "Focus" on one house at a time, you will do a better job in making it your best with some of the tips already given here, yet keeping some of your own vision. I think you are in a very creative building mode right now. So many ideas running in your head so fast, to the point that you can lose your main focus on making the house you want to upload as your very first.

Take your time MTS is not going anywhere you will have plenty of time to work on your other projects. But try showing us members more of the house you are working on to upload that way you will get much more of a positive feed back, instead of us getting so confused as to what house is which. And other words stick with one then move on after you are finish with your first project. But you are really doing great being creative.

Space Pony
Original Poster
#44 Old 16th May 2011 at 8:38 PM
Simonut-
I also agree which is why I moved the thread to Second Modern.

(Link included with the picture of my pool.(

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Instructor
#45 Old 16th May 2011 at 9:05 PM
Hmmm Nym .
About House #3 That space where the ground dips could be useful Try placing some Desert Shrubs and other desert like plants along that area

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th May 2011 at 9:19 PM
levini-
I'll try that.

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:25 PM
I love all of your houses, especially the 1st one, you could make something like a Rubik cube
Field Researcher
#48 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 7:00 PM
Rubik Cube? Like this?

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: good decorating tips.
Page 2 of 2