Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 11:47 PM
Love it, Im starting this right away. Its the first legacy challenge Ive found that gives goals throughout so hopefully I wont get bored with it before I finish. I like that its nice and hard too. So many fun challenges Ive been trying are just too easy.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AJKirchner88
Love it, Im starting this right away. Its the first legacy challenge Ive found that gives goals throughout so hopefully I wont get bored with it before I finish. I like that its nice and hard too. So many fun challenges Ive been trying are just too easy.

Very true, I'm going to download some custom content that I find. If you would like, I can give you a link to the custom content i will/have download!

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lillym16
Very true, I'm going to download some custom content that I find. If you would like, I can give you a link to the custom content i will/have download!

Oh yeah, Id love it. Custom content is the best. I really need some 'mermaid' stuff, I have a lot of demon wings already.

Im doing ok on my first gen so far. Ali managed to catch her death fish, and now shes rapidly studying cooking. Shes constantly making food she wont ever eat, but hey, need the skill lvl at 10. I decided to go for the Ambrosia, instead of just Life Fruit, since its a little more work.

Alex is a lvl 10 gardener and we're crossing our fingers that one of the unknown plants is a life fruit. He also has the part time job at the graveyard. Hes been bugging me to have a child with Ali but shes too focused on her cooking studies for children.
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 3:00 PM
Another question I had, because I just noticed it, if opportunities are turned off, how are people supposed to get the opportunity to resurrect their dead Sim? Ive been playing with them on and just not accepting any.

A lot happened with my Vamp Sims. Alex lucked out and grew a Life Fruit, while Ali finished her Cooking studies. She made the Ambrosia right away, then they celebrated with Nectar and some WooHoo.

That WooHoo though got Ali pregnant anyway. And since Alex only had a part time job, they were really worrying about money as they bought all the baby stuff.

Ali had a healthy baby Vampire girl named Lilith. And like a prayer answered, Ali and Alex each received an inheritance from long lost relatives! Alex was so ecstatic he quit his part time job and moved them to a nicer house.

Tragedy struck them two days later when Alex tried to turn the fireplace on and he burned to death. Ali is mourning and trying to keep up with a new toddler as a single mother. Lucky for her, Alex haunts the place late at night.
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 5:51 PM
This challenge is crazy! I cant get a ghost baby! Ali has had so many and they're all vampires. UGH
Field Researcher
#31 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 2:26 AM Last edited by NeonSim : 10th Jul 2013 at 2:50 AM.
This challenge soundz amazing but it totally needs to be re written in order to accomodate for all the latest EPs which actually give us real genies aliens vampires ghosts zombies witches fairies werewolves and mermaids
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NeonSim
This challenge soundz amazing but it totally needs to be re written in order to accomodate for all the latest EPs which actually give us real genies aliens vampires ghosts zombies witches fairies werewolves and mermaids

I agree with this, I was thinking bout editing it for myself, since I have all but the actual mermaid.
Test Subject
#33 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 4:01 AM
Sounds interesting. o: Definitely gonna try it.
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 7:14 PM Last edited by AJKirchner88 : 12th Aug 2013 at 11:22 PM.
So I took Zerhais edited guide, and edited it a little more. I added the Witches and Genies in, and added a few extra requirements to different generations depending on expansion packs. I also changed the mermaids a tiny bit to include the Hydration need in the Island Paradise expansion. I also changed the numbering typos. Obviously, you'll need different expansion packs for this version, but I did try to keep it as close to the original as possible. I also want to thank canniblecupcake for starting this challenge. It is, by far, my favorite one ever.

Witch
Vampire
Demon
Ghost
Mermaid
Alien
Werewolf
Fairies
Genie
Zombie
Hybrid

To start

* Your Sims can live anywhere they can afford
* Cheats are not allowed, including money cheats, unless otherwise specified
* You may cheat to kill a sim the challenge requires you to
* You may modify a Sim’s appearances as much as you’d like, and use custom content to do it
* Unless otherwise specified, the details of your storyline are up to you. Your Sims can look however you want them to (as freaky or as normal as you’d like), they can be named whatever, with whatever personality you choose
* They must maintain their last name throughout all 10+ generations
* Set your game on normal life span. Aging must be on
* Free will must be on
* Opportunities should be ignored EXCEPT to resurrect your Ghost Sim.
* No one should be moved out during the duration of this challenge, however all members of the family may move to a different house together.
* Because the Supernaturals have crazy lifespans, I recommend a mod to make them have the same life as a normal Sim. If you don't like mods, you can use testingcheatsenabled true to force your Vampires and Fairies to age appropriately. You simply shift+click your Sim and choose Trigger Age Transition.

Generation One: Humans

Humans are very versatile. The only requirements for this generation is to not allow any of them to become a vampire, or a ghost which means none of them can die before their generation ends. Your Sim is enthralled with the occult, and therefore must woo, marry, and have children with a Witch. You can have as many as you want. Witches have the same life span as normal Sims.

Your human Sim must have the Supernatural Fan trait.

Generation Two: Witches

Witches are tricky, but they love to experiment. They are exactly the same as human Sims, except with magic. They must breed with vampires to get the vampire generation. None of this generation may turn into vampires themselves, nor are they allowed to marry one either, so I suggest a female Witch. Kill any of the next generation that are not vampires asap.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation two:
*Normal, random Sim deaths.
*Turn into a Vampire

Things that generation two must accomplish:
*They must acquire Magic Hands life time reward.
*Must raise magic enough to receive the Sunlight Charm
*Must have a familiar and be Best Friends with it

Generation Three: Vampire

Everyone in this generation is a vampire. They have all been born as vampires and as soon as they become YA they must kick their human/witch parents out. If they get overexposed to the sun they die.

Also since Vampires are supposed to be immortal, you must keep at least one vampire in the house until the end of the challenge. They may keep a death flower. They may use ambrosia as often as necessary to stay alive in the whole challenge or take the Lifetime reward 'Immortal'. They may only reproduce to create generation 3 and generation 10, otherwise they are simply an extra sim that you have to keep with you and keep up with.

They may not have any of the following “silly” traits: Childish, Clumsy or Excitable. Other than that, you are free to do what you wish with their appearances and personality traits.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation three:
* Becoming overexposed to sunlight.
*They must drink only plasma from another sim or from the fridge. They must not eat anything else.

Things that generation one must accomplish:
* Prolong death by finding or growing a death flower and keeping it in their inventory
* Learn the recipe for Ambrosia and use it at least once OR Grow a Life Fruit
* The only job this generation may have is part time caretaker at the mausoleum/graveyard

After this generation, only the vampire you keep around is allowed to use ambrosia and/or death flower.

For the next generation, the demons, a vampire must have a demon child. You may go and create a Demon VIA CAS and place them in town for the vampire to WooHoo with, but not allowed to marry. Recommending a female vampire, since the baby goes to the mothers household.

Generation Four: Demons

Demons are animalistic, and associated with fire and the underworld. Demons also have an innate love of all things WooHoo. I recommend using devilish wings if you have them..... As such all members of this generation must have at least 3 of the following traits or they do not count toward this generation:

Daredevil
Evil
Hot-Headed
Insane
Hydrophobic
Mean Spirited
Great kisser
Flirty

You may play out any children of generation three that do not fit the description, or you may kill them, but if you decide to play them, they will not count if they unlock one of the requirements.

In addition, members of the demon generation must have an abnormal hair color. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation four:
* Swimming in a pool

Things that generation four must accomplish:
* Have triplets
* Have WooHoo without marriage
* Play with fire at least once (If someone dies, you may not resurrect them in any way)
* Set the house on fire at least once
* “Mate” with a fireman and produce a child
* Because of the demonic activities, at least 3 Sims not related to the demons must die in the house.
* Must mate with at least one ghost from the cemetery.

Fire detectors are not allowed in the house during generation four.

Demons may have any job.

Generation Five: Ghosts

Ghosts can be created in two ways, they can be born that way, resurrected via science lab. They are free willed, and other than to create generation six, you are not allowed to command them to do ANYTHING. This includes taking care of children, finding a job, eating, paying bills, etc. If there are any normal's in your sim family, you may control them. You may also click on ghosts to see their stats and moods, but you may not command them to do anything except to create a relationship and have children.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation five:
* Ghosts are already dead. They cannot be killed by you until the end of the generation

Things that generation five must accomplish:
* Create generation six

Ghosts must try for baby with a non ghost and get a normal baby/babies, or they may befriend and WooHoo a mermaid in order to create generation six. (I THINK you must move to Isla Paradiso to meet Mermaids but I'm not sure yet since I just got the expansion. The Island Paradise expansion allows families to move seamlessly to different towns.) I kept the normal babies as an option for those that do not want to leave their town.
Ghost babies do NOT count toward generation six. At the start of generation six, all ghosts must be returned to the netherworld.

After this generation, no sim may be resurrected via the science lab, unless you are going for a hybrid ghost baby in generation 10 that is the only exception.

Generation Six: Mermaids

A normal Sim must be turned into a Mermaid asap. Do this by eating Mermaidic Kelp. Befriend a mermaid until you can ask about 'Fishy Parts' while underwater. Or buy some from the Lifetime rewards. Only a normal human can turn into a mermaid, other races will just get sick from the kelp.
Mermaids are born of the sea, and thus cannot be hydrophobic. Any hydrophobic children of generation six will not count. Mermaids are also all female, so any male children of generation five will not count as the heirs. As always, you may play or kill them.

All Sims in generation six must eat fish for the duration of their lives.

They must also have long hair. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation six:
* Getting set on fire or setting something on fire
* Eating anything except fish
* Becoming Dehydrated and passing out (No rehydrating)

Things that generation five must accomplish:
* Reach level 10 in fishing
* Catch a Deathfish OR Vampirefish
* Have a perfect of every fish in a aquarium in the house and the electronic fish do not count
* Must marry and “drown” their partner (you will kill them by drowning)
* Adopt the next generation.
*Acquire the Permanent Mermaid Lifetime reward.

Fire detectors are not allowed in the house during generation six.

Mermaids may have any career.

Mermaids must adopt all children for the next generation, then you must edit them for the challenge. OR if you can manage to get abducted, you can befriend the Alien and have a child that way.

Generation Seven: Aliens

Aliens must be bald or have as little hair as possible. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it. Or simply they must look other worldly, they don't necessarily have to be bald. I recommend using another skin tone for this one.

They are reclusive and lonely and must have the loner trait and genius trait. Any children of generation four that are not loners and geniuses will not count as generation seven. As always, you may play or kill them.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation seven:
* They are “found out” to be aliens meaning:
* They make more than 1 friend outside their families. (The 1 friend must be their partner, and must be moved in with them asap)
* They make over 13 acquaintances

Things that generation seven must accomplish:
* Reach at least Top Secret Researcher (level 8) in Science career track
* Create the next generation (Aliens may also adopt from their home planet)
* Finish and sell a scifi book about their race

Generation Eight: Werewolves

Werewolves will turn every full moon. During the Full Moon you may not direct your werewolves to do anything and ANYONE they come into contact with (enter the same room, talk to, etc) should be killed immediately. This includes family members.

To save your family members from being killed, you may direct them to go elsewhere but you must also keep an eye on the werewolf and take the time kill anyone in his path. You may not lock your werewolf in a room in the house since they would be strong enough to break down doors.

Werewolves must have long hair and have hair all over their body.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation eight:
* They kill a fellow werewolf (brothers or sisters)

Things that generation eight must accomplish:
* Reach top athletic skill
* Create the next generation with a “mate” that has natural black hair
*Must get the Alpha Wolf lifetime reward

Generation Nine: Fairies

Fairies are happy and silly. Their purpose in life is to console others and create joy. They should have at least 2 of the following traits:

Childish
Excitable
Friendly
Good
Green Thumb
Party Animal

In addition, they MUST be Vegetarian. Any children of generation nine that are not vegetarians will not count as a part of generation ten. As always, you may play or kill them.

They must also live and sleep outside.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation nine:
* They make an enemy
* They eat anything meat

Things that generation nine must accomplish:
* Reach top Gardening skill
* Eat only plant based meals for the duration of their lives
* Make at least 10 friends
* Buy the Lifetime reward Dusty Old Lamp and free the Genie for generation ten.
* Create the next generation with your Genie

They may have any job.

Generation Ten: Genies

Genies are magical, and when making wishes you must be very, very clear. Genies like to twist your words on you. They are smooth talkers and show offs too.

Genies must have these traits.
*Charismatic
*Dramatic

Things that generation ten must accomplish:
*Reach max in the Magician career
*Max your Charisma
*Create generation eleven

Generation Eleven: Zombies

Your family legacy is so packed with random genes of so many different supernaturals that its destroyed the minds of your offspring, making them mentally incapable. Zombies must be both absent minded and clumsy. Any children of generation eight that do not have these traits will not count as generation nine. As always, you may play or kill the rejects.

Zombies must kill and eat other people to survive. Thus they can only be fed (using any food item) when someone, somewhere is killed by you. You may lure people into your home, add them to your family and kill them any way you want, but SOMEONE must die before a zombie sim can eat. This does not ordinarily include legacy family members and children. However, in a time of crisis (the zombie is about to starve) you can choose to have your zombie eat whomever they come into contact with first (this includes family and their own children)

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation nine:
* Starvation

Things that generation nine must accomplish:
* Reach top cooking skill (Once this is reached, the zombie no longer has to kill to eat)
* Create the next generation

Zombies cannot have any jobs that require intelligent skills, such as logic, bookworm, or genius. They may not join the science or medical careers. They also may not reach any career level past 5.

Generation Ten: Hybrid

You must accomplish both requirements for whatever you choose.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 4:16 AM
wow u did an awesome job with all that editing! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 6:45 PM
Im trying to decide if I should up the lifespan to long, to accommodate for Sims going to University.... I think that would be way too long though, not as hard.
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 11:24 PM
I decided not to do the longer lifespan for University after playing around with the EP a bit. Its kinda boring I also changed up the accomplishments a Witch must get. Raising magic all the way up is just ridiculously slow/hard/boring. I changed it to getting the Sunlight Charm at least.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 11:31 AM Last edited by Secresa : 13th Aug 2013 at 11:54 AM.
This sounds like a blast! Not sure how I didn't see this before! It's especially cool now that we have most of these beings! I liked the idea of adding pets as well as sort of minions. .

Just in the interest of taking advantage of all the game has to offer, I think for those who have Uni (I think it's Uni anyway!) is to have the Fairy generation grow a plant baby since they're the gardeners. I'd think you would still have to have another child though since that wouldn't carry on the genetics.

The other option would be to give the plant baby requirement to the aliens as an heir. That would allow them to keep to themselves even more and not have to worry about associating with inferior beings to procreate. Just a thought...
Test Subject
#39 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 6:32 PM
Wow that's an amazing idea! I totally forgot about Plant Sims. Fairy does seem like the logical choice. Right now I'm play testing, when I get to fairies I'll try to stick in the Plant baby and see how it goes. On that note, can you literally GROW a plant baby or do you need to go to Uni and get transformed into one?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 8:42 PM
No you can grow one, You need enough science skill to do a gene splicing experiment with the science machine. When you do that you have a chance at getting the forbidden fruit seed....or whatever it's called....and once you plant that you have a chance at a plant baby.

That's kind of why I was torn between aliens and fairies. You need both gardening and science, so it's a toss up who to give it to.
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 12:20 AM
I feel that the 'science' skill is really not very fairy like at all and doesn't fit them. Definitely Aliens making plant babies.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 1:24 AM
Fair enough!

What I might do as just a personal rule for myself is make it a requirement that the aliens must create a handful of the forbidden seeds, but since they're not gardeners have no idea what to do with them. So, they throw the in a box until the fairies come along and plant them.

I'm not suggesting it as a rule, because it is kind of convoluted to make sure you keep them around for a couple generations, but as I said I may go that route myself.
Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 7:50 AM
Really fun
I'm on vampires and I was doing well until my family got to kids and teens... How do they get to school? If they get lower than a D for too long they go to military school so what do I do????!
Test Subject
#44 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 12:18 AM Last edited by DazzleHarp123 : 19th Oct 2014 at 12:07 AM.
Generation Four: Mermaids/Sirens

Mermaids are born of the sea, and thus cannot be hydrophobic. Any hydrophobic children of generation three will not count as generation four. Mermaids are also all female, so any male children of generation four will not count as the heirs. As always, you may play or kill them.
but
mermaids and sirens aren't the same. I mean I liked that you got the mermaid part right but sirens i think should be able to have alternate rules like sirens have to invite men over but if the men don't come over, instant death because if nothing hears the sirens song the siren dies.. but this is your challenge and it seems great. but one question. How do I post my own challenge?
edit just figured out how to post my own
Page 2 of 2