Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Build Set - DIY UPDATED 10th Sept. 2012!

by armiel Posted 1st Jul 2011 at 6:34 AM - Updated 10th Sep 2012 at 1:22 PM by armiel : Added FIXED file for the beams

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 107 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 11:04 AM Last edited by armiel : 29th Jun 2011 at 1:19 PM.
Default Basic Fences - normal
There are 10 normal fences on the set. They are grouped to sets:
Basic Fence 1-4 (vertical planks)
Basic Fence Horizontal 1-3 (thick planks)
Basic Fence Horizontal 4-6 (narrow planks)

The fences are partially clones of each other, so they all work together next to each other.

All fences have 3 channels, except Basic Fence 1 that only has 2. Cause of some weird reason, that one didn't co-operate with me, so the channels are also the wrong way.

Wood patterns (beige, brown, grey) are the objects preset patterns.
Screenshots
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 11:20 AM Last edited by armiel : 29th Jun 2011 at 1:19 PM.
Default Basic Columns and Beams
There are 12 columns in the set, grouped as follows:
Basic Column 1-4
Basic Column Rectangular 1-4
Basic Column Thick 1-4

And 3 beams:
Basic Beam 1-3

The columns are made so, that you can stack any other height of the same type on top of the fullwallheight one, seamlessly (please make sure ones on top of each other face same way). They are also slight thicker than the fence poles, so you can use these with the fences.

The beams are shiftable, and also require moveobjects on-cheat.

All of these items have one recolourable channel.

Wood patterns (beige, brown) are the objects preset patterns.
Screenshots
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 11:26 AM Last edited by armiel : 29th Jun 2011 at 1:20 PM.
Default Basic Fences - Roofing
There are 5 roofing fences on the set:
Basic Fence Roofing 1
Basic Fence Roofing 2
Basic Fence Roofing Narrow 1
Basic Fence Roofing Narrow 2
Basic Fence Roofing Narrow 3

These are meant to use only on second floor up from ground, and higher!
They are floor level and height, so placing them to ground will make them disappear underground. If you do place them on ground and can't delete afterwards, don't come complaining at me, I have warned you!

There are plenty of ways and combinations on how to use these, I took a few pictures to show it better. Ideal for ceiling windows and terrace roofs.

The roofing fences have 2 channels, but due to linking textures of all items, only the second one is usable.

Wood patterns (beige) are the objects preset patterns.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 6:49 AM
Amazing! I love all your stuff Armiel!
Captain Louie
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 7:02 AM
This set is beyond useful! I can't wait to get some content created using these wonderful build mode items Again, awesome job, friend :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 7:28 AM
Oooooo! I just snagged the DIY packs & textures. I can't wait to use these. They look perfect! ...off to build... Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 7:46 AM
Yay! So lovely!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 7:52 AM
:O Yes! Thank you Armi for these. I can't wait to improve my homes with these. And I rarely download CC
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 8:50 AM
ah,nice!!! With upcoming pets addon I have the possibility to build a barn for the horses we might have!
Fus Ro Dah!
#11 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:08 AM
OMG, this is so cool! :D
One question: do you allow to include this set (or some parts) with lots? There will be plenty people using it, and it would be hard for downloaders to recreate everything that lot builders have shown in their pics if it won't be included.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
OMG, this is so cool! :D
One question: do you allow to include this set (or some parts) with lots? There will be plenty people using it, and it would be hard for downloaders to recreate everything that lot builders have shown in their pics if it won't be included.

You can use these items on an upload, as long as the upload is free. Then just link the downloaders to this thread so that they can download my objects.
You are not allowed to actually upload my files with a lot, that's a nono.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 10:26 AM
amazing thanks so much
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 11:50 AM
Such a huge set! There are so may ways to use this! I especially like the roof fences. Thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:16 PM
Thank you for sharing this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:17 PM
You are amazing. :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:46 PM
Indeed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 1:16 PM
Absolutly amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 1:20 PM
You have done such a great job, that I am just able to tell you a HUGE Thank you for sharing your hard work and your fantastic talent with us.

A big hug.
Veteran Finn
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 1:42 PM
Thank you all!! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 1:49 PM
Woah, whoever made that blue cottage is awesome.. *shifty look* OH. it was ME! :P

Nah, these are all fantastic, and also, you make it sound like I held a gun to your head and told you to do it all I didn't.. Thats for the next set.. *another shifty look*

I specifically love the whole.. way they join up. I know YOU'VE seen what I did with them, but I think that a lot of people will love it, when I finish getting it absolutely perfect of course, and I think that it will all be due to this VERY ingenious BIG set. (I had written small instead of big... didn't sound right) Anyways.. Can't wait to see what we think of next right? You're the creator, but Q, Kayla, and I are the brains.. Well. Half of them.. You're the other half.

*hugz :P*
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 2:22 PM
So when I first stumbled across this I was intrigued to say the least, but I certainly did not expect to find 30 new meshes! This set is incredible and incredibly useful, I don't usually download CC unless I specifically need it for a building, but this is a must have for my game! :lovestruc You've really outdone yourself with this and there is not a single object here that I wouldn't use.

I also really like the clean lines and shapes that you've gone for, it doesn't limit them to just one style or genre, as you've shown through your pictures they have universal uses across lots of building types.

Well done on such a large undertaking as well, I admire anyone who is able to create a set as large as this without throwing their computer out the window! I know I certainly can't Also one last bit of rambling (because I could keep going all day like this), I'm actually really excited to put these in my game and play around with them and see what I can come up with! These are just what EA needed to bring out with BG, and if they had released this as an EP I would have paid good money for it!

I love it! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 2:22 PM
Well, this is a great little gem. There is no way that I cannot use these when creating lots. Great job here
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 2:29 PM
I loved !! thanks!!
Mostly Harmless
#25 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 2:31 PM
This is absolutely fantastic Armi!! I can't wait to download and play around with it in my game! Thank you so much and what a wonderful idea!
Page 1 of 7