Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 5:19 PM
Default About Maxis Lost and Found
*I didn't know where to post this but feel free to move it to the appropriate place. This is not a request for meshes but a technical request or whatever it is called*

Hello Everyone

Seeing that i and some people became interested in Maxis Lost and Found, or Maxis Unlocked, i just wanted to know why isn't there a category on this website specifically for those items and stuff ? (Any thoughts too)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:00 PM
Maybe because there aren't enough of them? And anyway, they belong to other categories of things.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:03 PM
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:06 PM
They are under Buy Mode/Extracted Objects. You can also find a lot of them on Numenor's Mini-Site as he is the one who unlocked most of the locked TS2 Lost and Found Stuff. I think it is simply because there are only about 150 things that have been unlocked and that really isn't enough for Delphy to designate an entire category to a very small sub-category of buy and build mode objects
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:13 PM
can u give me the address? i cant seem to find it
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:23 PM
Numenors mini-site http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=4407 . All Maxis Lost and Found objects will be under buy and build mode and will be labeled Maxis Lost and Found, there is a snow globe, a sectional couch, a souvenir cabinet some pictures and a bunch of other stuff.

Extracted Maxis Object shttp://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=233&showType=1&gs=1
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
They are under Buy Mode/Extracted Objects. You can also find a lot of them on Numenor's Mini-Site as he is the one who unlocked most of the locked TS2 Lost and Found Stuff. I think it is simply because there are only about 150 things that have been unlocked and that really isn't enough for Delphy to designate an entire category to a very small sub-category of buy and build mode objects

@ Deestar > And yes "Deestar had spoken", and yes it is true, and yes I agree. And yes Numenor's is one of the creator that is good with finding Lost and Finds, And yes thank you Deestar for your very helpful input.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 7:19 PM
Are you people/ are there people who are still searching for hidden stuff? within game files? is it easy? is there a guide? id like to give it a try.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 8:11 PM
Well, I can only speak for myself but I still look for things within the game files. Easy? Well, you have to do a lot of snooping. You might find a reference to something which simply cannot be found, like a texture with no mesh anywhere to give it 3D shape for example. So it is possible you may run into some dead-ends.

If you do find something, you would need to know what needs to be done to make it work in-game. Several of the "Lost and Found" things Numenor made required extensive reconstruction just to show up in-game and to work. If you have little to no experience with the inner-workings of the .package file structure and SimPE, it will be rather difficult. There is no guide, especially since the fragments may be scattered all over the game's files in various directories and since what may need to be done to those fragments depends upon what the content is and what is wrong with it. It is not really a beginner project.

There are however general tutorials which can get you started creating things. I would recommend you start here.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Meet Me In My Next Life
#10 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Well, I can only speak for myself but I still look for things within the game files. Easy? Well, you have to do a lot of snooping. You might find a reference to something which simply cannot be found, like a texture with no mesh anywhere to give it 3D shape for example. So it is possible you may run into some dead-ends.

If you do find something, you would need to know what needs to be done to make it work in-game. Several of the "Lost and Found" things Numenor made required extensive reconstruction just to show up in-game and to work. If you have little to no experience with the inner-workings of the .package file structure and SimPE, it will be rather difficult. There is no guide, especially since the fragments may be scattered all over the game's files in various directories and since what may need to be done to those fragments depends upon what the content is and what is wrong with it. It is not really a beginner project.

There are however general tutorials which can get you started creating things. I would recommend you start here.

And > Maybesomethingdunno have spoken and yes I do agree as well.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 11:21 AM
is there a difference between extracted and hidden (lost and found) objects? i think there is but can someone explain in more detail, all i know is that hidden objects are objects the EAxis did not include in the game while, while extracted objects are those that people extract from the game itself change some things in it and replace it with the defaults? is this right? im kinda confused :S
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420
Some things like the wedding dress is quite easy; just open the file, change some value, and it will show up.

I thought that was made available with one of the EPs? They changed something and the dress shows up at the back of the catalogue.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 5:29 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:14 PM
i think i have the white dress but not the blue one although i want it and i have OFB installed. :/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:21 PM
I am talking about the base game dress. It has always been hidden away from the catalogs.

No, no, if you have one of the later EPs, it's available in the catalogue. I have it and I'd never unhide that in a million years.

The blue one, as far as I remember, was available free on the Sims Store site for TS2 - I think I got it when the store first opened.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:38 PM
I don't have one of the later EPs. I only have Open For Business, H&M Fashion, and Kitchen&Bath Interior Design. So, it doesn't show up at all. I also have checked the entire adult female formal category, and it is not in there, concluding that the Maxis never has unlocked it for Best of Business collection. Weird...

Oh right - that would explain it. I think they made it available when they changed the coding to allow weddings on community lots and to allow you to use formal wear for the wedding togs. In that case, the default wedding dress would no longer be used so it got changed to be available as formal wear. I'm damned if I can remember which EP that was.

I just looked up the blue dress in my game. It uses a Celebrations mesh but I'm pretty sure I DL the actual dress from the store.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:49 PM
is the blue dress (still) available for download (now)? since the sims 2 store is down forever

and this is a link where a member placed all the lost and founds :http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?t=140049

i think the link was mentioned by another member before here on MTS
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 9:09 PM
i have double deluxe :D
thanks for the link but i only want EAxis stuff that are hidden. i wish there were unused accesories and i guess there are, all you need is to search in the game files, i guess unused accessories are considered as losts and founds right? :/

EAxis why do you like torturing us?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 9:29 PM
check this out: http://awesomelegacy.blogspot.com/2...cts-part-1.html

this person experienced "Out Electricity" scenario, its called The sims 2 beta what did not make it into the game or something like that

does anybody know anything about this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 9:46 PM
check this out too: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22557 the files for download are above or under the pics, check which is for which

also found this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ist:Maxis_Match

go to the list under "Hidden Maxis Items Unlocked" its easy

hope it helps im really excited :D
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#21 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
check this out: http://awesomelegacy.blogspot.com/2...cts-part-1.html

this person experienced "Out Electricity" scenario, its called The sims 2 beta what did not make it into the game or something like that

does anybody know anything about this?

Yes, that was in the base game. There was a mod at one time that enabled the code. I would think it was made by ****** over at the SimsWorkshop. Is that site still up?

*I'll remember the name in a minute.

Edit - answering myself: Carrigon and yes, it is. And what's more, here's the hack.

http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=2549

HOWEVER - this was a base game mod - long, long before Seasons was released. The coding for the weather was in the game from the start but wasn't implemented until Seasons. The power outage scenario got left out when the EP was released. Sooo - this might well clash with your game if you have Seasons. So use it at your peril. It might well be possible to make a smaller hack that just does the outage scenario but AFAIK, no-one's ever done it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:46 PM
oh no i need to sign too!!!

But since it might have conflicts with the game i think its best not to download it

anyway thanks
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
oh no i need to sign too!!!

But since it might have conflicts with the game i think its best not to download it

Carrigon's hacks are usually reliable though that is pretty old. I enjoyed the power outage scenario when I tried it. I think I might give it a try again and see if it conflicts with Seasons.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:57 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 19th Jul 2011 at 4:43 PM.
ah Maxon thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

im just scared that it might destroy my game

back up first and goodluck!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:58 PM
does choosing a hair type for sim would be recorded in his character file?
(dont worry i have a point for this)
Page 1 of 8