Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 7:48 AM Last edited by justJones : 11th Feb 2014 at 6:12 PM.
Default The Princess Challenge
I've decided that, after The Challenging Challenge, each of the challenges I make shall be made in the same format. And, since my Sims juice is brewing, I figure it's time for another one.
The first thing I thought of when I started this challenge was kingdoms. Throughout the years, there's nothing that gets me brewing more than kingdoms.
Well...almost nothing.
And so I have decided to make this Princess Challenge for you. Like the Challenging Challenge, it is a legacy challenge with several generations, each with goals you must complete and a theme to each of them. Some are based off princesses, and others are not.
Well...maybe others are not.
This challenge is different from most other legacy challenges because each generation starts when the baby is born and ends when they have a child, instead of starting when they become a YA. Keep this in mind when you're having kids, and think about which one will carry on the legacy.
NOTE: I suggest the first-born
You WILL need to use a cleared town without a school or everyday jobs, and keep in mind that you may need to make a prince or princess for each generation. Your King and Queen may get jobs, but you should probably use motherlodes once a week from the citizens' taxes.

GENERATION 1: Rapunzel (I think that's how you spell it)
With their kingdom so new, your King and Queen can't help but notice how fragile it really is. And they have discovered that a neighboring kingdom is threatening war. In need of a solution, your King and Queen are desparate for help. One night they meet an old woman with green skin who claims that she can keep them out of war. All they need to do is hand over their first-born child to her when it is born, and war will stay out of their hair. The King and Queen agree, and war does not occur. Keeping their end of the deal, they give their first-born child to the old woman, who keeps it in a high-up tower as soon as it becomes a child and leaves it there alone.
THE GOAL: Your prince or princess must fend for themselves in the tower until they become a YA, making their own food and working on skills. They must never leave.

GENERATION 2: Sleeping Beauty
After the death of the old woman, your prince or princess was freed from the tower and returned to the castle, where they were welcomed back with open arms. As soon as they married, they became King or Queen and their parents and siblings moved out. But, one day, another green old woman entered the castle and started yelling at your sim, claiming that they were the first old woman's sister and blaming your sim for her death. In her rage, she vowed that as soon as the next child of the King and Queen was born, it would be cursed. With what, the King and Queen didn't know.
THE GOAL: When your sim has become a teenager, force them to sleep for twenty sim hours every day. The curse is lifted when your sim has been kissed by someone.

GENERATION 3: Snow White
The sim of your past generation must have gotten a lot of beauty sleep, because they really are vain. They hate it when someone insults them, and exiles them from the kingdom whenever it happens. But now people are talking and saying that their son or daughter might even be prettier (or handsomer) than them. Outraged, the King and Queen exhile their child and force them to live with seven irritable strangers inside the kingdom until they can rule.
GOAL: Cook and clean (even if it's a prince) for the seven Hot-Headed and Mean-Spirited strangers, getting locked in your room whenever you fight with one of them.

GENERATION 4: Arial(ish)
Now that your sim is ruling, they have vowed to never treat their child the way their parents treated them. And when your child is born, they are babied and spoiled. And yet your child is not happy. They claim that they will never be content until they can marry someone with colorful skin.
GOAL: Make your prince or princess meet someone with green, blue, or red skin and sneek out after curfew to see them. It's okay if they get caught by the cops. It gets their point across better.

GENERATION 5: Aladdin (kinda)
Your now-ruling sim knows better than anyone what it's like to be in love with someone you shouldn't be in love with. But they also know that they shouldn't be in love with them for a reason. They didn't end up marrying their strangely-colored partner, and they have seen the error of their ways. And yet their oldest child who is next in line for the throne has their eye on a commoner.
GOAL: Become a romantic interest with someone who is poor and Try-For-Baby with them without getting married. Then get kicked-out from the castle and live like a commoner.

GENERATION 6: Cinderella
Your now-teenage sim has had a hard life. Their parent remarried someone even they didn't like, and had two children with them as well. But afterwards, your sim's parent died, and your long-lost prince or princess is forced to cook and clean for their cruel step-family.
GOAL: Meet someone else who is royal and marry them!!!!

So there you have it!! The Princess Challenge!!! But don't let the name fool you. Step out of your comfort zone and try making all your heirs male. It might be weird at first, but it will certainly make things more entertaining.
Obviously, you're going to have to make some more families besides your one legacy, and houses as well, so plan ahead and feel free to download houses if you wish.
If there's anything I missed or something you have a question about, PLEASE comment!
As for rules, simply don't use cheats that aren't money-related and have fun!!!!
That sounds kinda corny...
But seriously, I'd LOVE to see pictures of you guys doing this challenge. It would make my life. :lovestruc Well, maybe not my LIFE...but certainly my day.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 12:45 PM
hehe this sounds so fun...

Don't Cry for me I'm ordinary and unimportant
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 6:02 PM
Great challenge, I'm not big into legacys, but this one is one I MUST try! Keep em' coming!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 6:21 AM
Thanks for trying it! I'm not big into legacies either, but the people love em. :P
Keep me posted on your peoples!!! :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 9:28 AM
I decided I must try this challenge and as a result I now have a teen 3 days away from becoming a young adult and since there was a request for pictures. Here he is my "Rapunzel":

Prince Rupert Royale. He's close to maxing his logic and his painting skills. I hope to add the lovely pictures of him and his eventual wife at some point in time in the future.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:55 AM
For Rapunzel, do you start with a child, since toddlers can't cook? Or do you make the parents in CAS, have the kid, then move her/him into a tower with a green-skinned woman (or man) who raises her/him to childhood? (I'm pretty sure you can do that in edit town mode.
How does Snow White get out of the dwarf house and back to the castle? She can't get pregnant (without a hack) while she's living with 7 other Sims.
For Cinderella, does royal mean rich? And is this in the same house as the previous generation, back in the castle, or in a new (bigger) house that isn't the family castle?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:31 AM
First of all, for Rapunzel, you should start off with just the parents and then make them have the kid afterwards. Then move the baby in with the green-skinned person and have them take care of it until it becomes a child. Then you can make them become enemies and the child will live in the tower.

For Snow White, simply find the prince, move him into the old castle, and play his family while he propses and marries him/her. Snow White should move back in automatically.

For Cinderella, royal means anyone you want it to be. You'd probably make the prince or princess in CAS anyways, but if you're using someone who is already in the town, you probably should choose a rich person, and the castle they move into should not be the same one as previous generations.
Thanks for asking!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 12:00 AM
This challenge looks super fun. I'm definitely doing this after I finish Seven Deadly Sims.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 4:03 AM
Might try it....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by naniiscute16
Might try it....

Thanks! I hope you do!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymous Miss
This challenge looks super fun. I'm definitely doing this after I finish Seven Deadly Sims.

Awesome! I hope you'll post pictures of your progress!
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 8:11 AM
I have the PERFECT house for this challenge!!!! But instead, Imma have Rapunzel be locked in one of the castle towers... I'll post pics soon, I gotta go to bed..
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 10:58 PM
I found some realy cool stuff form my sims for this namely princess , Queen and cet om sims3.com
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 4:27 PM
oohh, this challenge looks like fun, I think I will have to start this one ^_^
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:19 AM
and I've started! ^_^
It's called The Kingdom of Waffles ^_^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 8:47 PM
Awesome! Thanks for doing the challenge!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 1:52 AM
How do we start with a "Clean Slate" neighborhood? Any neighborhood I download makes my game crash so that's out of the question for me. I read on the sims wiki that if you deleted the work places (Any work places) sims will still go to there as if it's still there.. o .o

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Celeb
How do we start with a "Clean Slate" neighborhood? Any neighborhood I download makes my game crash so that's out of the question for me. I read on the sims wiki that if you deleted the work places (Any work places) sims will still go to there as if it's still there.. o .o

I don't know about the crashing issues, but I can tell you that I've deleted the school building and my sim children/teens never try to go to school.
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 5:11 PM
And I've finished the challenge! ^__^
Here's the last post
http://kingdom-of-waffles.tumblr.co...last-generation
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 8:57 AM
I started one a few days ago, I'm having fun doing this.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/f.../topicseen.html