Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Variable Meal Servings -Updated 07/05/2012

by Neder Posted 29th Jul 2011 at 5:03 AM - Updated 5th Jul 2012 at 7:14 PM by Neder : Fixed improper setting application

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:15 AM
This is such a great idea! Thanks for making and sharing this fab mod with us.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:28 AM
Very useful!

edit: I need to check if this conflicts with the mods that make sims eat in reasonable areas, hope not.

Quoted for truth! :D
"Thanks to the Sims 2 Community for sticking with a game that is superior in many ways. Continued support from creators and players keeps it fresh and interesting."
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 6:41 AM
You are a GENIUS. Thanks you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 8:26 AM
This is pretty awesome and such a great idea. No more making servings of 6 for a family of two!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 9:36 AM
I really like this, but I think I already have a mod that my sims always serve 8 plates I think. So I guess that will conflict with this and that I have to delete it first.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
RETROTROUT
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 10:14 AM
Great job, it kind of reminds me of the Power Fridge that someone once posted here a long time ago :D
Instructor
#8 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 10:26 AM
Sorry for being dumb: does this allow different serving sizes to be set by household, or only for the entire game?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 11:51 AM
Thank you! I have lotfullofsims and about 40 sims, and they've all got the flu. Only one person knows how to cook soup, but he'd be there all day if he could only cook the default. Question though - if I X out of serving and make everyone collect their own meals, will it still have the amount of servings I choose?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 11:52 AM Last edited by Neder : 29th Jul 2011 at 1:25 PM. Reason: Response to poster
CatofEvilGenius, I tried to make this mod as conflict-free as possible (difficult when you're altering Semi-globals). I have left all food-based constants untouched- including serving size, strangely enough. My mod overrides the latter during meal creation, but only if you tell it to do so.

lientebollemeis, that's "Dinner for 8" and no, this won't conflict with it (although 8 serving meals will now cost 33% more than 6 serving meals). Houses with no object keep their default (even if a mod changes that).

retrorut, christianlov is one of my favorite modders. The power fridge is a cheat object. This lets your regular gameplay make more sense.

Gwenke33, each house with a VMS can have it's own serving size (which can be changed at any time). You can set it for 4 and make 4 servings of breakfast and lunch, then set it for 9 if you invite friends for dinner. The count stays on the object, which stays on the lot. Houses without the object still always use the default.

Sushigal007, yes, serving size is set when the Sim begins the cook action by routing to the fridge.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 4:47 PM
Fantastic! I don't always want all those leftovers about but funny enough I feel guilty about not saving them (I guess my Mom did a good job on me). Keeps my Sims from earning valuable skill points if they have a fridge full of leftovers. I'm assuming this applies to fresh produce meals and fish as well?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:07 PM
As far as I've been able to see, yes. I've already updated once, so I hope if folks find issues they report them, because I'd like to see this running perfectly in all game versions.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:42 PM
Wow, this is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:47 PM
Wow!! Awesome. Where has this mod been all my life?! Simple, brilliant. Seriously, it's a great idea and looks very well done. Thank you 1000x!!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neder
Sushigal007, yes, serving size is set when the Sim begins the cook action by routing to the fridge.

Excellent, thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 9:59 PM
Brilliant! Thank you so much for creating this!
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 1:22 AM
Awesome.

One question though, will the amount of portions affect the amount of food used from the fridge? Like 2 servings using a lot less food then 20 servings?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 1:34 AM
Yes. That's what this means:
Quote:
"Cost" in food units is adjusted based on serving size.
I had originally overlooked that, but the mods caught it and it was fixed prior to approval.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 2:00 AM
This is great,no more hassle with leftovers. Thanks for sharing another brilliant idea& your hard work. Keep up the good work.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 3:59 AM
Thank you.
And: you're a genius.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 6:49 AM
What a fantastic idea! Thanks so much for this. 8D One question: can it be used on community lots? I'd love my sims to stop grilling for every sim in the neighbourhood.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 9:14 AM
Thanks Neder for the explanation. Does this work for custom food too?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 10:39 AM
Yes. That's what this means:
I had originally overlooked that, but the mods caught it and it was fixed prior to approval.

Doh. Sorry, stupid question. Had a long day, and it was very late at night, i must not have absorbed everything i read. Thanks for answering my stupid question. And for making this, it went straight into my downloads folder. I think it's going to be one of those musthaves for me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 12:40 PM Last edited by Neder : 30th Jul 2011 at 4:34 PM.
xanthippe1111, I had originally intended for it to work on community lots (it's buy enabled), but grilling on comm lots, where there's no fridge, uses a separate set of BHAVs that apparently bypass this mod.
It's something I didn't consider essential, but I'll look into it and see if I can get that in the next update.
EDIT- now should work on Comm lots with plug-in
lientebollemeis,
Quote:
Should work with custom food as well
Now I said "should" because I don't use any custom food in my game, so I never tested it. However, I did download a few custom foods and cracked open their packages, and as long as they don't overwrite the 2 files I altered (and they shouldn't) and as long as all the constants are assigned in the typical way (and they should be), then it "should" work.
I'm hoping for folks to give it a try and let me know
That way if it doesn't work, hopefully I can figure out why.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 1:04 PM
Now I said "should" because I don't use any custom food in my game, so I never tested it. However, I did download a few custom foods and cracked open their packages, and as long as they don't overwrite the 2 files I altered (and they shouldn't) and as long as all the constants are assigned in the typical way (and they should be), then it "should" work.
I'm hoping for folks to give it a try and let me know
That way if it doesn't work, hopefully I can figure out why.

We were talking about this new shiny on simbology, and someone there had tested it with custom foods already, and said the ones she had tested worked well with it.
Page 1 of 5