Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hold Me -- Couple's Poses

by spladoum Posted 7th Aug 2011 at 5:15 AM - Updated 26th Aug 2011 at 7:36 PM by spladoum

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:39 AM
Seriously, these are amazing! The careful attention to detail really sets these apart from most poseboxes. Thanks so much for making these; look forward to seeing more of your work!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 6:35 AM
Oh, 5/6 are really cute! These are well made and useful.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 8:30 AM
Bed pose is really sweet!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:19 AM
Beautiful and natural, thanks =)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:42 AM
These look great. Will definitely be using these for my legacy couple! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 1:45 PM
This is great pose pack. I love that.Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 3:50 PM
Will these poses work for gay couples?
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissLadyVenom
Will these poses work for gay couples?

"Male" and "female" labels are just to let you know who's modelling the poses. Old habit. LOL. You can totally use the poses with a same-sex couple.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 1:13 AM
These poses are great! Thanks for sharing them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 9:16 PM
brill! how do you remember the poses names?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 11:19 PM
Thank you for these, they're very realistic!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgeek11
brill! how do you remember the poses names?

If you are using the latest edition of the Pose Player, the poses are already auto-entered under the "Select Pose from List" option. You don't have to remember the names.
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 12:14 PM
Just wanted to thank you for such quality made poses!
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 3:12 PM
how do you use them?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 6:13 PM
Your poses are amazing. Can I ask, how did you make couple poses? Please. You know some tutorial, how to create couple poses. Thanks.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 3cherry3
Your poses are amazing. Can I ask, how did you make couple poses? Please. You know some tutorial, how to create couple poses. Thanks.

There isn't a tutorial per se. If you can create a pose, you can also create a couple's pose.

1) After you finish animating your model, setting the keyframe, exporting as a .smd, etc., re-animate the model and export it as a wavefront obj. file.

2) Open a new model, import their .smd file.

3) Import your wavefront obj. file of your first model and build your second pose around them. Rinse, wash, repeat until you're happy with the way they both look together.

That's it. Easy, huh?
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 1:16 PM
Default sims is underground
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
There isn't a tutorial per se. If you can create a pose, you can also create a couple's pose.

1) After you finish animating your model, setting the keyframe, exporting as a .smd, etc., re-animate the model and export it as a wavefront obj. file.

2) Open a new model, import their .smd file.

3) Import your wavefront obj. file of your first model and build your second pose around them. Rinse, wash, repeat until you're happy with the way they both look together.

That's it. Easy, huh?

Thank you. I tried it, but when I got pose for male sims, he was under ground. What I do bad? Please...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 1:34 AM
Default Just a Lot of Thanks
Spladoum!!! Seriously love this set of poses, very sweet, very caring, things sims should be doing but oddly don't. . .these also work really well as lead-ups to pillow talk. So, THANKS for the great work!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 3cherry3
Thank you. I tried it, but when I got pose for male sims, he was under ground. What I do bad? Please...

When this has happened to me in the past, it was because I moved or rotated the sim using the "root" joint. Try using "root_Bind." I've never a problem with that one.

You may want to take any further technical questions to the main pose creation thread. I have upcoming exams, so I'm not going to be able to check in much this week.
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:33 AM
Default Couple poses
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
When this has happened to me in the past, it was because I moved or rotated the sim using the "root" joint. Try using "root_Bind." I've never a problem with that one.

You may want to take any further technical questions to the main pose creation thread. I have upcoming exams, so I'm not going to be able to check in much this week.

Thank you very much. You really helped me. Finally I created couple poses.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 6:49 PM
Thanks for sharing. These poses are cute cute cuteeee!
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 2:49 PM
How do you use them?Ive looked everywhere and can't find it! :'(
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 4:51 AM
These are lovely♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 4:49 PM
Thanks for creatig and making it
Page 1 of 2