Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 11:30 PM Last edited by VioletPadfoot : 22nd Apr 2012 at 1:50 PM. Reason: Added Rule
Default Harry Potter Roleplay: Open to Everyone
Harry Potter Roleplay

RoseGirl101 wanted to do a HP Roleplay, but it needed structure, so I jumped in to help and here's what we came up with.

We have decided to start with when Harry's Year receives their Hogwarts Letters, so roughly mid June 1991. Canon events can happen, but don't have to. If you want the event to happen, get with the other involved characters (if they are claimed at the event's time) to plan if needed. So Harry, Ron, and Hermione don't HAVE to go after the Sorcerer's (Philosopher's) Stone, Ginny doesn't HAVE to be enchanted by Tom Riddle's Diary. We are open to just about anything happening.

RULES:
*VioletPadfoot (VP) and RoseGirl101 (Rose has dropped out due to Real Life) have final say on everything. We're fairly open-minded, but someone somewhere has to say yes or no to things.

*Put your character's name as the subject of your post, so that we can keep straight who is who without constantly referring to the character list.

*Try to keep your posts to a reasonable length. Don't go too long and please don't post short 2-4 line posts. The more detail you use the better we can imagine the world, but not everything needs a description.

*Attempt to use correct spelling and grammar. We're not all professional writers, and we didn't go to school to write. But we did all have basic english classes in school (at least those of us in english speaking countries did.) Use a spell checker and try to use proper punctuation.

*Don't use someone elses character without their permission. PM or Email them if you plan on doing something that majorly involves them. (Small conversations or including them as a background character in a setting are fine) EX: "Harry" "Ron" and "Hermione" need to get together somewhere and decide what canonical events for the current Year are going to happen, since most involve all three. "Ginny" needs to be involved in the "Chamber of Secrets" storyline (unless someone else wants to take on Ginny's role in that one and we see what happens if someone else were possessed by Tom. That someone would need to contact "Ginny" to be sure SHE didn't want to do that event.)

*You can have multiple characters, IF you can keep up with all of them.

*OOC Posts: Sometimes you need to say something that isn't related to the roleplay. Go ahead and do so, but mark it as such. Try not to make a post solely for an OOC post, tack it onto the bottom of your actual post, unless you cannot do so (your character is not involved in the current storyline being discussed for example.)

*If for any reason you will not be able to play for an extended period of time, post an OOC letting us know or PM/email VP, so someone can take over your character for you. If you want to leave the RP, again let us know. Please don't leave the rest of us hanging because we need a response from you/your character and you aren't there to give it.

*Anyone who claims a cannon character (Harry, Hermione, Ron, or anyone whose name you can find in the books or on the HP Lexicon website) must post to this thread or the discussion thread (the one linked below) at least once every three weeks. Even if it's only a "Hi I'm still here" post on the discussion thread. Any one who fails to do so will no longer have claim to their cannon character unless they reclaim them on that thread. You will be notified by PM if this happens. I will attempt to remind you beforehand, but don't expect me to be your babysitter. By claiming a character, YOU are stating that you want to play, so YOU should keep up with your character.

*TO LAY CLAIM TO A CHARACTER: Please go back to the old thread started by Rose . We've decided to use that one as a place to claim characters and give people a place to plan things out so that this thread doesn't get cluttered. Your character profile still needs to be on this thread though.

***I'm giving everyone until August 21st (that's two weeks from the date this was posted) to post character profiles BEFORE we start. Anyone is more than welcome to join after that date, but anyone who has claimed a character before that date (especially those in the Trio's Year) should have their profile up by that date. If all claimed characters have a profile before then, we'll start earlier.***

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 11:31 PM Last edited by VioletPadfoot : 23rd Apr 2012 at 3:53 PM. Reason: Updating Claim Staus of Characters
Character Profile for Rose and VP's HP Roleplay

Character Name
Character Age, Year, and House (if applicable)
Blood Status (Pureblood, Half-Blood or Muggleborn. Detail your parentage if necessary.)
Bio (Tell us about your character (even if he/she is a major character in the books) including what he/she looks like.) (You may include a picture, but honestly if you imagine your character to look like the actor/actress who portrays him/her in the movie, it's not necessary.)

Optional but not necessary:
Favorite Subject
Pet
Family/ Close Friends
Anything else really that you think we should know

Claimed Characters:
Ginny Weasley - VioletPadfoot
The Grey Lady (Helena Ravenclaw) - vhanster
Harry Potter - vhanster
Severus Snape - Elyasis
Ingrid Woolf (OC) - lethifold
Avarielle Hamlet (OC) - Elaysis
Holly Gardenia (OC) - minimogut
Cadmus Vladmir (OC) - vhanster
Elise Mason (OC) - KindGenius
Theodore "Teddy" Pritchard (OC) - lethifold
Hermione Granger - -unclaimed-
Luna Lovegood - -unclaimed-
Quirinus Quirrell - -unclaimed-
Minerva McGonagall - -unclaimed-
Angelina Johnson - -unclaimed-
Albus Dumbledore - -unclaimed-
Fred Weasley - -unclaimed-
George Weasley - -unclaimed-

Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 12:15 AM
Mine's insanely basic mostly b/c most of the stuff for Ginny that's in the "optional" section comes into play later anyway (like Arnold her pet pygmy puff)

Name: Ginny Weasley
Blood Status: Pureblood
Bio: Looks: I image Ginny looks much like Bonnie Wright, but anywhere that the book description differs, the book takes precedence. Personality: As much like the books as I can make her, so Spunky, Headstrong and Unafraid to try anything, because “growing up with Fred and George … you sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” (Ch 29 of OotP)

Instructor
#4 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 1:18 AM Last edited by lorenrose1013 : 7th Aug 2011 at 1:18 AM. Reason: witch instead of wizard
Mine's going to be a *little* more than Ginny's, mainly to set my own parameters for how I act as the character.

Name: Luna (Loony) Lovegood
Blood Status: I'm going to say half-blood because you don't know much about her mum. I'll imagine she's muggle-born(although the book says she was an extraordinary witch, she could still be muggle-born
Bio:
(Straight from OotP) She had straggly, waist-length, dirty blonde hair, very pale eyebrows, and (pale) protuberant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look. ...The girl gave off a look of dottiness. ..wand behind ear, butterbeer necklace, upside down magazine, singsong voice. I like the way she's portrayed in the movies, and that has stuck with me.

Her mother died preforming a spell in front of her only a year ago. Since then she's been quite withdrawn and started showing more of an interest in her father's insane creatures, occasionally accompanying him on expeditions for Crumple-Horned Snorkacks.

Fav. Luna Quote: "You're just as sane as I am"
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 3:29 AM Last edited by PixCii : 20th Aug 2011 at 1:48 AM.
(Considering the fact that my character is an OC, there was a lot more to cover in regards to her background and whatnot. It's not all entirely relevant, but I wrote it more for my amusement than anything. Also, cookies to whoever gets the reference of her cat's name.)

Name
Ingrid Woolf

Year
Third year

House
Ravenclaw

Blood Status
Pureblood; on her mother’s side, she is descended from Artemesia Lufkin, the first female Minister for Magic (1798-1811). Her father’s side of the family is related to Percival Pratt, a wizard poet.

Biography
Having been born on the seventh of July, Ingrid’s grandmother believed Ingrid was destined to be a powerful witch thanks to the power of the number seven in magical culture. As her grandmother had predicted this power, she immediately launched into teaching Ingrid all about the wizarding world, giving her a children’s version of Hogwarts: A History for her third birthday. By this point, Ingrid was already showing signs of her heritage, levitating her father on two separate occasions when she was not ready for nap time to start.

By her fifth birthday, Ingrid had begun home schooling in basic muggle subjects, such as maths. Her parents and grandmother wished to give her the best education possible, focusing not only on magical abilities, but also a general worldly knowledge. When she was six, Ingrid began taking French lessons, her family travelling to France every summer for two months to fully immerse her in the culture and language.

Up until her ninth birthday, Ingrid was able to maintain this charmed lifestyle, excelling in all areas of study. However, two days after her birthday, her grandmother fell ill with Dragon Pox and passed away a week later. The tragedy tore Ingrid to pieces as she was closer to her grandmother than she was to anyone else. If any good thing came from her grandmother’s death, it was the proof that Ingrid was indeed destined to become a powerful witch, causing half the plants in the family’s garden to wither and die upon hearing the bad news.

Working hard to make her grandmother proud, Ingrid continued to work impossibly hard to maintain excellent results in her home schooling lessons. She quickly advanced in her French lessons and was beginning to show a control over her magic which few youths have. Upon her eleventh birthday, Ingrid received two letters regarding her magical education. The first was from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, offering her a place not only due to her magical ability, but also due to her ability to speak French so fluently. Her grandmother had put her name down at Beauxbatons upon Ingrid’s birth, and though she wished to honour her grandmother’s wishes, Ingrid’s mother was distraught at the thought of her only child being so far away from home.

As a result, Ingrid accepted a place at Hogwarts once she received her letter. Though her mother was still upset that she did not wish to continue home schooling, this time with a magical course, she acquiesced to Ingrid’s wishes and on September first, Ingrid departed via the Hogwarts Express. She was sorted into Ravenclaw due to her abilities both magical and non-magical, and excelled in all of her classes. However, she is aware how annoyed her classmates get when a student answers too many questions and becomes a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ and has reigned her answering in since an unfortunate incident in first year when she was confronted by a group of Slytherin girls following a particularly fascinating Charms lesson.

Her family still make annual trips to France to keep Ingrid’s bilingual nature alive, and she hopes to further her studies at a magical academy in France post-Hogwarts.

Appearance
Ingrid is tall for her age, with quite a slender build. Her hair is blonde, curly and unruly, falling below her shoulder blades. Her eyes are large and bright green and her face is quite soft and round, with soft pink lips and a small smattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks. She is most often seen with a quill tucked behind her ear and a stack of books in her arms. When reading for long periods of time, she requires the use of thick, black-rimmed reading glasses which are often seen resting atop her head.

Favourite Subject
Transfiguration, Charms, or Herbology. However, living in the country has also always given her a love of the stars, so Astronomy is another of her favourites.

Pet/Familiar
Female cat, white, fluffy, named Altheda
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:03 AM
Name: Hermione Granger
Year: first
House Gryffindor
Blood Status Muggleborn
Bio-
Looks: I imagine shed still look like Emma Watson
Personality: Shes a smart bookworm and at times bossy
Favorite Subject: Tranfiguration and Charms
Pet Crookshanks, a fluffy orange cat

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 1:21 AM Last edited by Elyasis : 4th Oct 2011 at 3:59 PM.
Name: Avarielle Hamlet
Year: Ickle Firstie
House: Gryffindor
Blood Status: Pureblood
Bio: Most Importantly her heritage is about a quarter Italian and the rest comes from England predominantly with a few Scottish and Welsh relatives. Her mother is Cecilia Hamlet née Prince and father Howard Hamlet. She is first cousins with Severus Snape. As well as being distant cousins to the Weasley's. But that's to be expected in such a small magical Pureblood community as the British Isles. Up until this point in time she has only heard negative things about her mother's sister and her son born to a muggle. Though not because he was a muggle per say but because of his lack of money and general uncouth behaviour. Her family believes strongly that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Her own mother had tried many times to get Eileen out of her situation with money or an offer to stay in their guest house but was refused each time on the basis that "Tobias needs me". Her own life was comfortable and she was raised by loving parents who provided her with everything she needed, and many things she didn't. When sorted she chose Gryffindor due in no small part to the fear and slight contempt she has of her cousin. Though the hat did offer Slytherin as a strong possibility along with Hufflepuff of all things. Even tried to offer Ravenclaw as a possibility but she argued quite adamantly in favor of the house she knew he'd like the least.
Personality: Stubborn mainly but also quite loyal to friends who deserve it. Not a big talker but good at listening and adapting. Reasonably talented at coursework but not one to over do it. A solid all around student. A bit less boisterous than most in Gryffindor. Less likely to butt into other's affairs.
Appearance: Mostly straight black hair to mid back that curls on the ends. Bangs that are usually swept to the sides that also curl under a little bit. Dark grey eyes that are somewhat slanted. An oval shaped face with a well shaped mouth and a straight nose. Usually wearing a serious expression. Her skin is a light olive. Slight build but will be tall and lithe if she inherits her mothers physique.
Hobbies: Ballet, Reading, Yoga, Chess, Swimming, and Quidditch.
Pets: A goshawk named Nike, after the greek goddess of victory not the shoe company. Bites anyone that tries to touch her that isn't Avarielle. Will accept letters into the letter carrier around her neck or in her beak if you take too long doing that or hesitate.

((Will this be fine? I was thinking about making her in sims 3. Couldn't find a model I liked the look of, haha.))
Scholar
#8 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 1:37 AM
Name: Holly Gardenia
House: Slytherin
Blood Stats: Pureblood
Bio: Holly Gardenia lives with her grandmother on a ranch in the British countryside, where her grandmother breeds doberman pincers. Her wand is twelve inches, whippy and is made of holly and dragon heartstring. Her father was Romanian and her mother was British. Both are dead, her mother died giving birth to her and her father died in his line of work, dragon breeding. She isn't a fan of the whole Slytherin pureblood mania and only got into Slytherin because of her ambition. She wants to do well in all subjects. She is a metamorphmagus(mainly used to annoy her wizard-hating grandmother, who makes her catch up on her muggle schooling during the summer) and can speak Romanian. For now she wishes to follow in her father's footsteps and breed dragons.
Looks:Her hair is usually a dark brown, but she turns it different colors according to the holiday or time of year. Or her mood. Unfortunately, I have not drawn her as an eleven year old, but she has slanted dark gray eyes(also change color according to holiday, time of year or mood.) When she's not wearing her Hogwarts uniform, she is wearing a black Weird Sisters shirt and a pair of ratty jeans and some knee high sneakers.(When she turns fourteen, she gets a nose piercing.)
Personality:She isn't like other Slytherins. She doesn't care about blood status and she is friendly towards all houses but her own. She likes to joke around a bunch and does not get stressed easily.
Favorite Subject: All of them, but especially Defense against the dark arts.
Pet:Her pet is a skinny black cat with large green eyes, who delivers notes to her friends in Hogwarts. His name is Umbra( romanian for shadow, because he follows Holly around a lot)

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Theorist
#9 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 5:55 AM Last edited by vhanster : 8th Aug 2013 at 1:14 AM.

Name
Cadmus Vladmir (nicknamed Cad)

Year

House
Slytherin, but who cares about houses?

Blood Status
Pure-blood. He does not really care about other people's blood status, though, and treats fellow Pure-bloods the the same way he does to half-bloods and Muggle-borns. But despite not being a supporter of Pure-blood supremacy, he does not demand nor seek equal rights for half-bloods and Muggle-borns either- preferring to stay neutral during arguments regarding such topic. He does, however, get offended if people mistook him as anything other than Pure-blood.

Bio
Cad is a pure-blood wizard, though he is of a mixed heritage. His father is a Russian while his mother is a Grecian. He is extremely wealthy; his parents, Leonid and Andrina, both came from prestigious families, and neither have any siblings to share their inheritance

Had always been given the best (albeit rigorous) training and education by the finest tutors his parents could get their hands on, ever since he showed signs of his magical heritage; as a result, his proficiency in magic is far more advanced compared to others his age- though his natural talents obviously play a prominent role in developing his exceptional skills. He is known to be able to cast several non-verbal spells and wandless magic before his fifteenth birthday.

Despite his brilliance in almost every aspect of magic, Quidditch (and flying, in general) is a major exception- although this is mainly caused by his lack of interest for outdoor activities, rather than the lack of ability. However, he does have a deep interest in the other Arts of Magic, and a desire to exploit them in every possible ways; thus, he prefers to experiment, invent, modify and apply his magical abilities with his own methods rather than following the instructions taught by his teachers and textbooks.

Cadmus used to be a student to Durmstrang Institute, before he transferred to Hogwarts in his fifth year, where he is sorted into Slytherin (the Hat briefly considered him to be a Ravenclaw, but changed its mind in the last moment). However, as a typical loner, he does not care about the housing systems, nor does he try to adapt or follow the stereotypes they seem to carry. With a motto of "Neither love nor hate no one", he shows an aloof/indifferent personality towards everyone regardless their house or blood-status (there are exceptions among his close friends; but as he hardly have any friends, these 'exceptions' don't really count).

Favorite Subject
Astronomy, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Potions and DADA.

Family / Close Friends

Andrina Vladmir, mother, a pure-blooded Grecian witch talented in wand making, and a natural ability to handle dangerous Beasts. She is directly descended from Andros the Invincible, an Ancient Greek Wizard renowned for his skill wandless Magic, and is extremely proud of her heritage.

Leonid Vladmir, father, a pure-blooded Russian Ambassador currently stationed in England. Generally displays a cold, stubborn and a relatively harsh personality while lacking the ability to show much emotion, the latter trait evidently inherited to his son. He does, however, love his wife- as he ought to, seeing that their marriage was NOT an arranged one.

Pet
Andros, the great-horned owl

Profile of my OC. For the canon character, I plan to take one or two of the Founders, but that'll come later I guess... By the way, is it just me or is my character the only guy here?
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 7:34 AM
@vhanster: You are the first to post a male character (I noticed as I was updating the claimed characters list earlier.) I'm thinking of altering my OC into a guy. It's planned as a girl but could easily be switched, and I think I might have more fun if I did change it... Now I've convinced myself. I'll be back soon (hopefully) with his profile.

Instructor
#11 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 10:00 AM
Name: Severus Tobias Snape
Year: N/A
House: Head of Slytherin House
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Bio: Horrid so far. One small satisfaction in life is the safety and relative quiet Hogwarts provides. That and making Hufflepuffs cry.
Personality: Which one? All of them have one thing in common, he's not an easy man to get to know, let alone like. He doesn't set out to make friends, as such he has the luxury of being as sharp tongued as he likes. As a teacher he is beyond demanding, he doesn't suffer fools gladly and each and every student is a fool in his eyes. Yes, even his Slytherins though he gives them a little leeway. Partially to keep up appearances and also because his own house is often the outcasts of school. As Head of House he is patient but not approachable. He won't make tea and biscuits and let you cry all over his robes. But he offers practical advice to those in his house who seek it. He has few friends, if any. He is stand offish to his colleages, except to Minerva who he riles up to get her reaction. He tolerates her to an extent.
Appearance: Inky hair that falls about his face lankly. Sallow skin. Hooked nose. Could use some toothpaste and mouthwash. Very thin bordering on gaunt. Completely black irises. Wears black robes and a cape. Shows the minimum amount of skin possible. Moves fluidly, quietly, sweeping down the halls somewhat dramatically only when a dramatic presence is needed.
Hobbies: Reflecting on the past, keeping up with current trends in Potions, coming up with improvements on certain potions, experimenting with spell creation.
Pets: Not a pet person. When he has need of an owl he uses the school owls.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 9:01 PM Last edited by KindGenius : 26th Aug 2011 at 5:36 PM.
Name:Elise Mason
House:Griffyndor
Blood status:Half-Blood
Bio:Elise is a halfblood.Her mother is a pure-blood witch,and her father is a muggle-born wizard who works at the ministry.She works in Hogwarts as a guard(makes sure all the defensive spells are put on the territory,and if they are not,she casts them),as her family isn't very rich.People rarely see her,but sometimes she dinners at the Great Hall.Has teleckinesis powers."Anithing is possible!"-that's her motto.She likes to help people and she helps them,even sometimes sacrifising her own happiness.Single.Has good DADA,Herbolgy and Potions skills.
Personality:She is logical,but listens to her ituition too.She is purposeful,put can sacrifise her goals for justice and other's happiness.Has good leadership skills.Wery persuasive.She is patient,kind,loyal,and honest.A bit rebel.
Appearance:She is tall and athletic.Has long curly golden hair,oval face,big chocolate eyes,white teeth and pale skin.Wears sky blue robe with a brown leather belt.

Hobbies:Experimenting with spells,potions,and other magical stuff,inventing magical stuff,reading books(but not obsessed with them as Hermione),travelling,playing Quiddich(but she doesn't have time to play it),reading magical newspapers.
Pets:A female owl called June.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 2:37 AM

Name
Theodore “Teddy” Pritchard

Year
Fifth year

House
Slytherin

Blood Status
Pureblood; if you trace his family history back far enough, it can be seen that Teddy is (distantly) descended from Salazar Slytherin himself on his father’s side. His mother had close family ties to the Black family.

Biography
The Pritchard family is synonymous with a life of fast brooms, money, and lavish parties, and Teddy Pritchard is no exception to that rule. With a father who has a foot in both the wizarding and muggle stock market (he isn’t a fan of muggles, but will do anything to boost his family’s wealth and status), Teddy has grown up surrounded by business talk. His father has always been more than willing to give anything Teddy wants to him, and as such, he has never wanted for anything.

However, his life has not always been so lavish. During Teddy’s birth, there were massive complications which led to the death of his mother. With his father grief stricken, the first year and a half of Teddy’s life was spent entirely in the care of a house elf with little to no contact from the senior Pritchard. After almost two years of little to no contact, during which time the Pritchard family fortune had slowly started to decline, Rufus Pritchard, Teddy’s father, managed to pull himself out of his grief and begin acting more like a father to Teddy. While the sentiment was there, Rufus was not sure of exactly how to interact with a child, treating his son more as a business partner than anything throughout his entire childhood and early adolescence.

With the aid of his father’s money, Teddy was able to secure the best tutors prior to his attendance at Hogwarts. School was never a top priority, though, as he is the only heir to the Pritchard business and fortune and will inherit it immediately upon his father’s retirement. As such, all he needs to do is put a good face to the press and be schooled in the art of finance in order to gain a successful, high paid career. Whilst this is theoretically simple, Teddy, like all other fifteen year old boys, has a different thing on his mind.

Considered a bit of a ladies man around Hogwarts, Teddy has many flames around the school. Whilst some are after a long term relationship in order to hopefully secure some of his family’s fortune, many are just keen to be seen holding hands or locking lips with one of the richest young wizards in Europe. With no real eye on any witch, Teddy is more than happy to entertain female company from all of the school’s houses.

Not only is he a bit of a ladies man, he’s also a party boy, throwing lavish parties in the Slytherin commons every now and then. Everyone in the school, particularly those within his own house, know that he is the man to turn to if they require any form of substance for a party, as he is more than able to get his hands on whatever is requested.

Despite his reputation, Theodore achieves high grades as he doesn’t wish to disappoint his father. He hopes that his father will one day see him as a son, rather than a business partner, and aims to get to this point in their relationship by achieving highly in all facets of his life.

Favourite Subject
Arithmancy and Ancient Runes

Familiar
Verreaux’s Eagle-Owl named Blasius
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 12:34 PM
HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
-------------------
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc. Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confederation of Wizards)

Dear Student,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress

OOC: We're starting! Anyone who wishes may still add a character and join us. Everyone who already has a character: Start Posting!

Instructor
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:40 AM Last edited by Elyasis : 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:00 AM.
Avarielle read her letter excitedly. This day was mostly symbolic but a part of her felt it was also a long time in coming. "It's arrived, my letter has arrived."

"Avarielle, address your audience properly. It's important." Her father was holding back a smile. But she could see him struggling to hold it in.

"Yes, Father. I'm sorry I was just so overcome with excitement I forgot my manners."

"Very well. I'll pen your letter to let them know you have accepted and your Mother will no doubt want to take you to Diagon Alley after her morning ablutions."

Avarielle only nodded and went back to her toast and jam. Munching lightly as her father muttered something about silly women. It was her turn to hold back a grin, only her youth only managed to make it wider when it finally appeared.

~~~000~~~

Severus was called into the Headmaster's office almost directly after the letters had all been sent. He didn't see what was so urgent that it required him to move from his quarters so early during summer break. Though it was rare that he ever indulged in what could even loosely be termed a 'break'. A fact of which Albus, wizened though he was, consistently chose to harp on and on about. 'Severus, you really should go to the beach sometime. It might liven up your complexion.' 'My boy, you should come to Barbados with me, there are some lovely cabana boys...' He usually blocked out anything Albus would say after cabana boys. He figured his mind didn't need anything more to torture him about.

"Yes, Headmaster?" He stood stoically, barely in the room. The noise of the contraptions gave him an awful migraine and they only got more cacophonous the farther one went in.

Albus looked at him a bit too seriously and said, "You know what I expect from you this year of all years. It's important to remember exactly what you have promised me even when situations might seem out of hand."

He barked a laugh that seemed strangled upon it's birth. It was a truly pitiful sound. "Of course, Head master. I am at your whim."

"Then you have reconsidered Barbados?" The headmaster seemed all too pleased when he simply scoffed and swept out the door.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 1:12 AM
Default Theodore Pritchard
Theodore Pritchard watched Blasius swoop down upon him, dropping a familiar looking envelope beside his morning orange juice. The emerald script gleamed and when it was lifted, the parchment seemed heavier than usual. His father waiting expectantly, newspaper resting on the table for the moment, Teddy tore the scarlet seal open and pulled the contents onto the oak table top. A solid thud accompanied the papers and Rufus leaned forward, brow quirked and a smile threatening his lips. Theodore pushed the papers away to find a brightly shined badge with an elegantly curved golden P on a background of green.

“Prefect. Congratulations,” Rufus said. His voice remained flat and he returned to the newspaper, but Theo knew that he had at last done something to please his father.

The remaining papers bore little of interest; book lists, primarily, and a reminder of the importance of O.W.L’s which he was to take at the conclusion of the year. A hand running through his hair, he gathered the remaining contents of the letter and clenched them in his fist, picking up the pin last.

“I’ll head into Diagon Alley tomorrow, father,” he said before exiting the sun room where they had taken breakfast that morning. There was no reply other than the rustle of paper as Rufus Pritchard finished reading through his morning copy of The Financial Times.

Entering his bedroom, decorated in dark greys and traditional Slytherin green, Teddy fell back onto his bed, staring at the ceiling which mirrored the one in the Great Hall at Hogwarts. It was a bright day, blue sky and fluffy white clouds. He allowed himself a moment of celebration in the privacy of his own room, a broad grin and a loud clap of enthusiasm.
Scholar
#17 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 2:47 AM
Holly looked at her letter excitedly.
"Bunica! I got the letter! I got it!" It was more to convince myself that I said it out loud. I knew Bunica would be disappointed, she wanted me to be normal, not a freak.
"Letter from who?" My grandmother walked in, graciously ignoring the posters that plastered my bedroom door and walls. "I didn't think you had any school friends."
"No, I got the letter from..." I checked the letter again. "From Hogwarts!"
"What?!? No, I absolutely forbid it! You need things I can't afford, things I absolutely refuse to buy-"
"Bunica, I have to go. You tried to stop mum. Dad told me that didn't work so well. You tried to stop the marriage, too, but that didn't work either. I have the money I need for the books and things, and I'll walk to London if I have to."
Bunica looked skyward, and I felt guilty for a very small period of time. "Fine. I will drive you to London, you can have your mother and father's play money and you can go to that crooked school. But I will not support you later on, especially if you marry a delinquent, like your mother."
I rolled my eyes. "I'm only eleven, Bunica. I'm not going to be marrying anyone for quite a while."

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Instructor
#18 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 4:41 AM
Luna floated down the spiral stairs and into the kitchen. She looked curiously at the calender carved into the wall, and realized with a start what day it was. She tried to think about the happier meanings of this day. It was the when the train would leave from 9 and 3/4. It was the day young witches and wizards would depart for Hogwarts. It was a day which, in a year, would have her waving goodbye to her father as she too boarded the train. But it was also a very sad day for the Luna. It was the that her mother died, just one year ago.

She still remembered it quite clearly; they were dancing outside in the garden as her mother preformed little spells to amuse her. But just as Mrs. Lovegood was getting to the grand finale, there was a flash and a bang. An explosion erupted from the tip of her wand, and the force of it threw Luna back 30 ft, and sent her rolling down a hill and into the stream. It was also enough to stop her mothers heart, killing her instantly. Everything after that was a bit of a blur, and even now she could hardly remember the days that had followed.

Coming out of her reverie, she dutifully got up and went out to the garden. At the place her mother's life had ended, now sat a beautiful ring of flowers, forming a circle around the patch of dirt that hadn't quite grown back. Luna picked a few of the prettiest ones and walked over to her mothers grave, arranging them beautifully around it. But Luna didn't cry; instead, she just looked up at the sky and hoped her mother was looking back.
Theorist
#19 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 7:50 AM Last edited by vhanster : 21st Nov 2011 at 4:03 PM.
A fluff of brown feathers swooped into the Library of the Vladmir Mansion in St. Petersburg, Russia, dropping a letter with the Hogwarts seal on it, before flying back to its home. The letter was then picked up by a Grecian wandmaker by the name of Andrina Vladmir, mother of the intended recipient of the letter: Mr Vladmir, Cadmus.

Reading through the parchment, the witch called out for her son, "CAD! Cadmus!"

She was left unanswered, though, as the boy in question was busy experimenting with his Potions set, and was oblivious to both her calls and the approaching sound of her impatient footsteps.

Opening the door to her son's room, Andrina coughed violently at the puff of fumes that emerged. It was only then did Cadmus noticed her presence. "What is it mother?" he asked politely, though there's evident annoyance in his voice for having his experiment interrupted. His mother sighed.

"You will be going to Hogwarts this year, son" she informed, handing to Cadmus the opened letter.

The boy raised an eyebrow at the paper she was holding, skimming through the words written there. "I see" he stated indifferently, before turning back to his cauldron to add some ingredients to the potion he was brewing then stirred at it. The liquid turned from dull grey to a glittering silver.

Andrina drew an aggravated breath and whipped out her oak wand and waved it at the cauldron. Whatever substance was inside immediately vanished. "Hey!" Cadmus protested, glaring at his mother.

"Will you, for once, stop working on your experiments and pay attention to me?" the woman replied sharply. When her son made no response, she continued, "Listen. I understand your passion to exploit magic, but it had so far caused you, and us, more trouble than it is worth. Am I to understand that you will attempt no such feats in Hogwarts?"

Cadmus nodded, somewhat sullenly, then bent down to pick up some potions ingredient to restart his earlier experiment. Andrina shook her head and walked out of the room. She could only hope that her son would not cause chaos with his "accomplishments"- as he once had.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 9:58 AM Last edited by KindGenius : 26th Aug 2011 at 5:39 PM.
Name:Quirinus Quirrell
Year:N/A
House:Ravenclaw
Blood status:Half-blood
Biography:

Quirinus Quirrell was born somewhere in the British Isles, presumably in the 1950s or 1960s, and attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where he was Sorted into Ravenclaw House in the 1960s or '70s. It is likely that he acquired his wand from Ollivander's Wand Shop when he was eleven.
As a boy, Quirinus was a gifted (remembered by Rubeus Hagrid to be a "brilliant mind", reflecting his student years.) but also delicate, teased for his timidity and nerves during his school life. Feeling inadequate and wishing to prove himself, he developed an (initially theoretical) interest in the Dark Arts. The feelings of insignificance and worthlessness that this bullying fostered embittered the boy, forging a latent desire to make the world sit up and notice him.

He also most likely obtained a high-graded O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. in Muggle Studies and Defence Against the Dark Arts, since not only did he go on to teach both (the latter quite well, in fact) but was also noted to have had a gift for the theory of Defensive Magic.
Appearance:
Quirrell was a young man with a very pale skin tone and light blue eyes.
When Quirrell returned from his sabbatical in Albania, one of his eyes developed a twitch and he appeared quite pale and anxious and frequently stuttered. Wears a purple turban. He was usually trembling and prone to fainting.
Favourite Studies:
DADA
Pets:N/A
P.S:Thanks to Harry Potter Wiki for the information.
Scholar
#21 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 9:29 PM Last edited by minimogut : 30th Aug 2011 at 9:30 PM. Reason: Additional Details.
OOC: This is Holly! I finally got a picture.
Sorry the pic is so fuzzy. It shows Holly in her child, teenage and YA everyday wear.
Screenshots

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 12:53 AM
Character Name
Professor Minerva McGonagall

Character Age

Year,
attended from 1947 to 1954

House
Gryffindor

Blood Status
Half-blood

Bio
I am professor McGonagall. I worked for two years at the Ministry of Magic and later returned to Hogwarts, where I became Head of Gryffindor House, Transfiguration professor and concurrently, at differing times, Deputy Headmistress and Headmistress of Hogwarts. I was also a member of the first and second order of the Phoenix. I have taken place in several battles of both wars, including the Battle of the Astronomy Tower and the Battle of Hogwarts.

Favorite Subject
Transfiguration

Pet
I turn into a cat, at times.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:45 AM
Default Ingrid Woolf
A flurry of blonde curls bounced down the stairs and into the breakfast room where Ingrid’s mother sat, glasses perched on the edge of her nose.

“Ingrid, darling, calm yourself. What on earth is the matter?” Penelope Woolf removed her spectacles and put them to one side to observe her daughter. Ingrid had fallen into a chair at the other end of the table, smearing cream cheese on a bagel.

“My Hogwarts letter arrived. I was wanting to go to Diagon Alley today, if that was alright?”

“This is your third year at Hogwarts, Ingrid. Surely you still can’t be so excited at leaving home every year,” Ingrid’s mother sipped at her tea.

“It’s not that, mother. You know I love being here with you and dad. I just miss my friends and my classes,” the thirteen year old said around a mouthful of bagel.

“Well, if you had chosen my option and remained home schooled, you would never have to miss your classes and you could be friends with more likeminded individuals, rather than some of the people you’re forced to associate with at that school.”

“Mother,” Ingrid rolled her eyes, chewing the last of her breakfast. “Just because you were home schooled doesn’t mean it’d have been the best option for me. I love Hogwarts. I love the people there and the food and the classes. Besides, you’re always working and daddy is almost always away on business, so even if I did get to talk to other kids, the house would still be lonely.”

“Speaking of work, I have a meeting in half an hour,” Penelope said, returning her glasses to their place on her nose and rising from the table. “I’m going to be incredibly busy for the next few days, so maybe you could go to Diagon Alley by yourself, or with a friend. Sorry, darling.”

With a kiss to Ingrid’s cheek and a flash of muted gold robes, the elder witch hurried away from the room, leaving her daughter with a torn open envelope and no one to share it with.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 4:58 PM
"Welcome back",-Elise said to herself when she was standing with her cases near the entrance.She returned to Hogwarts once again,but not as as a student.This time she went to Hogwarts for work.Her parents were very poor,so she had to find a job.After finishing school,she travelled about a year,but she had to return,as her parents had wery little money.Her father worked in the Ministry,but his salary was very small.So she went to Hogwarts to work.She asked Dumbledore to give her a work as a teacher,but she was too young for it,so she was given a work as a guard.The salary wasn't very big,but at least it was bigger than her dad's.
Elise went into the castle to see Dumbledore.
Scholar
#25 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 2:50 AM
Bunica had dropped me off a block from the place. I was used to walking places on my own, though, so a block wasn't too bad.
I walked into the tavern, a little warily. The only people were adults, but that had never stopped me before.
"Excuse me, sir? I'm looking for the-"
"Out back." I was surprised by his gruffness, but was unfazed nonetheless. I walked out the door and into a small brick courtyard. Nothing. I would wait. Good things happened when I waited, I knew this from experience, but whether these were coincidences or not, I had never tried to find out. I sat on a crate and waited. I thought about Dad, and how he would be disappointed if I couldn't get in, how Bunica would laugh at me, than sic the dogs on me. I thought on what mum would think. Before I knew it, tears started rolling down my face.
"Ey now, whats the use of cryin?" I looked up in shock. A friendly face loomed over me, most of it covered in a shaggy black beard. A pale face looked at me from behind him, with brilliant green eyes. A boy.
I stood up hastily, wiping my face. "I wasn't crying!" The figure chuckled and said, "Jus foller me and Arry ere." I looked at the boy again. Harry...I thought I had heard that name before, but after-all, Harry was a common name in the British isles. I held a hand out, and Harry shook it.
"Nice to meet you." The giant chuckled and tapped a sequence out on the bricks. A hidden world revealed itself, a world I was now a part of.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD

Page 1 of 3