Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 6:22 AM Last edited by AncientSimLover : 16th Aug 2011 at 7:53 AM.
Default Your Favourite Sim Couples
Ok, so i was just wondering what are peoples favourite
sim couples. What kind of premade sims do you like to
pair up, such as sims from Pleasantview, Strangetown,
Veronaville, Riverblossem Hills, Desiderata Valley and
Belladonna Cove.

My favourite Pleasantview premade couples:

Cassandra Goth- Darren Dreamer.

Bella Goth- Don Lothario.

Angela Pleasant- Dustin Broke.

Lilith Pleasant- Dirk Dreamer.

My favourite Strangetown premade couples:

Circe Beaker- Vidcund Curious.

Lazlo Curious- Crystal Vu.

General Buzz Grunt- Kristen Loste.

Ripp Grunt- Ophelia Nigmos.

Erin Beaker- Nervous Subject.

My favourite Veronaville premade couples:

Hermia Capp- Mercutio Monty.

Juliette Capp- Romeo Monty.

Bianca Monty- Kent Capp.

So... Why not post your favourite couples.
I would love to hear what your opinions are.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 5:43 PM
Riverblossom Hills-Gabe and Alexandra O'Mackey (I always get them back together--after I change Alexandra's aspiration to Family)

Pleasantview-Don Lothario and Cassandra Goth; Dustin Broke and Angela Pleasant; Mortimer and Bella Goth (use SimPE here). Though I've actually gotten Mortimer and Brandi Broke married to each other.

Strangetown: Buzz Grunt and Erin Beaker.

Other than that, I typically hook up pre-mades with Sims I created. I delete Rose and Daisy Greenman (see another thread on how to do it safely) and marry Jason off to a Sim I create. There are some couples that are strongly suggested in some neighborhoods, and I just blow it off and hook them up with whatever Sim I want.
Site Helper
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:51 AM
Why would anyone want to reply to a thread that will be deleted against their will?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:11 AM
Because no one has replyed in two months! So if people don't
want it to be closed, then they should reply to keep it
open. Then i won't close it.

Magic is for good.
But still is misunderstood.
It lives within you.
Use it when you should.
Site Helper
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 1:56 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:06 PM.
Nonsense. I still read threads from 2005 and find them interesting.

However, I have a policy to avoid posting in threads that I know will be deleted. What's the point?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:19 PM
Fine. I'll keep it open. But the only reason why i thought it was
time to close the thread was because it only had one reply.
The point of that is, because it isn't popular, if a thread
hasn't recieved a reply in two months and only had one reply,
then the creater of the thread has every right to close it.

But, if someone replies in the meantime, then it will stay
open, but with one reply, what is there to do, give a warning
or close it.

Magic is for good.
It lives within you.
Use it when you should.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:35 PM
Can't you just let the thread be? Some thread discussions take off, some others don't. This was started in August, we were all probably too busy frolicking in the beach to reply.

Also, on topic: Ripp Grunt and Johnny Smith. Always. I feel a bit sorry for Ophelia, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:39 PM
Thank you for replying! Yes, you're right, i should let the thread be.
I'm not going to close it.

Magic is for good.
It lives within you.
Use it when you should.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 4:29 PM
Pleasantview:

Cassandra Goth Darren Dreamer

Angela Pleasant Dustin Broke

Lilith Pleasant Dirk Dreamer

Strangetown

Pascal Curious Nervous Subject

(I usually use the find-a-mate crystal ball to find a wife for Vidcund and Lazlo so that changes)

Johnny Smith Ophelia Nigmos

Veronaville:

Romeo Monty Juliette Capp

Mercutio Monty Miranda Capp

Hermia Capp Puck Summerdream

Benedick Monty Bottom Summerdream (when they grow up)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:23 PM
Cassie Goth & Darren Dreamer

Lilith Pleasant & Alexander Goth

Angela Pleasant & Dirk Dreamer

Don Lothario & Nina Caliente (not married, of course )

Dustin Broke & Ginger Newson

Brandi Broke & Trevor Ngai (just to get some awesome kids, then Brandi goes bye-bye)

Trevor Broke (ex-Ngai) & Allyn Thomason

Patricia Wan & Julien Cooke

Catherine Viejo & Sinjin Wong

Leod McGreggor & Cleo Shikibu

Gabe O'Mackey & Edith Lawson

Jules O'Mackey & Jacob Martin
Theorist
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:26 PM
For some reason I never hooked up any playables together. Well, except Dina and Mortimer, but it wasn't very interesting. And Mortimer disappointed me: after his death Dina resurrected him, but he was not in love anymore, what an ungrateful man. It was a total surprise for me that love disappears after death.

In fact, I like one couple: Malcolm Landgraab and Dina Caliente are made for each other, although I never hooked them up in my game. Dina's aspiration is money (not pleasure or something like that), so even though she's a gold digger she'd love working her own businesses, I'm sure of it.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
For some reason I never hooked up any playables together. Well, except Dina and Mortimer, but it wasn't very interesting. And Mortimer disappointed me: after his death Dina resurrected him, but he was not in love anymore, what an ungrateful man. It was a total surprise for me that love disappears after death.

Anytime a Sim dies, all love, marriage, and/or engagement ties are broken. If you resurrect a
Sim, you have to re-create all love and marriage ties.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:39 PM
Just to let everyone know. You can share pictures of your sim couples,
to show what they look like now, or just want to show what they look
like together in your game.

Magic is for good.
It lives within you.
Use it when you should.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:57 PM
Oh, we have a thread for that, it's called the Sims 2 - Sim couples . Also, there's nine of them!
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:48 PM
The only premades I always hook up with eachother are Ajay Loner with Ophelia Nigmos
Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:16 PM
It puzzles me that people want to play the same premades over and over, and play them the same way, too. If I ever start a new neighborhood with Sim State attached (and it's unlikely, as I haven't explored La Fiesta Tech or Academie La Tour yet), I would want to pair people up differently to see how they came out. In my present hood I married Allegra Gorey and Martin Ruben, Brittany Upsnott and Ashley Pitts, Castor Nova and Jane Stacks, Sam Thomas and Ty Bubbler, and Heather Huffington and Kevin Beare. Tiffany's a lesbian married to a CAS sim, Joshua was romance's plaything and didn't settle down till he met a CAS single mother after graduating, and the other Student Bin sims are married to CAS sims or matriculated townies.

In another incarnation, I think I could pair Kevin with Tiffany or Jane, Brittany with Ty or Jimmy Phoenix, Castor with Allegra, and see how the rest shook down if I didn't change Heather's aspiration and threw some Tricous in earlier than I did. It wouldn't be fun if they didn't throw me curve balls and I could plan it out too much, knew ahead of time what the kids would look like, and so on.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:20 PM
Don Lothario-Cassandra.

Yeah, I did this. At first Don continued his philandering ways, with Cassandra looking the other way. Ironically, it was Cassandra's love for Darren Dreamer that got exposed first, giving Don a certain amount of false high ground.

Don and Casandra had three vivacious daughters. Once they aged to teen, Don retired from the playboy life, as he was worried about being exposed himself. He made a very good parent. When he died of old age, Cassandra was really shaken up. She died the next day.

He has great genes, so I don't regret playing him this way.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It puzzles me that people want to play the same premades over and over, and play them the same way, too.

Well, this thread was about "your favourite Sim couples", not necessarily "the sims you always each and every time pair up"... I'm sure there's people who do, but play styles are so different, that the reasons must vary wildly as well...

Maybe people who start over often, make both old and new pairings, depending on the mood? Maybe people who always pair up the same sims, create variation through other aspects... or maybe they just enjoy the stability of safe old couples, or want to go a different way in playing a certain couple. Who knows? I think it's like with restaurants; some people eat at a different restaurant each time, some people always eat at the same one (and even order the same thing, I know people like that! XD ), and some people try new ones but also re-visit old favorites.

I've not been playing premades that long, but since some of my all-time favorite sims are descendants of certain couples, I'll probably be making some of the same pairings again at some point.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 10:37 PM
I also did Dirk and Lilith. It was successful, as they stayed together with little drama, but also kind of dull, as they were both career focused. Dirk went through three careers -- he kept on getting fired -- and wound up making a pile of money. Lilith worked hard to become mayor, but once she grabbed the brass ring, decided she didn't like it, and promptly retired to make room for her platonic protege, Banana Broke.

They had one son, Dan, who had some character issues... he plays like a passive aggressive. He did become Chief of Staff, but then he fell in love with one of his plastic surgery patients. They married, she persuaded him to stop working so much and they settled down to have two children and spend the family bank account. They drink a lot.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:43 AM Last edited by Alijah : 5th Nov 2011 at 6:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It puzzles me that people want to play the same premades over and over, and play them the same way, too.

I pretty much play exclusively pre-mades; for me, it seems more interesting to peek into their lives and stories and flaws, versus sims I make where I seem to already know everything about them and are mostly-perfect. Not to mention, I'm awful at creating sims, they always seem to look alike!

As for playing them, I often START to play them the same way but then sometimes change things based on how stuff plays out. This is because sometimes I just love or hate a certain sim and no amount of restarting the game will change that, so I break up couples or get them together based on that. A lot of the times, I'll start to play them a certain way and then change it based on how things play out; for example, I almost always married Angela Pleasant and Gavin Newson in previous games. However, in my current game, Gavin met a girl at university and had three bolts right off the break and he seemed infatuated with her, constantly rolling wants to flirt with her, regardless of his committed relationship. So I broke Angela and Gavin up and changed the couples around a bit.

As for pre-mades that I routinely get together and love the most:

Castor Nova and Jane Stacks (I love that the shy, bookworm-ish, chunky girl gets a shot at the heartthrob on campus, instead of the stereotypical sorority sisters!)

Mortimer and Bella <3

Brandi Broke and Benjamin Long

Darren Dreamer and Dina Caliente (I hate the idea of Darren following Cassandra around like a lost puppy until she finally wakes up.)

Nervous Subject and Pascal Curious

Don Lothario and Nina Caliente, Through all their conquests, they seem to prefer each other. I imagine them as being two majorly screwed-up people who have severe relationship issues, but nobody else understands them but each other.
Banned
#21 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:51 AM
Brandi Broke and Darren (Darren's the dad, right?) Dreamer.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3
Brandi Broke and Darren (Darren's the dad, right?) Dreamer.

Yeah, Darren is the dad.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 8:42 AM
Malcolm IV Landgraab and Nina Caliente (well.. they are sweet couple )

Mortimer Goth and Bella Goth (I love them from The Sims 1 (PC and PS2) until now)

Don Lothario and Dina Caliente (Don keep rolling wants about Dina and vice versa)

Daniel Pleasant and Mary-sue Pleasant (They are perfect, need to fix their relationship)

OOT: I love Gunther Goth and Cornelia Goth in the sims 1 and the sims 3. :D
Mad Poster
#24 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 12:21 PM
Ophelia Nigmos and Townie Darren Dennis. They have the most beautiful children.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 11:07 PM
Pleasantview:
Nina Caliente and Don Lothario
Angela Pleasant and Dustin Broke or Dirk Dreamer
Darren Dreamer and Dina Caliente
John Burb and Brandi Broke (great chemistry)
Lucy Burb and Beau Broke
and Mary-Sue and Daniel Pleasant always seem to get back together

Strangetown
General Buzz Grunt and Kristen Singles (Loste)
Erin Beaker and Vidcund Curious
Pascal Curious and Nervous Subject

Veronaville
Juliet Capp and Mercutio Monty
Hermia Capp and Puck Summerdream
Kent Capp and Bianca Monty
Hal Capp and Beatrice Monty
Benedick Monty and Bottom (Always rename her Faye) Summerdream
Page 1 of 2