Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Replacements: All 9 FreeTime appliances plus a bonus recolor.

by Honeywell Posted 20th Aug 2011 at 9:32 AM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Typical
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 1:09 PM
Absolutely brilliant! Thank you, Honeywell.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 1:25 PM
Huge improvement over the originals. "What were they thinking?" indeed.
Thank you
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 1:51 PM
Thanks so much for making these look like they *should* have looked in the first place.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 2:50 PM
I like what you did, but I happen to like the "blue sticker", and was wondering if you would not mind doing a version with it.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 3:39 PM
Thank you, your recolors are very nice!
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 3:54 PM
Thanks guys for taking the time to comment, I'm glad you like them. I wasn't sure if anyone else would.

Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
I like what you did, but I happen to like the "blue sticker", and was wondering if you would not mind doing a version with it.
No, I'm sorry. But I know before I started these I looked for recolors and there was a white and black set (I'm pretty sure here at MTS) that still have the blue stickers you might be interested in.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 6:33 PM
Thank you for this! They look so much better this way! And I love the champagne recol. Sometimes, I'm not 100% sure that EA actually do think... :P
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 9:25 PM
I think the blue sticker was supposed to resemble a touchscreen, but I like these! Greater for more subdued households. Any chance of non-defaults?
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I think the blue sticker was supposed to resemble a touchscreen, but I like these! Greater for more subdued households. Any chance of non-defaults?
Is that what that was? Good to know! As for the non-defaults that's not something I'd be willing to do right now (or probably ever to be honest). It's tedious, time consuming work creating recolor after recolor--even more so if you don't have any interest in the end result.

Anyone is welcome to use these textures and create non-defaults out of them, though. Or use the templates I uploaded to come up with their own colors--it would be a great project for anyone looking to start creating for Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 5:06 AM
EA has some great stuff but they just never match! Whith FT I was surprised with a whole set matching... I like the FT originals and I use them a lot but these colors are much more beautiful! Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 10:02 AM
very good work, i like, thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:29 AM
much nicer!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 1:17 PM
Thanks for the work. In fact I liked those appliances very much but they simply don't match anything. One of your recolors look very much to my only EA favourite color (avocado). Good done.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 9:05 PM
Thank you so much, Honeywell - the original colours made my eyes bleed!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 2:49 AM
Thank you so much! The FreeTime clothes and furniture/appliances are horrendous, but these appliances just brought fugly to a whole new dimension.
Yay, no tacky blue stickers smacked on everything (wtf why does a trash compactor need a "touch screen" or whatever they're supposed to resemble) Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th May 2012 at 7:28 PM
Does any of these links give me all these recolors as NON-default? These are beautiful!
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th May 2012 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slla
Does any of these links give me all these recolors as NON-default? These are beautiful!
No, I'm sorry Slla. The only recolors are the ones in champagne.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
No, I'm sorry Slla. The only recolors are the ones in champagne.

Oh, alright. :/ Well, they are cool anyway! I should learn how to make recolors myself, I guess... :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 5:54 AM
I'm just seeing these now! I need to look over your stuff again. I'm getting the recolours!! Hope you're doing well.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:35 AM
Awesome. Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 12:50 AM
Exactly.....I haven't used them because they are straight up unusable with the colours I have. THESE will be perfect! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 1:16 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 5:24 AM
Yes! Now I can finally use these!