Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Taste of Asia Lake House

by triciamanly Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 11:54 PM

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 12:04 AM
What a beautiful house! Thanks for making this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 2:20 AM
Is is so amazing and beautiful! Thank you so much!! My sims will be very happy! ^O^
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 2:29 AM
This is dream house!!! Impressive work!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 3:52 AM
Just downloaded it to play around in for a bit later this week. Great house with lots of great ideas in architectural design!

Hmm...I'm examining what you did with the lake. Initially, I thought it was a log in the lake or some new object you'd found! Is it fenced in? Is that a boolpropped lowered room or a pool? Also, have you ever seen or used Frillen's Magic tiles? They can make floor edges invisible if that is how you did this. Perhaps that can work in such cases. I'm not sure. I shall play about with it in your lot to see what comes of it!

Thanks for sharing this! I would say keep the lots coming, but I don't think it is at all necessary!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 4:35 AM
It's magnificent, Tricia! Thank you!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 1:27 PM
Fascinating! I love it! The whole lot is full with wonderful ideas!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 3:15 PM
This is really nice. Completely puts the Lake House I've been working on to shame! Well done.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 5:41 PM
I hope it goes without saying how much I appreciate your comments. StephSim, to make the lake I just followed patul's tutorial. You place a column in the lake with move objects on, then place a tile on top of column and lower until just under water. Place more columns and extend tiles, leveling to just under water level. The tiles will be the swimming area. Cover tiles with RGiles's. The tutorial also explains how to make the pier, etc. I haven't seen Frillen's Magic tiles so thanks so much for the info. RGiles is right about not being able to use Homecrafter with his tiles in download folder. It does crash. But StephSim, I would love any feedback you have after further looking at the lot!! Lately I've been trying to improve my skills by studying tutorials! I'm trying to make a realistic looking waterfall right now! All the best to you and everyone else who commented!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 5:52 PM
Amazing house! Thank you
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 8:08 PM
WOW! Taken my breath away, its so stunning!! So tranquil and peaceful, makes me feel very relaxed just looking at it! And I love the teal recolours, hope you kept telling the hubby to look on this one!!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 9:11 PM
Hi Tricia - This is really nice!
Steph-Sim took the word right out of my mouth - Frillen's Triple Magic (esp. his invis tile - that doesn't crash anything, and the pond surface remover) I love making my lakes swimmable - and can't live without those tools!
My first ever house upload "Eco Modern" and my Fitness Theme "Woodland Park" both use Frillen's tools.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 7:39 PM
Yes. That's it! Triple Magic! Thanks Catherine! Nice lots BTW. I especially like "Woodland Park".

Tricia,
I loaded the lot in my hood and played around with it for a bit. I don't think the pictures do it justice. It's really a neat lot.

About the Lake... Catherine would probably be a better help than I am at present with swimmable lakes. I have never shared a lot with a Swimmable Lake, at least not using the actual water tool. So, I'm going to spend a couple of days playing around with the concept of Swimmable Lake. I've made a couple of lots with elevated swimming pools and Swimmable Lakes using terrains. I want to experiment with a few ideas I have, after looking through a few of the Swimmable Lake tutorials I find interesting. It's amazing how many there are and how some are quite different than others. I want to test them all!

It will probably result in a lot. I'm already building a modern lot, just for the fun of it with a lake that spans to the right side of the lot off of an extended patio. So, I think I will make the lake swimmable after I spend a bit of time experimenting. Also, my upcoming Gwrych lot is a retreat of sorts and I want it to have a swimmable lake, because formal outdoor swimming pools are not very medieval and indoor pools were moreso Bath Houses!

So, your lot here is quite inspirational in that endeavor. Thanks for sharing it!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 4:05 AM
StephSim, I'll really be looking forward to your lakes. It has been a lot of fun learning and I do think they add realisim to historic lots. Maybe recoloring the dining board and ladder to wood would help too. Can those items be recolored? Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 7:31 AM
The ladder and diving board can be recoloured. There are a couple already available here at MTS.
tkdjunkie's Wood Diving Board and Ladder
Wood Diving Board with Metal Base

Take care tricia!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:12 AM
Another fantastic upload from one of my favourite creators!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 3:59 AM
Well, as you know, my first swimmable lake can be found at Sim Fans UK at the tragic Hatton House. Anyone can find it by clicking the link in your comment for which I am grateful by the way!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:36 PM
This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing ♥
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 3:03 AM
And thank you too so much xmirellax for your comment!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:15 PM
Very well done house! Thanks for sharing! My sims enjoys it very much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 4:46 AM
It is so beautiful! I can't wait to play it!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 2:39 PM
I so appreciate the comments!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd May 2012 at 4:17 AM
It's very nice.. Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 11:33 PM
so beautiful. Youre really good at this
Alchemist
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leftywillnot
so beautiful. Youre really good at this

so nice of you to take the time to comment on an older lot! i do appreciate it!

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Page 1 of 2