Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Hanging Exerto Punching Bag **Updated 10/2012**

by Honeywell Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:15 PM - Updated 2nd Nov 2012 at 5:47 AM by Honeywell

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 10:59 PM
Yay for less space taken by punching bags
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 11:24 PM
This is really useful, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 11:32 PM
Ditto to what *the fish* said!

Less space being taken is always awesome! (This will work perfectly with my re-do of the Grunt house!)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 12:38 AM
Yes, very good! I was thinking about this for ages.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 12:41 AM
Aha! Great for community gyms and you made them "non-cheaty" too - hooray!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:11 AM
Ingenious idea, long overdue! Completely agree with everyone's comments. Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:25 AM
Oh thank you! You solved the problem of wanting to put punching bags into community gyms and still have the reward be a reward! I love this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 3:54 AM
very nice, agree with everyone's comments
Demon Sheep
#10 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 4:36 AM
I am a cheaty cheater and would've loved to have the trainer option available, but even without it this is fantastic! Thank you! .
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:00 AM Last edited by Honeywell : 10th Nov 2011 at 5:12 AM.
Default For the Cheaty Cheaters
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
I am a cheaty cheater and would've loved to have the trainer option available, but even without it this is fantastic! Thank you! .
That made me laugh. All I did was clear the pie menu functions--it would take like 30 seconds to add the training option back. Just tick off the boxes like they are in the pic, commit and save.

Thanks to everyone for leaving such nice comments, I appreciate them.

ETA:
Actually, it might not be that simple to add the training option back in. I forgot I also reduced the footprint so I'm not sure if that will affect the training option--maybe the trainer won't know where to enter and exit? So it might not work...or maybe it will. Experiment at your own risk!
Screenshots
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:04 AM
Great idea - thanks!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
That made me laugh. All I did was clear the pie menu functions--it would take like 30 seconds to add the training option back. Just tick off the boxes like they are in the pic, commit and save.

Thanks to everyone for leaving such nice comments, I appreciate them.

ETA:
Actually, it might not be that simple to add the training option back in. I forgot I also reduced the footprint so I'm not sure if that will effect the training option--maybe the trainer won't know where to enter and exit? So it might not work...or maybe it will. Experiment at your own risk!

Ooh, thank you for the tip! I will definitely try that when I get a chance.
Gone Fishin'
#14 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 7:55 AM
Wonderful idea! I never understood why this thing had to have such a humongous footprint - and to me, having it hanging from the ceiling makes more sense. Space-saving + sense-making = win. .
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 11:03 AM
Brilliant! This should look a lot more suitable for a working gym IMO than trying to use the reward one (plus the space-saving aspect means I'll be able to use more than one in small gyms).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 11:11 AM
These are brilliant, Thank you so much for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 3:30 PM
Oooo....thank you for this! I'm going to replace all the reward punching bags in my gyms post-haste! Plus, I love that you made it in that Maxis blue color that matches all their other gym equipment!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 3:35 PM
What a great idea!!!! Thank you much!!!!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 6:16 PM
*smooches* I just love all your stuffs. And stuff that takes up less space is always good.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 12:18 AM
Are they enabled for community lots or did I get ahead of myself? I can't find it under hobbies>exercise or hobbies>all or misc>misc or misc>all, looking at items that cost around 2500 simoleans (same as treadmill). Maybe Sophie-David's rewards are required and not just recommended?
Or maybe I'm just missing it
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 12:34 AM Last edited by Honeywell : 11th Nov 2011 at 1:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by shastakiss
Are they enabled for community lots or did I get ahead of myself? I can't find it under hobbies>exercise or hobbies>all or misc>misc or misc>all, looking at items that cost around 2500 simoleans (same as treadmill). Maybe Sophie-David's rewards are required and not just recommended?
Or maybe I'm just missing it
Hi shastakiss, I didn't even think that because this was cloned from a career reward they wouldn't automatically be available on community lots. Later on tonight (if I get the chance) or tomorrow I'll re-up a new version that's enabled for community lots. I'm a home gym kind of player myself but I definitely want the option to use these on community lots. Thanks for letting me know.

P.S
Sophie-David's buyable rewards are a completely different upload and don't affect this punching bag at all.

ETA:
I updated the punching bag and the new file has been uploaded and is available to re-download. Thanks again, shastakiss, for letting me know.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 1:56 AM
Excellent! Thank you so much. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 2:28 AM
This is a much needed item for my game. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 2:48 AM
Oh snap that was fast! I'm the one who jumped to conclusions, sorry. Even if it was just for residential lots, it would still be a very needed and useful bit of coolness. thankyouthankyouthankyou
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 4:23 PM
That's very usefull, thank u! ^-^
Page 1 of 3