Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cat Perch(Updated:11-27-11) Now shiftable!

by cmomoney Posted 17th Nov 2011 at 12:38 AM - Updated 28th Nov 2011 at 8:39 PM by whiterider

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 12:47 AM
This is a really good idea! Thanks for making these.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 1:02 AM
Wow, I have no clue how you did that. Is it custom animation to get the cat on the perch? I don't really care, it's amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 1:40 AM
Can they function as shelves? :O That would be awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 1:46 AM
awesomeness! you rock! :D
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 2:00 AM
Brilliant and innovative as always

So did you get this to be especially attractive to kitties as per your thread in Modding Discussion, or is it just of average attractiveness?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 2:15 AM
@CinderEmma: No, this is just a modified object that already had the 'jump on' animation.

@lydiocia: No, cats only.

@Sri: Average attractiveness. I figured it was too small a project to need so big a mod.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 2:37 AM
UH, awesome much? This is totally badass. I can't wait to try it out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 2:45 AM
OMGOMGOMG I love it!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 4:13 AM
Makes me want one for my RL cats! Love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 7:39 AM
Wow, this is so cool! Like Cmar, I wish I could have one of these for my cat IRL. Unfortunately, my apartment doesn't have studs behind the walls; it's, like, all brick, even behind the non-exposed-brick plaster walls so I can't even mount a TV. But, thanks to you, at least the virtual version of my cat can have one! (Not that that will be much comfort to my RL kitty. )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 8:37 AM
Amazing. I do have one question though - Is the height adjustable or fixed?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starwind
Amazing. I do have one question though - Is the height adjustable or fixed?

It's fixed. It is at the highest that cats will jump.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:57 AM
Cute I'm sure my in-game cats will find a good use for this.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 11:15 AM
Thank you! This will be really useful.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 11:18 AM
Why aren't they shiftable?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 11:23 AM
This is fabulous, THANK YOU
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 12:45 PM
I'd honestly like to have this for my house, not my Sims (haha) Currently I am up to seven felines so you could imagine how hetic it is to try and push them off countertops they are not suppose to be on. But hey, my Sims need this too. Especially the ones that were born with the raise 6 strays LTW or the Ark. So thank you so very much for this. I'm sure it'll be well used and played with in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 12:54 PM
This is totally awesome. TY!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tincent
I'd honestly like to have this for my house, not my Sims (haha) Currently I am up to seven felines so you could imagine how hetic it is to try and push them off countertops they are not suppose to be on. But hey, my Sims need this too. Especially the ones that were born with the raise 6 strays LTW or the Ark. So thank you so very much for this. I'm sure it'll be well used and played with in my game.

This (along with most of the objects I make) is based on a RL object. So you can have these, they come in a lot of different designs.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 3:50 PM
This is so cool! Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 4:03 PM
these as shiftable shelves would be epic
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 7:32 PM
This is so adorable. Although my old cat didn't have a shelf like this, she did have one of those cat beds that were attached to the window sill/wall similar to these:

I'm surprised something like this wasn't in the Sims 3 Pets to begin with. Thank you again for making this!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 9:19 PM
This is great! I'm currently trying to clone the scratching post to create an outside tree serving as scratching post. :-) It's so silly cats need to return home to satisfy their scratchy needs. *grins* They're CATS, right? :D
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tincent

Bit of a thread drift but this is your lucky day. Check this out. It's all kinds of awesome.

Cat friendly house design
http://virtualfunzone.com/cat-frien...use-design.html

As for this cat perch; creative genius imho. Thanks for sharing.
Page 1 of 3