Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tall_GasStation_Sign_50s_Style

by leroy157 Posted 23rd Nov 2011 at 10:02 PM - Updated 26th Nov 2011 at 8:43 PM by leesester

6 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 10:08 AM
Nice item for retro gas stations, thank you, I especially like the dinosaur one!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 11:55 AM
Thank You. I did that with thought of the old Sinclair Green Dinosour they used in that era on their signs..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leroy157
Thank You. I did that with thought of the old Sinclair Green Dinosour they used in that era on their signs..

Sinclair, that's it! I remembered a gas station with a dinosaur logo from when I was very, very little and this sign reminded me of it but I could not remember what the brand name was and I was racking my brain trying to remember - thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 2:58 PM
I saw your gas pumps... and I thought "kool!" but..... I didn't download them because I didn't think I needed them. Then I saw this sign, and I thought.... "Hey! If I got this and those pumps, I could make a gas station!" (yeah... I'm slow sometimes! *L*) Sooooo... now I'm getting this and the pumps so I can do what I like to do best... Build Stuff.
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 2:32 AM
Thank you EsmeraldaF and Macadamia: The Old Sinclair logo was one of my favorites also. I worked at a Texaco station in the late 50s for I think .50 an hour which then was good pay while I was in high school. Back then we would pump a customers gas, check battery level, check Oil, check water, and if they asked also check air in tires, also we had to wash their windshield that was what was called a full service station then. Now they are all do it yourself. Thank you leroy157 (O-Decaff)
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 12:40 AM Last edited by ~Dee~ : 30th Nov 2011 at 11:51 PM.
There is no pic showing, I see all the other pics on this site but yours says it's deleted.

Edit: Ah you fixed it, very nice. Thank you.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php