Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

PermaWood Stairs Fix

by Menaceman44 Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 4:00 PM - Updated 13th Dec 2011 at 11:50 PM by Menaceman44

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 4:56 PM
Thank you so much for doing this!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:36 PM
Yes, thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:51 PM
Very much appreciated, I can finally use these stairs, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 7:39 PM
Thank you! This was totally needed.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:09 PM
Wow, great job - thank you very much for these.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:37 PM
tytytytyty! this is a great mod!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 1:40 AM
Great mod thanks for this!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:22 AM
Great thanks
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 3:38 AM
Great work. I was watching your adventures with Bloom and Inge and I take my hat off to you for not giving up
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 9:37 PM
omg thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 2:27 PM
Thank you.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:56 PM
"Installing is as simple as dropping the file in your mods folder"?

But once you do that, which folder in that folder does it go in?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 6:49 PM
Also, you should fix this thing in a way where it works with patch 1.36!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 7:30 PM
Okay when you said "So while any specific EP is NOT required you MUST have your game patched", what patch are you referring to?

Reason = My game won't use this fix anymore, in any way, shape, or form!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 8:40 PM
This fix still works perfectly fine and I am running my game on patch level 1.36.
Where are you attempting to install the file? All you need to do is place it in exactly the same folder as you place any other CC you have in .package format.

(In future, please use the EDIT option instead of double or triple posting)

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#17 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 8:53 PM Last edited by Train_guy : 19th Jul 2012 at 10:51 PM.
In reply and in need of help!
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
This fix still works perfectly fine and I am running my game on patch level 1.36.
Where are you attempting to install the file? All you need to do is place it in exactly the same folder as you place any other CC you have in .package format.

(In future, please use the EDIT option instead of double or triple posting)

3 things for you:

1) There are 2 sub-folders in the mods folder, overrides and packages, which one does this thing go in?

2) My game is fully patched, but, it won't make "the permawood stairs" recolorable (or CAStable as some people here would call it)!

3) What was the patch that came world adventures that was needed for this to work?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 9:39 PM
Ah, so that's why the stairs have four channels but only one of them actually seems to do anything! I was so confused because I was trying to customize the stairs and I would change one of the channels and seemingly nothing would change. I figured maybe it was just really subtle or small of a detail and that's why I couldn't see the difference whether I clicked on one pattern or another. Didn't stop to think it could be a glitch! Thanks for making this fix!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 10:09 PM
To be honest, I didn't know that I could recolor stairs until I saw this. I'm a little slow sometimes. So thank you for the mod, and for teaching me something