Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Granny's Lovely Swimwear (nichellerj, Madizzo, hrekkjavaka astarkort)

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 4th Jan 2012 at 2:45 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2012 at 8:30 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 5:06 PM
I love the smell of copypasta in the morning. Thank you for making these available for our grandmas (and for making me discover some great swimsuits I had somehow missed before)!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 5:13 PM
Love the description - how about some sexy swim trunks for all my aging Adonis sims?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 5:56 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the "hot momma" granny swimsuit series! Your replacement mesh is a vast improvement over the Maxis one! (And your description rocks!)

It's nice to see nice stuff for the sexy senior Sims out there!

(Like "The Big Blue Fishy" already said, some matching stuff for the Silver Studs out there would be neat too.)
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 8:26 PM
Stuff for grandpa is in the pipeline! Silver Studs and aging Adonis, I must steal these phrases.

Thank you all for the comments.

NixNivis I'm *still* finding stuff I haven't seen before! MTS just has so much, and the older stuff without search flags can be a bit hard to find without going through lots of pages, but it's fun to treasure hunt.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#6 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 11:43 PM
These look great and thank you very much for all these clothing fo elders (and I love your waist-fixing!).
If I may note, maybe making these kinds of clothing NOT be texture-referencing would be worth considering.
This is why:
To check whether one already has each of the referenced recolours is very time-consuming. Later there will be really no way to know which adult ones I should not be deleting (unless checking back and forth, which is again very time-consuming).
It also reduces variety for those who do not want to have an excessive number of pieces of clothing.
Finally, I think that the number of files has a much greater effect on loading time than the size of files.
Of course I can - and I do - fix this for myself, I just thought this might be worth considering.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenke33
These look great and thank you very much for all these clothing fo elders (and I love your waist-fixing!).
If I may note, maybe making these kinds of clothing NOT be texture-referencing would be worth considering.
This is why:
To check whether one already has each of the referenced recolours is very time-consuming. Later there will be really no way to know which adult ones I should not be deleting (unless checking back and forth, which is again very time-consuming).
It also reduces variety for those who do not want to have an excessive number of pieces of clothing.
Finally, I think that the number of files has a much greater effect on loading time than the size of files.
Of course I can - and I do - fix this for myself, I just thought this might be worth considering.

Valid considerations. Glad you know how to adjust the files to your liking.

For myself, I keep dependent downloads in folders with the same name as the stuff they reference + dependent, so I know what to keep. All my stuff is organized by gender, age, clothing catergory, then creator name, with picture, so it's very easy to check if I have something. However, I realize not everyone does this. I certainly didn't at first. Later just nuked my whole Downloads folder since I couldn't find stuff. I have a not very large drive, so I make small files whenever possible. I do agree that independent files would be much easier for people to use. However, I make stuff for myself, I don't even start with independent files, I start with placeholder textures, and making stuff over a second time would be rather tedious for me.

I am working on several things which have new textures, so those will not be texture referencing.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 12:56 AM
Ooo la la! Nice stuff, Granny!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Valid considerations. Glad you know how to adjust the files to your liking.

For myself, I keep dependent downloads in folders with the same name as the stuff they reference + dependent, so I know what to keep. All my stuff is organized by gender, age, clothing catergory, then creator name, with picture, so it's very easy to check if I have something. However, I realize not everyone does this. I certainly didn't at first. Later just nuked my whole Downloads folder since I couldn't find stuff. I have a not very large drive, so I make small files whenever possible. I do agree that independent files would be much easier for people to use. However, I make stuff for myself, I don't even start with independent files, I start with placeholder textures, and making stuff over a second time would be rather tedious for me.

I am working on several things which have new textures, so those will not be texture referencing.

I second Gwenke, I rather have independent files too because not always (usually never) I want every age with the same outfit choices but I must say that I really appreciate your improvements, specially for our poor neglected elders!

I'm having the same storage problem here. I'm still figuring out how to organize all this amazing fixes you are making. I usually organize my files in a similar system: folders named with gender, Eaxis recolors or new meshes, age and cloth category, inside goes the downloaded file with the creator's name and pictures named after the file, otherwise it's just impossible to figure out what is what some time later. It is very time consuming but worth the effort. When it's a mesh with various recolors then I add a subfolder with the mesh name to keep the mesh and it's recolors. If the mesh has few or none recolors I don't add this last subfolder. All this I keep in a big out of the game folder and I make back ups of it from time to time. That's because I play with several themed nhoods and it's just impossible to put all the files for all the nhoods at the same time on the game dls folder to play. I do need to close the game to switch the dls folder every time I want to change nhoods but that's ok because allow me to have more custom content for each nhood... I don't know if all that makes any sense...
Now I'm a bit lost on how to store these improved files... I'll try your way, i.e. adding another subfolder for dependent files and I think I'll have to break some folders to accommodate that, more work and time consuming to do, and I'm foreseeing duplicates at some point on the dls folder but... What we don't do for this game?

Well, again, thank you for improving our Simmies!

Don't worry! Be happy!
TheSimsCafe
TheSims_Brasil Yahoo group
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:49 AM
SimCeleste I'm planning some swimsuits for grandpa that should have new textures, so hopefully I will not add to your subfoldering woes. Sadly, I am not gifted with abundant texturing skills. Meshing is much, much easier for me. Another reason for the dependent textures is that when they are not mine, I sometimes can't get permission to just copy them, and if I could, I would feel bad getting download counts for what is mostly someone else's work. But as I said, new textures for grandpa, coming soonish. The separate dl folders for each hood make lots of sense. I've heard some folks set up separate AnyGames for different scenarios they play. All that organizational *work* for what's supposed to be fun! I second your facepalm emoticon!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 3:01 AM
Thank you very much, CatOfEvilGenius!
I know what you mean, I tried my hand on recoloring and meshing and it was fun to learn, but then the hard part was figuring out what to do with that beautiful texture I found... LOL Clothing is even more difficult for me, I was never able to recolor a piece of clothing! Well, it's better let the job for those who know what to do!
Lately I'm reorganizing my "storage" folder, so I'm spending more time on that task than playing... Sometimes I think I'm a little nuts for enjoying doing that! Who knows?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 7:16 PM
This looks awesome! I didn't even remember that I made that texture (have I been gone for a long time or what...haha...), looks great on on the elder sims!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
NixNivis I'm *still* finding stuff I haven't seen before! MTS just has so much, and the older stuff without search flags can be a bit hard to find without going through lots of pages, but it's fun to treasure hunt.

And then, there's serendipity. I just now found this (and through it, your elder mesh edits) because a Google search led to Madizzo, who I was unfamiliar with, and the last-post link from their profile led here.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 10:42 PM
My elder ladies thank you. Downloaded this and all the meshes and swim wear !! BEAUTIFUL !!