Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#351 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 6:14 PM
Well done, I'm glad you solved it!

Don't forget to turn your antivirus back on, though! Perhaps you can add the CAW folder to a list of 'exclusions' in the antivirus program.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#352 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 10:50 PM
Bingo! McAfee is really sensitive with and the exclusions list. Also, I did fix the zip folders issue; I installed WinZIP and it works great!
Test Subject
#353 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 9:42 AM
I ported superCAW to Sims3 ver.1.69 (CAW ver.1.22.9.024037). Origin download user can use Edit-in-Game on this version.
download here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#354 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 12:38 PM
Thanks @kapaer , I've added a link to the first post.
Test Subject
#355 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
Yes, there seems to be no way to get this to work for the latest version of CAW.

Edited to add: Whoops, figured out how to get this to work! Download "SuperCAW (Compiled)" here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=860.0, then follow the instructions (drop the .exe in your CAW folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool). Click the file to run.

Thanks, you made my day. I was looking for that file instead of just throwing it in.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#356 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 1:04 AM
@nixChips That link is broken; check the purple text in the first post of this thread for the updated links.
Test Subject
#357 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:59 AM
I know this a dumb question but do I need to take out the original CAW exe or is it okay to have both the original CAW exe and Super CAW exe installed together?
Test Subject
#358 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxrage
I know this a dumb question but do I need to take out the original CAW exe or is it okay to have both the original CAW exe and Super CAW exe installed together?

Yes, you can have both. In fact, I recommend having both.

I only use SCAW when I absolutely have to use it for those additional objects. For the most part, and for most of what you do when creating a world, you are better off just using vanilla CAW. Less can go wrong (which is a weird thing to say about CAW but there you go). For me, every world that has ever been corrupted happened on a save or export from Super CAW. So, only use it when it's absolutely necessary, and then ask your self if it's really necessary.
Test Subject
#359 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anamericanwaste
Yes, you can have both. In fact, I recommend having both.

I only use SCAW when I absolutely have to use it for those additional objects. For the most part, and for most of what you do when creating a world, you are better off just using vanilla CAW. Less can go wrong (which is a weird thing to say about CAW but there you go). For me, every world that has ever been corrupted happened on a save or export from Super CAW. So, only use it when it's absolutely necessary, and then ask your self if it's really necessary.

Agree! Super CAW is great for items and that's pretty much it. It'll bug out and it hates EIG.

There is no fair here.
Test Subject
#360 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 9:35 PM Last edited by CelebrityWizard : 1st May 2020 at 7:37 PM.
Hello. So i've added the WorldBuilderCS.exe file into my Sims 3 Create a World tool folder, and i've clicked it, but it does nothing. Am i missing something else i'm supposed to add from the file or is it not working?

UPDATE: Turns out it was the wrong location in the files. Managed to get it working!
Test Subject
#361 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 10:00 PM
So I just got a new computer and found that CAW 1.69 is no longer downloadable from The Sims 3 website. https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
Is there another place it can be downloaded? I've been seaching Google all afternoon and can't find anything.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#362 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 10:14 PM
Try this link for 1.69:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g.../caw/ts3caw.exe

This for 1.67 I think:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g...w/worldtool.exe

Let me know if they work and are the right version for you!
Test Subject
#363 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Bordew5 : 7th Nov 2020 at 11:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try this link for 1.69:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g.../caw/ts3caw.exe

This for 1.67 I think:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g...w/worldtool.exe

Let me know if they work and are the right version for you!

I tried again, but neither one downloaded. Tried in Edge instead of Chrome and it downloaded, thanks!
Test Subject
#364 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Thank you, got it installed.

Few notes for others that are planning to do this:
Make sure you're the admin on your PC, AND launch every program by right clicking on the executable, and select run as admin. This will make sure that the programs can write over the necessary files. I learned this the hard way, as I assumed I could, being an admin, just install and it would be done, but no, had to "run as admin" on every program needed for this. So, are notified

Then a shock feature. My CAW is now in ENGLISH, lol. Have to learn the locations and tools all over again I don't mind it really, but I have absolutely NO IDEA what everything IS :D
The same will probably happen to anyone who are not English (as language). So again, are notified.

Dear moderator, please do not ban this is not necroposting, I just ran into a similar problem myself, maybe someone will come in handy .
In a nutshell, the whole problem with the localization of the WorldBuilderCS application is reduced to the absence of the settings file WorldBuilderCS. ini and WorldBuilderCS. exe. config in the application installation directory, i.e. C:\Program Files\......\Create-A-World (for CAW.exe it is there, but for WorldBuilderCS it is missing, which in my opinion is a clear miscalculation of its creators) (imho (imho . It is for this reason that WorldBuilderCS creates a new profile directory in the user's home directory rather than using an existing one i.e. one created at startup CAW.exe . It is quite easy to fix this bug :you just need to create the missing files from the existing ones in the installation directory CAW worldbuilder. ini and CAW. exe. config by renaming them to WorldBuilderCS. ini and WorldBuilderCS.exe.config WITHOUT CHANGING the CONTENT and EXTENSION.
After I did all the above actions, I got a normally working shared editor WorldBuilderCS that uses the existing after launching Sims 3 Create-A-World profile in the user's home directory and does not create a new one (which in my opinion is inconvenient) with localization in my native language Russian .
PS And yes, some items of objects in the method window and in CAW and WorldBuilderCS remain in English .Likely that is due to the fact that the developers used the en-en localization in the file _xml inside *.package and you can fix this by just editing in Sims 3 Package Editor tags and content between the tags in _xml (<packagetitle> ,<localizeddescription language=" "> ,
localizednames><localizedname language=" ").
I also added an executable file to the resources section WorldBuilderCS.exe missing icon resource responsible for the appearance of the application icon in the tray when minimizing the application and added the application resources section version that is not critical but still....
Test Subject
#365 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 4:24 PM
Default I was referring to the debug objects
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Normal CAW in Finnish, modded in English, yes :P

Opacity, visibility - see! lol, I still translate them in my head even though I could just check on the modded version

I was referring to the debug objects located in the metadata window ---->game objects (those marked with asterisks ) WorldBuilderCS . It seems that these include :World Builder Data Object , Sims, WorldPondHelper,Tutor Object, Motion Tech Test, etc .
Test Subject
#366 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 6:40 AM
Hey everyone/anyone lol
So I'm building a world and was wanting to use a bridge from Monte Vista and it wasn't showing up in the catalogue, I've read a few tutorials on how to make store content appear but it seems they are outdated and no longer work, so I was wondering if anyone could help with store content showing up in the catalogue ? I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL cos I bought some worlds just so I could use the assets in CAW lol thank you so so so much for any help or guidance ! I really appreciate it....
E
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#367 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 10:10 AM
@enricof The tutorials aren't outdated, nothing has changed (unless you mean that you're looking for a tutorial on a dead site). It depends on what you are trying to achieve- do you want to make a full clone of the bridge, or just make the existing one show up in CAW? Did you test with SuperCAW- all custom content should show up there to place in-game, but you'd likely have to put package files in your CAW userdata for that to happen.
Test Subject
#368 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:41 PM
@enricof The tutorials aren't outdated, nothing has changed (unless you mean that you're looking for a tutorial on a dead site). It depends on what you are trying to achieve- do you want to make a full clone of the bridge, or just make the existing one show up in CAW? Did you test with SuperCAW- all custom content should show up there to place in-game, but you'd likely have to put package files in your CAW userdata for that to happen.

I was trying to make a full clone of the bridge because I wanted to recolour it, but also just wanted the existing items to show up in CAW... I'm using SuperCAW which has everything from EP's, just nothing from store bought worlds is showing up in the catalogue... I have the framework for packages in my CAW folder but wasn't sure what files to place in there to make them show up... Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate the help !!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#369 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 8:53 PM
It sounds like your framework isn't set up correctly, or you have the CC in the wrong place. You need either a packages folder in your CAW program folder or else a symbolic link:
Game Help:CAW Frameworkwiki
So any package files or dbc/ebc files would have to be duplicated into your CAW foldes unless you have the symbolic link.
Anything that shows up in CAW should also show up in the in-game world editor mode.
GiLang's instructions for enabling any custom objects you make to show in CAW/ World Editor are here:
Sims_3:0x319E4F1D#Unknown7wiki
Test Subject
#370 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 7:54 AM
It sounds like your framework isn't set up correctly, or you have the CC in the wrong place. You need either a packages folder in your CAW program folder or else a symbolic link:
Game Help:CAW Frameworkwiki
So any package files or dbc/ebc files would have to be duplicated into your CAW foldes unless you have the symbolic link.
Anything that shows up in CAW should also show up in the in-game world editor mode.
GiLang's instructions for enabling any custom objects you make to show in CAW/ World Editor are here:
Sims_3:0x319E4F1D#Unknown7wiki

Thank you for your response, I think I got the framework correct because custom objects I've added in the 'packages' folder are showing up, so I think I need to add the ebs/dbc files to the CAW Packages folder to make the store content show up but wasn't sure how to do that step if there's any way you could help with that...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#371 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 12:56 PM
Easiest thing to do would be to create a symbolic link as in the wiki article. Otherwise you'd probably need to make standalone packages of everything you want to use in the world, for which you'd need to look up some cloning tutorials.
Test Subject
#372 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 10:12 AM
Easiest thing to do would be to create a symbolic link as in the wiki article. Otherwise you'd probably need to make standalone packages of everything you want to use in the world, for which you'd need to look up some cloning tutorials.

Thank you so much for your help ! I got everything working and the recolour is working great ! Thank you so much !
Test Subject
#373 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 10:24 AM
the recolour is getting there : )
Screenshots
Page 15 of 15