Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 5:03 AM
Downloaded some new hacks today- will test them after I've had some sleep! But I can't wait to try out ACR (For some reason I always start to type MCR when I write that- ) as well as inTeen, and those new types of schools over at Simlogical. (Boarding school, prep school...etc.) Oh! And credit for partial homework...I think it's at MTS2? Oh, yes...big plans. XD
Advertisement
retired moderator
#52 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 12:26 AM
My personal favorites and the I-cant-live-without-these hacks :D

The inSIMenator by Eric @ insimenator.net
Any-Wear Coat Hack by MaryLou and Numenor @ ModTheSims2.com
No Family Size Limit by DocDoofus @ ModTheSims2.com
Perfect Plants by TwoJeffs
Never Bring Friend Home
Homework Sometimes
Write Novels Faster

Formerly known as boolPropped
Alchemist
#53 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akatonbo
Not the only, but since some mods fix game-endangering bugs, running a completely unmodified game is as dangerous as using them unwisely.

I guess I'm lucky, I've never had any of the bugs. I only patched Seasons because of that annoying looking out the window at the rain thing
Field Researcher
#54 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:43 PM
notownieregen (from MATY) - Townies usually only piss me off and this mod allows me to delete the most annoying ones without game regenerating them. I want to be the one controlling population.
restaurantbarfixes (or whatever it was) (from MATY) - I HATED it how those sims I wasn't controlling would eat at endless loops while being in a restaurant. Now they act more like real persons and do something else too.
assault rifle (from Simwardrobe) - It's very handy in those situation when I want to get rid of useless sims.
#55 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 12:57 AM
i couldnt live without my model pose overlay hack
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=244917
from here
Mad Poster
#56 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
No Relationship Decay (Sims 2 Workshop)-It's really a hassle to try and keep up with so many friendships plus when they constantly keep calling you, it'll drive you crazy!

Do you have the direct link to this hack? I have been trying to find it but no luck so far
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 10:12 AM
InSim, Wintermuteai1's mailbox and newspaper, and the noplaycomputer

I had OFB_employee_refresher but lost it b/c I didn't back up my files before my computer crashed. I LOVED this. If you have it PLEASE, I'm begging, let me have it.
#58 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 12:00 PM
One mod I think about at once is the mind control mirror http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=33870
I have fond it extremely useful and sometime life saving.
It let you control visitors and npc on the lot, can also be used on community and business lots. Main use is to check if guests and dates are low on needs and take care of the needs, see the guests’ relation to you and his stats.
Can also be used to cheat, get a sim to tend your crops or buy expensive items.

I also have so many behaviour hacks I only remember then I read this tread. No eat crap, don’t burst into flames, less weather reaction was they I got for seasons.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 12:46 PM
- Triplets & quads hack(allows you to have triplets and quads in game)
- School Bus - Homework Hacks
- Age Duration Hack

PETS related hacks:
- ijPetAway (Hacked object that when placed on the lot makes certain NO animals are walking/visiting that lot.)

OFB related hacks:
- CustomersLeaveAfterPurchase-PlayablesDontGoBroke (will make customers leave the store after completing their purchases. Also prevent playable sims from spending their hard earned money and loading up their inventory with junk.)
- HelpShoppersFirstBasicSellOnly (NPC employees will help shoppers who need help before looking for sims to perform sales interactions on. This version limits them to only using the basic sell sales interaction on customers.)
- MoodCheckForSalesInteractions (Will have NPC sales people check the sims mood before selling to them. It should prevent them from hammering the same sim with failed sales interactions.)

This is my "I don't play without these hacks"-list... The list with just all my hacks is around 12 times as long I think...
EDIT: Sorry it's 13 times as long...
Field Researcher
#60 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 9:07 PM
I've only got a few that I absolutely can not live without:

GunMod's Camera Mod - I can't stand the angles that the game comes with.
GunMod's Radiance Light System - It makes everything much more realistic IMO. Sunsets! *fwee*
InSIMenator - To fix anything I may screw up.
Monique's Computer - Just because it makes things much more convenient.

I think I have a few more as well. But those are the ones that I use the most, and can't imagine playing without.
Test Subject
#61 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 9:50 PM
College Adjuster - I get bored playing through University (as I try to send almost all Sims there for the benefits). This speeds it up.

No Friends Needed for Career - My Sims aren't necessarily anti-social, but I hate being required for them to have a certain number of friends, which usually end up being annoying townies I have to force them to become friends with.

Perfect Plants - I don't mind having to water plants, trim bushes, pull weeds, etc. . . I just can't stand the fact that is there is, say, a small fence or something there, they cannot reach the plants. (Apparently gardening shears can't reach over a fence that is about 2" high to Sims). I can decorate yards without worrying with this hack.

Hacked Coat Rack - It's a pain (and unaffordable in some families) to constantly send Sims out to buy new outfits after someone has a birthday and grows up into a dragon costume or something. This way if the family is poor or I feel lazy, they can get new clothes for free with this.

Community Skilling - Why is this not already in the game?

No Townie Regen/Anti-Redundancy/Etc - I like some townies/strays/etc. . . I just don't need 100s of them. This helps me control how many I get.

Swinger Bed Global Hack - Makes life easier for my Romance Sims. They can have their "one-night-stands" and such.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 5:23 PM
whats a PlasticBox? o_O

Some more hacks I'v learned to love:
- Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL-OFB) - the maxis elderly clothes completely sucked
- more energy from coffee
- no age discrimination
- harder jobs
I'm also starting to like the no20Khandout - no telepathy and the teach toddlers fun hacks
#63 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 1:09 PM
Insimenator. I love how easy it makes things! I cannot believe I've been playing without it for so long. The Shop-at-home Coat Hook is also very useful, I hate having to go all the way to a community lot to buy new stuff.
Erm... other than that I use no hacks.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 1:28 PM
This plasticbox? http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=178282

I don't even know how many I have...

ACR
InTeen
PregWearAnything
Shop at Home Clothing hook
No Social Worker for Hot/Cold
No Random Bursting into Flames
SeeThem2

...and so many more. I'll have to look when I get home. Now I'm curious
Test Subject
#65 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 8:02 AM
I love the Crumplebottom's purse hack from Sim Wardrobe.
My Sim was being bullied by this annoying townie. She hit the townie with the purse, sending the nuisance running down the street. Hasn't bothered her since.
Test Subject
#66 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 1:53 PM
I have so many it's hard to pick a favorite but here's my go at it.

bathroomusesyou - Automates bathroom activities & makes 'use bathroom' a Sim menu option
no autonomous... - Kills off all those noogies, congrats, swing hogging, relaxing, etc.
default skin, eye, brow replacements
No Furious - Turns off the furious effects
MQ_Stop_N_Goto_Work_School - Makes Sims stop what they're doing and go to work/school
breakfast_at_midnight - Allows any kind of meal to be made at any time
GunMod's Cameras - Changes the way the cameras work for better pictures
Insimenator - I couldn't play without this hack!

and my #1 favorite hack....
CEP!

Heh.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
#67 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 5:27 AM
Deffinitally:

-More than 8 sims in family
-Toddler sleep throughout the night
-Bank

And some others that I can't think of at this moment in time...

-Neo
#68 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 7:29 AM
I'm new to hacks so I don't have that many yet, mainly just stuff to fix things that annoy me:

no what's this
Abortable bed making
no weather reactions
pregnancy wear anything

and of course the one thing that makes gameplay so much more fun - Insim. Boy do i miss it when I'm playing legacies and can't cheat.
Test Subject
#69 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 9:29 PM
Definitely can't live without the No-Friends Needed Career Hack.... why should sims have to have a certain number of friends in order to advance, especially when the friends usually aren't even in the field they're working in? :hmm:
Forum Resident
#70 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 10:05 AM
- Family name chooser after getting married
- Blur remover
- Community skilling
- Community weddings
- When someone rings the doorbell, the noise doesn't wake anybody up
- And some fixes for clothing by fanseelamb and HystericalParoxysm
Scholar
#71 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 10:10 AM
  • Pregnancy Wear All
  • Default Replacements
  • Sectional Patch
  • Marylou & Numenor's Shop-At-Home Coat Rack

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of global hacks so I don't have a lot. :/ I do have a lot of hacked objects though.
Site Helper
#72 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 7:54 PM
Several come to mind, but the Simsky Multi-alarm is a must in all my houses. It triggers an alarm as soon as the burglar enters the lot, triggers an alarm if there is a fire anywhere on the lot, and can be discreetly mounted in an attic if it doesn't fit the decor.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#73 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 5:08 PM
I just discovered ACR... don't know how I managed to populate my sims hoods without it :einstein
Instructor
#74 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 5:19 PM
I use Insim, the Any wear Coat Rack and Gunmod's camera mod.

And after this, I will be downloading a great many more thanks to this thread XD
#75 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 9:10 PM
I don't use many hacks, so the ones I use I would never get rid of. x]
  • InTeenimater
    I absolutely love this due to the realism for teens and the option to have committed relationships between adults.
  • Community Skilling
    Without this hack, I would probably only use community lots for decoration in my neighborhoods.
  • Numenor's Smart Lights
  • Gunmod's Radiance Lighting
    Honestly, I wish I had this sooner. I love this hack so much! It makes the games so beautiful. Using this with Smart Lights adds an entirely new dimension of realism to the game.
  • SeeThem2
    I love, love, love this. I no longer have to type in the long cheat to turn objects diagonally with this! It allows you to get rid of the blur too, but I could do without that easily.
  • Various Photo Hacks
  • Various Clothing Fixes
  • Various Objects
    Those of which would include Numenor's & Marylou's Shop-At-Home Coat Rack as well as Monique's computer.
Page 3 of 15