Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[New UPDATE] Yoga Rug

by Kitabalibar Posted 28th Feb 2012 at 7:33 PM - Updated 9th Mar 2012 at 5:30 AM by Kitabalibar

211 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 98 Feedback Posts, 112 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 8:01 PM Last edited by gesimz : 29th Feb 2012 at 4:34 AM.
Default Line regarding strings was removed due to being fixed.
Good start! I was thinking about an object of this nature the other day. I am bored with the same two exercises of machine weights and standing squats and jumping stars so this makes a good addition, even if it is a work-in-progress. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to get the animation to play in a constant loop until the interaction is cancelled by the player. I'm looking forward to a more expanded version of this in the near future!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 8:06 PM
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 8:18 PM
"Partice" is incorrect, it's "practice".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 8:46 PM
What a cool idea! This is an awesome beginning to new, completely custom objects. Thank you!

PS. I had to laugh at gesimz' comment, hopefully that's an easy fix =P
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 11:00 PM
Love your idea as well, although I do have one suggestion. If you do decide to tread the more mature path that gesimz suggested, the sister site, SS2 would be the place to expand on that idea. I could see many possibilities there. Thank you for sharing it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 11:19 PM
Really nice! Also, the correct is "pratice", isn't "partice". But is just a detail
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 11:38 PM
This is amazing.....Finally someone has come with custom animations....I would love to test for you, I'm so excited!!! Great Job!!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 12:13 AM Last edited by leesester : 29th Feb 2012 at 9:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gesimz
Not sure about the name and strings of the mirror though. i'm just flagging the idea that the name and strings may need to be changed to something more gender neutral AND which better describes the function the mirror actually provides (i.e. yoga).

Oops! LOL.
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#10 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 2:46 AM
Please fix the language string and then we can un-tag. Let us know in Creator Issues when it is ready.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 3:30 AM
The strings have been fixed. Thank you for reporting it.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FzzyDg8
Love your idea as well, although I do have one suggestion. If you do decide to tread the more mature path that gesimz suggested, the sister site, SS2 would be the place to expand on that idea. I could see many possibilities there. Thank you for sharing it!!

if you mean SXS2, i think they're in hibernation and i'm not quite sure if they're taking submissions anymore, though the message on the home page kinda confuses me and it looks like they may be still accepting it, but i agree, it does belong on that site or change the coding for this site.

"It's no use analyzing your life the whole time. Those analyses won't help you when you're dead."-- Mike Dirnt
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 4:19 AM
The text strings have been modified
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 4:29 AM
Thank You
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 4:57 AM
This is really innovative! Thank you!
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 5:29 AM
Would it be too hard to change mirror to rug more realistic that way?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 5:52 AM
i'd love this as a rug this is a big break through because this is the first actual downlopad of new animations i've seen or have i just been hiding under a rock? lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 6:25 AM
Love this! But like others have said, needs to be in a loop so it lasts longer or has more moves.
I'd also like to see a mirror used for ballet dancing but I guess that would take a lot of new animation. Anyway, hope to see this expanded. Please keep up the awesome work!
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims_freak_2010
i'd love this as a rug this is a big break through because this is the first actual downlopad of new animations i've seen or have i just been hiding under a rock? lol

Not quite the first... I think CMO's ceiling fan was the first animated object, and his openable window was the first animated object with new Sim animations as well (at MTS, anyway), but these were so simple and natural that a lot of people probably didn't even notice.

But there have been very, very few, and this one is certainly much more ambitious. Impressive work
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 3:13 PM
This is an awesome object, truly. You have broken new ground here.
I feel almost guilty to say this, but:

>Sims revert to casualwear after using it, regardless of which clothes they wear when starting yoga.
>A rug would be far better.
>Animation loops once. Probably 3-5 times would be better. If it was continuous then non-selected sims would have trouble using it (I think)
>Error trap resets the sim after use, although this should probably go to Twallan, not you.

AWESOME THOUGH.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 3:32 PM Last edited by Kitabalibar : 29th Feb 2012 at 4:01 PM.
Ok I updated accordingly to certain of your requests, enjoy
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 4:12 PM
Ah, it is now a rug. Very impressive!

Now, some suggestions:

-What if only more athletic sims (maybe sims with the athletic skill at level 5 or above?) can do the advanced yoga poses?
-It will also be very great if doing yoga adds to the athletic skill! Looking at your notes though, I'll assume that you're working at it.

Even by itself, though, the rug is truly great! I will wait for your updates!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 4:45 PM
Hi Is possible made this with Dance animation? Mirror or Rug or Stereo?
I have custom dance animation here. I can share smd files

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nau5tFNbF9A
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 4:57 PM
Sure no problem! Just send me the SMD file and I will do it
Theorist
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 5:25 PM
The new version is much improved, wow, good work there.
Page 1 of 9