Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen Band Redux

by Sgloomi Posted 11th May 2012 at 8:20 AM - Updated 10th Aug 2012 at 6:09 PM by Sgloomi : Removed base game version qualifier, on the basis that I assume SP3 resources aren't gonna change much from here on out. :)

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th May 2012 at 4:18 PM
Cool mod! I can't wait to try it. Thanks Sgloomi.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th May 2012 at 4:37 PM
Nice mod, now can my teen sims making a band :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th May 2012 at 4:54 PM
Thank you sooo much for making this. Cant wait to put it to use.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th May 2012 at 8:02 PM
Fun idea.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th May 2012 at 2:49 AM
What is the difference between the Impressive and Unimpressive versions, and is it possible to download both without them interfering with one another?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th May 2012 at 3:23 AM
Unimpressive: Version without ''impress Celebrity'' but impressive mode has it.
Also thanks for the nice mode,I was waiting fot it
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th May 2012 at 9:40 AM
You made my day!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th May 2012 at 1:58 PM
Very cool. Most popular bands have started with teens practicing in a garage so it makes sense that they are able to form bands in game!

Nice work and congratz on the Pick!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th May 2012 at 3:53 PM
Yay I've been waiting a while for someone to make this!
I don't know why EA didn't make teen bands from the begining
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th May 2012 at 7:59 PM
As Melosh said, Impressive gives the ability to impress Celebrities when you talk to them and Unimpressive doesn't.

Loading both won't do any damage to your game, but one will override the other so it's redundant. The only difference would be that you might not be able to Impress Celebrities if you want to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th May 2012 at 6:24 PM
thankyou for this is ther a way you can make a double stroller
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th May 2012 at 7:00 PM
Thank you so much for this, I was really disapointed that my sims couldn't jam in the garage Now to annoy some neighbours
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th May 2012 at 8:13 AM
Thank you soooooooo much!!!! Seriously very cool idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th May 2012 at 10:52 AM
And by the way, would it be possible for you to make a mod that can add a singer from TS3Showtime to a band? Just asking, but I know this is almost impossible. I think many TS3 players were dissapointed that they couldn't have a band with a singer.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th May 2012 at 3:20 PM
This is obviously an amazing mod, the teens surely must be enabled to start their own band!)) but sadly, I have 1.31 version and it doesn't run, there are no error reports or anything like this, the family or the new town just stuck with the loading screen at like 99%. Perhaps just need a 1.33 version)) but thank U nonetheless!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th May 2012 at 4:41 PM
Curious if this will conflict with your professional teens mod. I'm thinking they would share the same xml like they used to.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=475952
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st May 2012 at 9:27 AM Last edited by Sgloomi : 21st May 2012 at 5:39 PM. Reason: Changed the Ep-numbers I mentioned to the actual ones, which I mistyped. :)
@Inamoranda: I'll amend the Compatibility note to ask people to let me know, since I don't have 1.31 and can't properly test it.

@CyberBob The XML I think you mean (the Socials one) EA have now split up into six seperate XML's for the various Eeps. Bands are in the Ep3 module and the Professions are in Ep2/Ep6, so it's all compatible.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st May 2012 at 4:02 PM
Quote:
@CyberBob The XML I think you mean (the Socials one) EA have now split up into six seperate XML's for the various Eeps. Bands are in the Ep4 module and the Professions are in Ep3/Ep6, so it's all compatible.

Ahh wasn't aware of that. Cool beans I remade the teen bands also. But not the professions. I might just use yours instead hehe.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd May 2012 at 8:49 PM
Most excellent!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 5:31 AM
Thank you so much :D, also will you try and make the band limit of four to five, cuz I really want my whole family to be in it >.<
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 2:48 PM
It kills me why teens weren't allowed to do this stuff in the first place. Heaven knows there are plenty of teen stars in real life. smh
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Sgloomi : 6th Jun 2012 at 9:44 PM.
About the 1.34 Patch...

From my reading about it written by People Who Know, I gather that the XML resources used in this Mod aren't changed, so it should still work with 1.34.

However, there are changes to the Core, which will almost certainly bork scripting and Core-mods like NRaas and Awesome. So I'm gonna hold off downloading it, personally, until either Twallan updates his stuff or people tell me my own mods don't work.

If you experience any problems that would be directly related to my own stuff, please let me know and I'll bite the bullet. (Of course, telling me it works perfectly fine would be better.)

EDIT: Played for a while now with 1.34 and had no problems - at least no problems with being in a band, so I'm sure it's fine.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:39 PM
It didn't work with the NRaas mods. I had to take it becuase both mods together disabled the sims from talking to each other. They could watch tv, play an instrument, drive a car, but couldn't interact in any way. Cool mod though thanks for making it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 10:40 PM
BunnyGirl - are you sure it's mine plus NRaas? I got NRaas up the WooHoo and it all seems to work. And they're scripting, which shouldn't impact on XML tunings.

Possibly there's something else that conflicts with it.
Page 1 of 2