Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2012 at 6:15 PM
Your favourite custom Neighborhood terrain!?
Hi! First of all, if this kind of thread exist please lock this and link it.

Oh well. I'm thinking of creating a new neighborhood but I'm bored of the Maxis-terrains and I can't find any good custom ones myself so instead I will ask you which custom terrian you prefer.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd May 2012 at 10:41 PM
Well, there are a lot of nice ones on here.
Have you tried using Google?

I normally build my own terrains rather than download, but one I have downloaded and loved/love is Grizzly Hills by Nepheris

I have way too many favourites to go and find right now.
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd May 2012 at 12:16 AM
I'm using Lake Crossing by gethane as my post-apocalyptic neighborhood terrain (on the desert tile set, of course) and I love it.

Carnen Bridge and Acorn Bend are a couple of other favorites of mine.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd May 2012 at 12:21 AM
I'm currently using Middleground as my Main hood.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd May 2012 at 9:48 AM
Twikki Island - Expanded is my go-to one currently: plenty of space, lots of beach-front properties. I've had about 40 playable families on lots ranging in size from 1x1 to 3x3 and they've only taken up about a third of the total space available on the bottom half -- top half is usually saved for community lots.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd May 2012 at 10:22 AM
All of my fav hoods are MTS creations so I won't be posting links - a quick search in Downloads section should be enough to find them if someone should feel so inclined

My current main hood #1: Elsewhere. It's amazing. Plasticbox has outdone herself in that one. I also love her beautiful Baskerville (my current main hood #2), which also comes with an empty hood map, unlike Elsewhere.

I'm an "everything tiny" addict so, other than Plasticbox' work, I love the small terrains downloadable from here: Mini Moatland and Incy Isle being my favoritest ones among them.

I played a hood for years on a map called Evansville, a tiny terrain too. It was my main hood for over three years, until I accidentaly deleted it. RiP, Everville. I still miss you
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd May 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
My current main hood #1: Elsewhere. It's amazing. Plasticbox has outdone herself in that one. I also love her beautiful Baskerville (my current main hood #2), which also comes with an empty hood map, unlike Elsewhere.

Second the recommendation of Plasticbox's hoods. I'm also using Middleground's terrain as my main hood, and I've downloaded Elsewhere for future use (it's gorgeous!).

Also second nepheris's hoods. You can see more pictures of them (with dl links) at her livejournal.
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd May 2012 at 7:49 PM
Im using Grand Rapids and loving it

http://modthesims.info/d/422024
Instructor
#9 Old 23rd May 2012 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
I'm currently using Middleground as my Main hood.

Middleground is so cute, like a little fairy tale ¨village almost.
:lovestruc
Must be even more nice with Seasons so you can have snow and use the Xmas Decorations.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th May 2012 at 4:06 AM
I'm fond of gethane's Autumn Bay, which I've been using as a downtown base. Cluster the city center around the bay (I added a few more roads there) and have low-rises and houses spreading away from the city center past the lake.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 24th May 2012 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fruitsymphony
Middleground is so cute, like a little fairy tale ¨village almost.
:lovestruc
Must be even more nice with Seasons so you can have snow and use the Xmas Decorations.

The houses are nice, although the community lots aren't to my taste. One of the lots is literally a tree and a bench.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 24th May 2012 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
I played a hood for years on a map called Evansville, a tiny terrain too.

I'm cursing you right now: I went to look and download it and now I'm seeing just how many micro-lots and families I can fit in to it. Would be quite a challenge to have multi-generational families, although some stringent population control is needed.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Scholar
#13 Old 24th May 2012 at 2:52 PM
I had plenty of 1x1 lots. All owned com lots and all res lots were like that, and only some had a backyard (1x2 lots). I had 81 Sim living there in 23 households. I even had around 10 empty lots waiting for new residents.
Yes, you're right - it was a challenge. But challenge was what I was looking for. It really is a challenge to build a 1x1 lot for a 5-member household. Lots of basements!
Inventor
#14 Old 25th May 2012 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
The houses are nice, although the community lots aren't to my taste. One of the lots is literally a tree and a bench.

*GASP* How dare anyone build a park!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:01 AM
I'm currently using Tiny Isle since I like to have small neighborhoods, as a way of limiting myself from creating too many sims and not playing any of them. It's also pretty easy to rebuild if my game gets corrupted, since I do a lot of my own modding + run on the delightful OS Vista.
Instructor
#16 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:10 AM
I have Sim City 4 and I enjoy making custom neighborhood terrains. While I like gentle hills in the middle, valleys for bridges, and houses hidden on the outside of an atoll, i'm looking for my ultimate challenge. There have been space based terrains before, but I want to go further. No walking outside sidewalks, Houses must resemble tubes, black terrain, tube over path from mailbox to door. Honestly, if we could do without mailbox I would, but I see no way my current EPs could handle it.

If you want a custom terrain, send me request and email. I will make something for you. If you don't like what I send, tell me more. Make your requests informative. This is not telepathy.
Scholar
#17 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:52 AM
What's up with the pictures in these downloads threads? I can't see almost any hood linked here in any detail - the pictures won't open.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th May 2012 at 6:45 AM
I love everything Plasticbox! Elsewhere is my hood right now. I added a mountain destination and a uni to it.

Also someone has on their livejournal a Plasticbox Megahood with Elsewhere as the main hood and Middleground and Baskerville as the shopping districts. I snagged that for if I ever get bored of Elsewhere by itself or if it goes the way of the fireball.
Scholar
#19 Old 25th May 2012 at 7:20 AM Last edited by Simsica : 25th May 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by hweldon81
I love everything Plasticbox! Elsewhere is my hood right now. I added a mountain destination and a uni to it.

Also someone has on their livejournal a Plasticbox Megahood with Elsewhere as the main hood and Middleground and Baskerville as the shopping districts. I snagged that for if I ever get bored of Elsewhere by itself or if it goes the way of the fireball.

Okay. A link, please?

ETA: I think I found it myself. Is this it?
ETA, again: the download link in there isn't working.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th May 2012 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TortureTheNannies
There have been space based terrains before, but I want to go further. No walking outside sidewalks, Houses must resemble tubes, black terrain, tube over path from mailbox to door. Honestly, if we could do without mailbox I would, but I see no way my current EPs could handle it.

I wonder if you could build something like a greenhouse over the road to make a travelling tube. Your lots would have to directly abut one another so the tubes lined up in neighbourhood view. The terrain is relatively easy to do. You could also replace all the NPC vehicles with default replacements though that would mean meshing and colouring them. Certainly, that would be a big job.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#21 Old 26th May 2012 at 8:37 PM
Maxon, step by step not too bad, but I have no experience meshing and that's intimidating. Greenhouse or "windowed walls" in OFB would be easy to do. And limiting their access to yard by other means too.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th May 2012 at 8:46 PM
Sorry, yes the easy to find one of the Plasticbox Megohoods has a broken link.

Here is the one I successfully downloaded: http://roo.dreamwidth.org/2673.html

Like it said, make sure you "thank" each of Pb's 3 hoods here too though.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 26th May 2012 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TortureTheNannies
Maxon, step by step not too bad, but I have no experience meshing and that's intimidating. Greenhouse or "windowed walls" in OFB would be easy to do. And limiting their access to yard by other means too.

What you really need is a nice dome structure to cover most of the lot - preferably see through being like a biodome.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:45 AM
I have a really sweet lunar terrain. Alien 'hoods are so much fun.
Scholar
#25 Old 27th May 2012 at 2:58 AM
Here is the one I successfully downloaded: http://roo.dreamwidth.org/2673.html

Thank you :lovestruc

Like it said, make sure you "thank" each of Pb's 3 hoods here too though.

Already did that, years ago. But generally speaking, here it goes: thank you, PBox, wherever you are. Now come back and build us some more stuff! (Oh... That must have been my evil twin. A demanding, spoiled brat. I apologize.)
Page 1 of 2