Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated* (6-30-12) Butler & Maid will Feed Pets & Clean All Pets.

by CyberBob78 Posted 16th Jun 2012 at 9:14 AM - Updated 30th Jun 2012 at 6:56 AM by CyberBob78

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 1:16 PM
Thank you! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 1:18 PM
Your can better place by 'Expansion / Stuff Packs Required' The Late night and Pets icon (late night icon for the Butler)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yannickvanloon
Your can better place by 'Expansion / Stuff Packs Required' The Late night and Pets icon (late night icon for the Butler)

This will still work without having the butler.
Or at least that's what the tests have reported.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 4:05 PM
I forget to feed them and they die. D':
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 5:24 AM
I always forget to feed my poor caged animals at least now they have a fighting chance to live with this!
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 6:31 PM
I seem to have encountered a bug, my wife who used to be my maid seems to be forced to feed the pets.

That being said, thanks for the mod, it's awesome!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 9:30 PM
LOL never even thought about that. But, if her profession is still maid, she is a maid and will have that flag. Have her change jobs and maybe she won't be affected. Although, I wouldn't mind if my wife cared for the pets ... that's just normal imo. I do it also of course.

Have your kid or inlaw become a butler, download the full extent of this mod ... then you can just be a couch potato
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 6:20 AM
Thank you for the mod, it makes obsessive collecting easier.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 7:58 PM
I don't understand why EA didn't make feeding and cleaning up after pets part of their duties to begin with. Thanks for making this. Now my sims can own small pets.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 3:27 AM
Super duper Thanks! ^_^

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 10:55 PM
Thank you soooo much I agree with ViolettaVie I don't know why on earth this wasn't already apart of the game thank you so much for vastly improving it for us!
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 8:09 AM
Thanks for these useful mods . Umm... btw, according to delphy's dashboard, for some reason your mods conflicts with each other- well the FeedClean_pets & CleanMore ones. Is that just me or what (yes I'm bit of newbie here)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 11:14 AM Last edited by CyberBob78 : 30th Jun 2012 at 6:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by moon_kitty4
Thanks for these useful mods . Umm... btw, according to delphy's dashboard, for some reason your mods conflicts with each other- well the FeedClean_pets & CleanMore ones. Is that just me or what (yes I'm bit of newbie here)?

That is odd. Thanks for pointing it out. I've looked through the resources and the only resource that repeats at all is the key file. So, this would be a false conflict. But, I do want to stop it from showing that if possible. I'll check it out more later today and see if I can't get it to stop reporting a false conflict.

Update:
I stand corrected. I had them cleaning the litterbox in both packages. This has now been fixed and you should no longer received any conflicts.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 5:53 AM
Thanks for the info. Yes, the game was fine, it didn't fail on me when I had both in my mods folder... so I ended not worrying about it anyways :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:17 PM
Thank you so much for these. I had set up a ranch and made my butler look like a ranch hand - now he will actually do all the ranch duties that were so hard to keep up with
Forum Resident
#17 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 2:39 AM
Will this also work with douglasveiga's Live in Service Maid NPC mod too?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
Will this also work with douglasveiga's Live in Service Maid NPC mod too?

Yes, I use it myself actually

His maids won't necessarily act exactly the same as these maids though ... but most of the behaviors should be universal.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 6:20 PM
Genius!!!!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 3:45 AM
DOes this need to update? or is it safe for 1.36?

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Majuchan
DOes this need to update? or is it safe for 1.36?

This has nothing to do with gigs or venues at all
Should be fine with 1.36.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CyberBob78
This has nothing to do with gigs or venues at all
Should be fine with 1.36.

Oh great to hear that. thank you. ^_^

Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:58 AM
Hey! I am new to mods, and just downloaded all of these of yours, CyberBob! They are awesome and I am so happy to have them.

I am having a minor little problem, though. My butler will clean all of the minor pet cages, but he will not feed any of them. My lilac breasted roller just "flew off into the sunset" - LOL!

I have game version 1.36 and besides these mods of yours, I have awesomemod installed and some more realistic skins. (They all seem to be working fine.)

Thank you in advance for your help! :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mre76
Hey! I am new to mods, and just downloaded all of these of yours, CyberBob! They are awesome and I am so happy to have them.

I am having a minor little problem, though. My butler will clean all of the minor pet cages, but he will not feed any of them. My lilac breasted roller just "flew off into the sunset" - LOL!

I have game version 1.36 and besides these mods of yours, I have awesomemod installed and some more realistic skins. (They all seem to be working fine.)

Thank you in advance for your help! :-)

The maid and butler should both feed them. Even your sim is encouraged to feed them. None of the resourses used to make these mods have been changed since 1.31 as far as I know. It still works fine in my game also, which is also 1.36. For the minor pets, it should be noted that they will only be fed when their food bowl is running low. As for the bird flying off, if a bird is outside, there is always a risk of the bird flying away ... always. I think your relationshup with the pet will influence it also. I have tweaked this myself for my game however. My birds never ever fly away now

Please try this again. If this continues, please report back to me. I will do my best to fix it
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:15 PM
The bird didn't fly away - it died from lack of food. When I clicked on it while it was upside down in the bottom of the birdcage, a little tag came up that said that it had flown off into the sunset. Sorry for the confusion! :-)

So, since your reply, I have had my Sims play with my chinchilla like crazy to increase their relationship. (?) The butler has cleaned his cage, but will not fed him. He needs $15 worth of food and the butler has walked past twice without feeding him.
And, I don't receive any type of encouragement for my Sims to feed him either.

I will keep playing with it, though, to see if I can increase the relationship more.

Thanks for your help!
Page 1 of 3