Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

1631 Hollow Tree Circle - Starter - No CC

by longdaysend Posted 4th Jul 2012 at 2:39 PM - Updated 4th Jul 2012 at 5:23 PM by longdaysend

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 4:46 PM
Very cute - this will look perfect in my BaCC hood!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 4:59 PM
This is such a cute house! The colours and the little details, and the fact that there's no CC.... I was so busy admiring it that I didn't even notice who posted it. Welcome back, LDE! Gosh it sure has been a while!

So I'm curious about a couple of things in your post. What is this "magic wand" of depreciation you speak of? And the time and frustration you saved by not placing lighting... is that because lights screw up floorplan pics? Or because they're hard to get in the right place, or... what? I'm just curious because 1) I often forget the lights when building a new house 2) When sims move in I always end up moving the lights anyway and 3) it's a pain to take nice floorplan pics with the lights there..... so was wondering if that's what you meant or if you meant something else.
Site Helper
#4 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 5:07 PM
The "magic wand" is a mod which will reduce the cost of the lot by depreciating every item on the lot:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 5:12 PM
Ah, thanks Mootilda! I hadn't heard of that mod before.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 5:18 PM
Mootilda snagged the magic wand one. I didn't consider that anyone wouldn't know what I was talking about lol. sorry about that.

The lighting thing is because to get them exactly where I want, I have to turn off the grid. and, for no logical reason, using that cheat feels tedious to me. so unless I get 'into' a room or I need it because there's no natural light, I don't do lights. :D

And thanks for the WB Fansee It has been awhile for sure. but i'm on a roll right now and I thought I could share since these are turning out really cute!

ETA: Almost forgot to say that you'll rarely find CC in my lots. and even then it's only walls or floors, maybe an object recolor if i get really desperate for a certain look.

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 5:49 PM
It's beautiful and it's a significantly better place than where my poor little family of tutorial Sims is currently living. We need this upgrade! The twins especially thank you.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 6:45 PM
VerDeTerre- Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 12:50 PM
Another pretty home, thank you
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 5:50 PM
Southwestern is my favorite and you have certainly captured that flavor!