Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modified Eye Color Genetics

by Mootilda Posted 12th Jul 2012 at 5:50 PM - Updated 12th Jul 2012 at 5:53 PM by Mootilda : Better title

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 7:04 PM
Nice. Do you ever plan on doing this for hair colors as well?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 7:47 PM
Hair colors already exist. See the download post for a link.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 10:17 PM
Oh my god! i was waiting for this since the mod of the hair came out! thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 11:54 PM
Whoops! How did I skim over that? Thanks.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 1:03 AM
So, this way, can we make custom eyes recessive or dominant, rather than the defaut dominant that custom content normally gets?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 1:37 AM
I never tried custom content. However, according to the Modified Hair Genetics thread,
Quote:
It affects default game hairs, but as far as I can tell it also affects custom hair provided that it's been binned.
Since the modification for eye color is very similar to the modification for hair color, I assume that it will affect custom eyes if they have been properly binned.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 2:43 AM
Yaay! This mod is the greatest. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 11:37 AM
I think for custom eyes you need to change the dominant\recessive values for each package you have. You can also do it in the Wardrobe Wrangler.

Yay for dominant gray eyes <3 Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 3:07 PM
Oh yesh, I've been waiting for this! Thanks a bunch
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 5:06 PM
I did every single custom eye, hair, and skin color package I have in Wardrobe Wrangler. (BTW, that's hundreds total). It was a piece of cake.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:33 AM
See, this is what happens when you keep saying "I'll do the eye mod next month" to yourself for ages; someone else does it. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! Thanks a lot for making this!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 4:38 PM
Thanks for making the modified hair genetics. It's a wonderful mod!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 2:13 PM
I'm glad you enjoy it!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 3:30 PM
Good idea Mootilda (and TheSilverLining) :-) You say that they're binned as dominant or recessive though, but am I correct in thinking that eyes have a value of 1, 2, 3 or 4 to show their dominance/recessiveness - which have you used here? I ask because I used to have eyes in my game ranging over all 4 values - unfortunately I can't do it any more because SimPE doesn't work properly for me on my new laptop but I would maybe like to use some of your eye genetics instead depending on how you've done them :-)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 5:12 PM
I only used 1 and 2 (dominant and recessive). I suppose that I could consider upgrading the set to have all 4 values, if there's a demand. Sorry that you have problems with SimPE; it's such a helpful tool that I can't imagine doing without it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 2:50 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 20th Jul 2012 at 3:31 PM.
Well, I would be interested, but if I manage to get SimPE working I do know how to do it myself; like I said, I used to have the Maxis eyes and all the custom eyes I used geneticised how I liked them, before I bought a new laptop, installed the game and discovered that I can't get SimPE working properly.

I'm still not entirely sure how I manage to live without it! :-( I do miss it greatly, it's useful for so much stuff :-)

I'm just about to start using your recessive dark blue eyes, so thank you :-) It never made any sense to me that brown eyes didn't dominate everything else (apart from alien)!

**EDIT** Writing this message got me thinking about how much I miss SimPE, so I set about trying to figure out the problem. I ended up downloading the last but one version (0.72, I think) and now it seems to be working fine! :-) Now all my eye genetics are geneticised the way I like them :-) Thank you for inspiring me to finally sort everything out and get a working version of SimPE on my laptop!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 6:19 PM
Interesting. Thank you.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 3:31 PM
Thank you, I love it! It's one of those things that you always wanted, but you didn't know that it was possible.

P.S. Is it possible to make such a mod for skintones? The reason I ask is because aliens tend to dominate too much. I was glad to see that at least their eyes can be converted to be recessive now.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 3:50 PM
I believe that it would be possible to do something similar for skintones, but it would require some research.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 5:37 PM
Thanks for reply! If it ever comes around, it would be nice! I tend to avoid aliens since my only sim+alien couple so far was producing exclusively aliens for 3 generations. They were having like 3 kids each generation, and all of them were full aliens
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th May 2013 at 1:43 AM
THANK YOU!!!! I was needing a mod like that sooo badly! I almost NEVER get gray or green eyed babies... You and TheSilverLining got my respect! Awesome job
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 12:11 PM
Love it, thanks a lot!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:23 AM
WOO! Genetics class for the win!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:23 AM
WOO! Genetics class for the win!