Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Warmth of The Cliffside'

by lewjen Posted 14th Jul 2012 at 3:18 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2013 at 4:59 PM by lewjen

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 2:23 AM
Just noticed you had released this fabulous lot. Excellent. I love the colors you have used.
Typical
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 2:26 AM
Thank you Sail, for commenting! Much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 4:49 PM
this is a beautiful lot! and no cc used? fantastic! i particularly like the three story cliffside stair thing you have going on.
Typical
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 6:55 PM
YES!!! *Punches the air many, many times* Woo, it got picked. Wow, so happy, thanks also aberrantanecdote for commenting!
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 7:23 PM
Congrats Lew! it's such a beautiful house!
Field Researcher
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 10:28 PM
Gorgeous modern design!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 11:36 PM
I can't wait to use this house!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:49 PM
Very modern and very realistic! You have done a spectacular job at building the cliffside using the perfect terrain paint, plants. The architecture is great and I love how the floor plan is a lot more spacious than imagined. Well done! Certainly deserved to be a picked upload.
Typical
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 5:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments. And WOW, TheDeadSim, thanks a lot!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:54 PM
Congrats, you got picked!!!! \o/ Very pleased for you, Lew! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 11:21 PM
This is such a nice lot, Too bad I can't make anything this good lol. The colors blend so well together!
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 10:15 PM
to be honest i don't understand why it's picked upload. nothing special when you compare it to other picked. in my oppinion overrated
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 12:26 PM
OMG! Such a nice house! *downloading*
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 5:44 AM
What a pretty home! And, I'm sure the view is spectacular on that hill. Your interior furnishings, wall-coverings, and decor items are both stylish and easy on the eye. Thank you for sharing this cozy hill top home!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 7:09 PM
youre welcome, and may i also ask, did you use any cheats whilst making this? ive tried countless times using the constrainfloorelevation false cheat to get the terrain elevation close to the walls as you have here. i installed this lot a while back and im still marvelling at it!
Typical
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 8:07 PM
aberrantanecdote - Yup, I used the constrainFloorElevation false cheat. It's been quite a while since I've actually flat out *built* in TS3, in fact the last time I built was before my last upload. Consequently, I'm a tad rusty and can't really remember, without reinstalling this lot to my game, how I did some stuff. I think a lot of the stuff is covered in tutorials that are on this site, under 'Create > Sims 3 > Tutorials', then 'building tutorials'. Sorry I'm not much more of a help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 9:51 PM
Thanks for the house design. I use this house on the cliff areas, instead of the EA default smaller house. I had to tweak the garage and door going to the garage to get it to work in my game. I modernized the exterior with different custom exterior brick walls to give it a light and bright exterior. I add a custom brick trim on the edges of the roof to give it a sleek finished look. The townies seem to always want to live in it.